Ranger Attack Score Confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by S9Forever, Mar 30, 2024.

1. S9Forever

S9Forever Member

What all factors into a Ranger's attack score? As I look to improve my ranger, I'm noticing that there are several other rangers with attack scores (from Magelo download) that are close to mine, yet I have more worn item ATK than they do. What am I missing/not understanding for Thornwood? Is Strength that big of a factor, and does it apply to Archery?

name atk_total atk_item atk_offense STR_total
    Pricia 1385 60 545 247
    Hokashi 1356 70 500 291
    Thornwood 1345 110 492 208
    Twix 1344 25 501 214

2. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Weapon skill

3. S9Forever

S9Forever Member

Thornwood's 1HS is 250, and I'm assuming these other toons are maxed as well. Pricia has a Piercing weapon equipped, which is max 240 for a Ranger, which makes this even weirder to me.

Offense skill is maxed at 252 as well.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2024
  4. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

The ATK displayed on the character sheet and magelo is for the main hand weapon skill. The factors that go into it are your class (ranger gets more), your STR or DEX (if it's archery), your weapon skill and your character level.
    It doesn't matter what you have in your primary hand for archery, but the game UI never shows the ranged ATK like that, so it won't hurt your archery if for example you have a piercing weapon in your main hand.
    This is how we generate the stat on the magelo dump:

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]

Break and Ravenwing like this.
  5. S9Forever

S9Forever Member

Thank you for sharing the code, Solar!

6. Trollio55

Trollio55 Member

Strength definitely factors into attack.
    Magelo won't incorporate buffs.
    There's also a delay when it comes to updating attack on your profile. I'm not sure exactly how long but if changing gear, your stats update instantly but attack takes a minute or two to update so you may need to refresh the profile after a bit.