Allow Earthshaker + Rampage to function

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darchon, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yeah, there were a few charm nerfs shortly after this era. Understandably! Charm has been overpowered here since classic, but it became ridiculous in PoP when mob DPS went through the roof. I love charming and did it a bunch on AK (where it was rarer/harder than it is here, mostly for the reasons Marv mentioned), but if a TAKP Green type server spins off someday, I hope charm is dialed back a bit.

2. surron

surron People Like Me

i dont think there's any benefit to shakerpage working with kite limits in. best you'll get is FG caller event which is like 1 aa off 16 hand ins (which i dont think is possible in takp)... or maybe continuously pulling to a stun locked crowd in p1 pop (but you could just do that now with pbaoe nukes)

lets be real here pit warring was better exp and way easier, but just read my signature for torven's opinion

Break likes this.
  3. Radda

Radda People Like Me

i think the dps nerf was during GoD mokli, after echanters charmed pets for the trials .

4. Yarnee

Yarnee People Like Me

In madden 94 if you do the halfback sweep the quarterback tosses the ball to the running back and if you run the running back straight to the sidelines and then straight up to the end zone no matter what position the defense starts out in you cant catch him, shakerpaging is the halfback sweep of everquest, it ruins the game

5. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Was just after LoY: http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20030408.html

Which tracks with what I remember. Everyone was still xping in PoP. You only went to LoY zones for specific reasons.

Radda and Pithy like this.
  6. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yep, the charm nerfs came very soon after AK forked. We actually have one of the charm nerfs here (the mildest one), because AK's spell data was synchronized with Live's a little while after the original fork:

For example, Command of Druzzil here has no resist adjustment, whereas at PoP launch it had a -50 MR adjustment.

7. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

This topic is deader than Monk AC.

Aithne, Mokli, Tuluvien and 1 other person like this.
  8. Break

Break People Like Me

Pit war was one of the single most fun things I ever did in EQ, but I only did it once or twice because I didn't really "need" AAs at that point. The exp was so fast that I actually had to panic buy some abilities because I was going to hit the cap.

I soaked up a couple of shaker pages, but you are correct that it wasn't even close to the pit war.

I really thought a fast paced group clearing mobs anywhere was much more fun than sitting around for several minutes waiting on 2-3 other people to do all the work with a shaker page. Jazper let me borrow his bard to try the pull once. That actually seemed like more fun, but I kept getting everyone killed with pulls that were too small.

9. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Pit war is overblown. With a single charm pet you can keep as many (or more) mobs clear as you could running pit war.

10. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

11. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

That was the xp nerf, the dps nerf either wasn't in a patch note or happened not long after.