Putting together a beastlord achievable BiS for a non-raider list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaruden, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Jaruden

Jaruden Member

Hi helpful friends! I'm trying to put together a list of (achievable) BiS items for my beastlord - with the caveat that I don't raid, I'm unlikely to ever enter elemental planes, etc (right now just stuck in tier 1). So I'm mostly looking at things I can chase down myself, but mostly it's just "what can I buy in the bazaar?" due to the nicer PoP things coming from higher up areas.

I'm mainly acting as group tank in my trio (+DRU/MAG) or maybe DPS if grouping with another who tanks, so gear is aiming that way. Currently level 62 with about 10 AA. Current Magelo.

Here's what I've come up with. Anything that I'm just flat out missing? Anything you'd move around? (spirit wracked cord). Any major focus/ability items I'm missing? Other than haste on the epic, I don't have much of any focus items. In some cases I've listed alternate items if the main item is super expensive (15k+) - I need something in the interim. There look to be some nice elemental crafting items, but I've yet to see any for sale, so I'm not sure if they're here, will become available, how much they'll cost, etc, so I left them out -- Windskin, Firehide, etc. Also some advanced Ceramic * items.

Head: Crown of Narandi Alt: Ornate Leather. Alt alt: Cowl of Mortality (if I need to move haste)
    Face: Eyepatch of Plunder
    Neck: Any +6 Talisman Alt: Black Plated Collar (rare droppable in tactics, no idea if I'll ever see it for sale)
    Back: Cloak of Lesser Pernicity
    Shoulders: Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl (Is there a better item than this? It's a lot of work to do this quest... Options seem very limited)
    Chest: Ornate Leather
    Arms: Spirit Wracked Cord
    Wrist: Ornate Leather Alt: Bracer of Benevolence
    Wrist: Ornate Leather
    Finger: Steel Ring of Earthen Resilience Alt: Valorium Ring of Gallantry (Steel ring is 30k)
    Finger: War Crested Ring
    Waist: Girdle of Flayed Iksar Alt: Broken Drivebelt (rare junk beast drop - unsure if it will sell)
    Hands: Ornate Leather
    Legs: Ornate Leather
    Feet: Ornate Leather
    Primary: Steel Hilted Flint Dagger Alt: Epic
    Secondary: Epic
    Range: Ceramic Water Sprinkler of Marr
    Ear: Bloodmetal Earring of Engagement
    Ear: Earring of Solstice

Thanks for any help!
    (I need to do the same for my Druid and Mage if anyone has any handy resources to make this faster)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  2. Gindainy

Gindainy Well-Known Member

I'd say War Crested Ring from PoTa is one of the best 2 non-raid rings due to the Improved Damage IV focus. Weapon wise I'd also put Scepter of Destruction on the list.

3. Break

Break People Like Me

Head: You can do circlet of the Falinkan with CoV faction. Decent HP, lots of mana, good for slows/debuffs/dots until you get your post-60 spells.
    Neck: I've purchased two of the black plated collars in the baz. You should be able to find one.
    Back: Might go Hiero over your choice, but I probably would wait for other slots.
    Shoulders: Have you considered strength of the elements? I've been meaning to knock off Yael for my last piece. I currently wear Sentinel's Shoulder Pads, which are also fairly cheap in the Bazaar.
    Wrist: Bracer of Benevolence x 2 (again CoV faction) would be much easier/cheaper to get than ornate, and would probably provide similar HP due to the extra stamina. You'd miss out on the vengeance.
    Waist: Bone-clasped girdle seems to have the most HP, but the lodi belt adds extra atk if you aren't tanking.
    Range: Lucky Battle Bloodstone and Idol of the Wavecrasher are both decent slot fillers

That's all the input I have. Not sure any of that is BiS, but it's all decent gear.

4. surron

surron People Like Me

idk did steel hilt flinted dagger for 5 years on my BL. I think waning light katar is better than dagger, and epic. Even max dex cause of enchanter's boon. Sometimes you proc 5x on a mob, most of the time its once - even worse if it's fire resistant mob. Would love to see some stats on it, but it's just too unreliable (back in kunark and velious dagger was great). katar is also h2h which has slightly higher skill cap for BL and gives AC.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
    DubRemix88 likes this.
  5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Depending on your group setup, the BL fungi might be a good BP option.

Ring 9 for a nice insta-clicky.

Stonehide (player crafted armor from Plane of Earth mats) has good tank stats. For example, the boots have 90 HP. Seems like that's better than ornate in most slots? You couldn't farm Stonehide yourself without raid flags, but if you had plat you could probably pay someone to farm and combine it for you.

Shaderock Amulet from the Va'Dyn is an easy 100 HP. Technically a raid mob, but groupable these days. Some weirdos trio her.

Secrets of the Planes is doable without raid flags. (Though you'll need to buy a Hope Stone MQ.) SotP has mana pres, attack, great stats, etc. Very strong BL range item.

Heavy Tooled Weapon Belt has solid melee stats and is up in the baz occasionally.

I donno how valuable faster/cheaper slows are for you, but you might consider a Ceramic Skull of Decay (33% faster slows), or a Ceramic Gavel of Justice or Wrulon Eye (25% mana pres on debuffs/DoTs).

6. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

If you do try for a Wrulon Eye just note they are rare- from a rare spawn.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You may want to consider some more focus items for your beastlord. Mana Preservation and Improved Damage seem to be the two primary things to focus on. Improved Healing may be nice for your pet heal.

Based on your current list I may suggest swapping 1 ring for War Crested Ring, to get Improved Damage IV and improve your Frost Spear/Blizzard Blast damage?

Ceramic Sprinkler of Marr for Mana Pres 4 if you find yourself often low or out of mana. I am not sure how often beastlords run into this especially if you're playing with an enchanter though.

Assuming you won't access Elemental Planes but will do alt-access quests to access Tactics, HoH, BoT etc. there are some other no drop items that come from targets that are sort of aimed at multi-group mini-raids but are doable with 1 group provided you have a cleric and enchanter charming. I don't know if you want to include those though. Drops from BoT Tower named and some of the Tactics multi-group mobs would probably knock other items off your current list.

DubRemix88 likes this.
  8. Jaruden

Jaruden Member

Thanks for the tips all!

@Break What do you need to take down Yael? I figured he was above my pay grade, but have never fought him. Also Bone Clasped Girdle is not marked BST usable. The other suggestions have some good fits, some of those I've never seen in my searches, thanks!

I made a few edits for those following along for their own use.

9. Jaruden

Jaruden Member

If I stumble into some groups and such happens, I'm all for it :) But I'd rather not pin the list. I don't have an enc/clr and don't plan to start them, so I'll leave that off as not feasible for my group.

Oh good addition! I'd found the ceramic incense burner and added it to my list last night, but I didn't see there was an MP4 version available. Generally I don't have much for mana issues, but I'm also trying to just keep agro, not up my damage so much. Something like that might allow for a nice dps increase.

10. Jaruden

Jaruden Member

Good picks! I've got ring 8 already (this list would become insanely long if I tried to list all the clickies!) I have much of this on my "maybe" list offhand. I hadn't seen a single bit of Firehide/Stonehide/etc for sale yet, so I wasn't sure what the market was (or when) there. You're right, in most cases it looks like the best option above ornate if you're not relying on a focus effect. If it starts to sell I'll update to include it. I've got Secrets of the Planes on the "is this really doable?" list. I'll dig in more and see. That item would be killer for all my chars.

11. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

SotP MQ is the new Mage Epic MQ, RIP Vhaksiz and Rallius.

12. Break

Break People Like Me

Well, he (Yael) is fairly low level due to being an old-world boss. I had a couple ideas floating around in my head on how to handle his DT. I think I might be able to take him trio with two mages and a rezzer, but it's more likely to require a full group.

I totally thought the waist was all/all. Sorry for the poor suggestion.

13. Jaruden

Jaruden Member

No worries! I'm happy to help if you want to give Yael a go in a group and see how it goes. Hit me up in game.

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Yael is mezzable. This allows for some interesting shenanigans for killing him with a trio.

Break and Tuluvien like this.
  15. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Yael was a funny trio back in Velious. I used a mage, a speedbump SK who ate DTs over and over, and a cleric. But yeah, a mezzer would make things a lot more stable/less hilarious.

16. Break

Break People Like Me

It turns out that your way works much better than trying to mez between DTs. He is so MR that with tash and Mala on him, I still couldn't get mez to consistently land (<50%) success rate. I don't think I ever got malosinia to land. I ended up using a mage pet. Then I'd rez the bard between DTs and throw him a Celestial Healing while he auto-attacked to get him back on the DT list.

17. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Rapture is -1000 MR and always lands.

18. Break

Break People Like Me

I was using bard mez, and I don't have the ancient. Would the 40% memblur in rapture cause any issues? I have no idea what his out of combat regen looks like.

Anyway, pet and rez worked pretty well. I'll probably stick to that in the future.

19. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

You’d need ancient bard Mez since that’s a rapture equivalent in terms of resist.

You counteract the blur chance by tagging with non-damage aggro immediately after Mez lands with enchanter this is easiest with Tash.

Break likes this.
  20. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Thanks for starting this thread, this is exactly the info, I will need sooner or later!

Hooplebogart and Jaruden like this.