Trophy Trios: the Three-Box Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

A monk/shm duo two-boxed Doze on AK in middling elemental gear. Makes ya wonder if someone will solo (one toon only) Doze someday on TAKP...

I trio'd the Mujaki the Devourer event in PoN today. Not super exciting or looty, but a kinda fun off-the-beaten-path trio.

2. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Storm Giant Minis from woods and desert are trio-able. I did war/clr/enc with a frog pet. I didn't try the FD ones.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    DubRemix88 likes this.
  3. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

I killed DVinn in Crushbone the other day...

Dairmuid, mobias66, Draeko and 2 others like this.
  4. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

The 6 hours PoStorms minis are a super easy trio for Ench + Clr + Druid (two frog pets). Even the Ocean ones since pets don't get feigned (from what I can see).

5. Wimz1

Wimz1 Member

Not too impressive compared to some of the crazy shit ya'll are trioing but I trio'd Stanos Herkanor the other day, was pretty fun and exciting

Radda, pivoo, Mechaike and 2 others like this.
  6. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Stanos is rugged! Even with VT gear at 60, we had to take 3 groups, haha. That's awesome. (Makes me wanna try it again!)

7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I've trio'd the first hour or so of the Fishlord event in PoWater a couple of times. It's pretty fun and pretty decent exp. I've killed a few named, but I always get swamped and wipe eventually. It'd be amazing if someone could trio the whole three-hour enchilada!

8. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

How long did it take to kill him? Stanos is level 65. I wonder if a solid group could farm him for exp.

9. Wimz1

Wimz1 Member

Not long. Only 28k hp and very much a burn before you get wrecked kinda fight, in my case both from his dps and also from the inevitable GM rogue adds at some point in the fight. If rogue was better geared could maybe kill Stanos before they arrived, though.

10. Break

Break People Like Me

I'm sure this is old news for most people, but I successfully triod my first BoT wing boss today (Oreen) using Mag / Bard / Druid.

This would have been impossible without the OP mag charm. I was able to manage tanking duties on my bard, but I was pretty low on mana on the druid by the end of the short fight. I can't wait to see what he can tank with better gear and full defensive AAs.

11. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Grats! BoT and Storms are great zones for your trio. Tactics too, come to think of it - boar petsssss

Break likes this.
  12. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

Caught Wuoshi up, and downed her solo. Fight took around 30 minutes, when she hit 20% to run I was sitting around 50% mana. Other class buffs were VOQ and Regrowth, everything else was clickies and self buffs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    Mechaike, pivoo, surron and 11 others like this.
  13. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Did you log it? I wanna see your damage distribution, haha.

14. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Nice one!

15. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

I just got around to separating the Wuoshi combat log. I'll send you a message on discord and attach the text document for you.

16. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Paid a little trip to PoG, and killed a couple of the minor nameds. This zone has potential! Hopefully more to come soon:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Walex, Neealana, Mukk and 3 others like this.
  17. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Just 3-boxed the hedge event. The fight at the end lasted 16 minutes even with a charm pet putting in 400 dps
    [​IMG]

Sketchy, Slayzz, Break and 6 others like this.
  18. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Wow! That's impressive

Walex likes this.
  19. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

WTB Hedge Run ;)

krape and Walex like this.
  20. Yinikren

Yinikren Well-Known Member

Hedge event trio is neat but don't do this if anyone is trying to check it off their list. It completely borks the script because any mobs left up don't de/respawn. Likely something tells the script that the time allotment is out and the next people to do it get ported out randomly/have a bunch of mobs up at port in/various assorted other nonsense.

21. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I got ported out mid-hedge run FOUR separate times. We had extra random mobs in random places. On one re-attempt when we first said the phrase to Thelin to get ported up, there was a stack of 6 mobs waiting for us on port-up.

It seriously messed up the hedge event, multiple instances of it it seems.

First run: had people get ported to zone-in around half way through. A group of people got ported out first, then the remainder of the raid around a minute later. Thelin was alive.
    Second run: Successful, but two people got ported out randomly near the end of the event, the remaining people finished it.
    Third run: One group couldn't get ported up saying the phrase, so had to start again.
    Fouth run: Had like 20 extra mobs left throughout the maze, near the end we had a stack of 7 extra mobs jump us from around a corner and Thelin died to enrage or whatever.
    Fifth run: One group couldn't get ported up saying the phrase, so had to start again.
    Sixth run: few extra mobs in the maze, but managed to complete it.

It seems the script can't properly deal with a) failures, b) successes when mobs are left up.

I assume spawned mobs in hedge shouldn't stay up forever and it should reset between failures and successes?

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  22. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The mobs are scripted to despawn after 25 minutes of unaggro time. It also counts the number of players inside and will kick out players to enforce the 18 limit. Which players it removes is semi-random. If players outside the 3 groups get in there somehow then it will likely result in players from those groups being booted.

I don't see any quest errors or any NPCs still up as of this post. If a script is bugging out, it's best to ring me in discord so I can log in and check as it's happening.

If you guys are doing this maze without killing any of the adds, I'd like to know how.

23. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

On Al'Kabor, I boxed the Hedge once or twice by simply mezzing everything and then AE pacifying and AE blurring.

Radda likes this.
  24. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

This is pretty much what I did. It seems like the adds are scripted to despawn on failure but not success.

I logged on to help them after their 2nd or 3rd attempt. I can confirm that when the two characters were booted out, we only had 18 in the hedge at a time.

Also, we failed one of the attempts by letting Thelin die (because we got overrun with so many adds from the previous attempts) and everyone EXCEPT for Walex got ported out. Presumably because he was part of my 3-box crew that soloed it the day before.

Cadsuane likes this.
  25. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

No, the adds are scripted to depop just like any other scripted depopping NPC in any other script. What you were doing to them may have broke the engaged/disengaged logic somehow.

The mechanism to remove players in the event that Thelin dies is different than the 18 player limit removal. It's different due to accuracy because on Live when he dies it teleports people only within a certain distance of an invisible NPC. The script does not keep track of individual players at all. It merely only accepts 3 group teleports before rejecting more and counts up to 18 players inside periodically and removes any excess semi-randomly without checking names or entity IDs. There is no list of players that ported in that is kept.

Cadsuane likes this.
  26. Dunenilo

Dunenilo Member

I'm thinking that the challenge list needs to be updated with people attempting stuff that hasn't been listed.

DubRemix88 likes this.
  27. Wimz1

Wimz1 Member

Has anyone trio'd Diaku Overseer yet? I got him to 4% trio so I imagine one of you powernerds has done it, right?

28. Nakunaru

Nakunaru People Like Me

Another solo one, Kelorek'Dar

Only outside class buff was VoQ, everything else clickies and self buffs.

[​IMG]

29. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Doesn't even have DA/DB on his spell bar, what a legend.

30. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

A cleric without DA/DB on spell bar???! That is ILLEGAL