PoP Gear not on our server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

2. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Hero

Linkamus and Tuluvien like this.
  3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

The very early of timeless chest were itemized into the itemid 47000s. and hp/mana and resist were increased as well as adding the mod2. the clickies were removed as well and added in the focus / worn effect.

I went ahead and removed the clickies from those chest armor and add the worn / focus that were changed to in the late 2003. I left the stats as is and no mod2 were added.

Mechaike, Sketchy, Linkamus and 5 others like this.
  4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Very cool, thanks Rob.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Sad Druid.

6. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

What was the druid BP click?

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Winged Death. Different from the TT orb’s Swarming Death.

The druid focus is Wrath of E’ci I which is also on Bracer of Precision which is a solid wrist option for Druids anyways.

If we are updating them can they also gain the skill modifiers? All the priest ones had Specialization Alteration 8% for example.

8. Kovah

Kovah Active Member

Hey Rob, sorry, just for clarification, are you saying we are getting the BP's (stats) as they are in allaclone, but the focus effects updated (as listed on say Allakhazam?).

for example, pally BP (per allaclone):

upload_2022-2-8_13-49-28.png

we get this ^^ BP (stats / hp / resists) but instead of the clicky, we get the focus effect from this BP?:

upload_2022-2-8_13-50-6.png

9. robregen

yeah pretty much

Mechaike, Foxboxx, Elroz and 2 others like this.
  10. robregen

after much discussion with Torven, we decided to update it to the 2003 version that has increased hp/mana, resist 20s and mod stats. That includes the focus / worn effects.

Frosst, Denzal, Mechaike and 17 others like this.
  11. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Thanks for taking the time to iron these kinks out, guys.

Mechaike, Foxboxx and Ravenwing like this.
  12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I went ahead and fixed up my link hotkeys to see the items in game. I found 3 issues:

1. Ossein of Limitless Time is showing as a cloth necklace item graphic. It is possible we don't have that graphic as it was likely added in LoY+? Maybe just assign it some typical PoP offhand looking graphic to make it function.

I have no idea what this item will look like when held, but it should probably be made to look like some PoP offhand also.

2. Timeless Coral Greatsword is currently 1hs. It should be 2hs.

3. Temporal Chainmail Sleeves are currently Ranger only. They should be all chain classes (Ranger / Rogue / Shaman).

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  13. robregen

actually, this was added like in the OoW era in 2004. I am thinking that this item should be out of era.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=33283#m11042503044219

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

It was sort of yes, but it really rounds out the itemization of the final PoP end zone. The other 5 items that were added were also introduced around that timeline I believe?

Personally I think it should stay. Every other caster/priest has a class specific item (Cleric hammer, Druid Orb, Shaman TA, Mage Malo mask, Enc Slow click, Wiz TL book) except Necromancer until Ossein comes in.

15. robregen

those other items came out in late 2003. We are going to keep those in. But Ossein is not.

16. The Shade

The Shade Active Member

Ah, another short end of the stick for Necros!

RossGuy likes this.
  17. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

That is a Necro/Wiz shared item. Wizards also get the Time Travelers Abandoned Notebook from P3 with clicky Translocate.

Ossein was the only Necro only item.

It really isn’t some imbalanced item that would cause issues if it is left imo. Necros really get the short end of the stick in PoP with no Fire DoT upgrades, minimal useful AAs, pet and DoT critical AAs don’t come in until GoD etc. It really sucks to have them lose this top tier clicky snare option as well.

Frosst, RossGuy, Kuron and 2 others like this.
  19. Slippy_Surefoot

Slippy_Surefoot Member

The Blessed Guardian arrows came out mid 2003 too. Any chance for those being added for those that didn't know to choose Tunare?

Pithy likes this.
  20. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

So much this! Granted, PoP is better to necros than Luclin was. It still sucks that we don't get ossein or even an aa that reduces reagents for our pets.

21. Aithne

Aithne Member

It's not the job of the Devs here to balance classes that were unbalanced in the time period. It's really nice to have some clear mistakes fixed like the not existing BPs and effects, but anything else should not be touched. Thanks to the Devs for all the hard work and listening to our pleas.

22. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

I'd say necros are balanced, but then I like them ;)
    The utility clicky stuff is just fun and handy.

23. RossGuy

If that's the case, please explain rangers shooting a cornered mob.

24. necra

necra People Like Me

Well thats pretty easy rangers couldnt shoot cornered stuff on ak so they cant here

Devour_Souls and Aithne like this.
  25. GreldorEQ

GreldorEQ Active Member

From a necro perspective, I would advocate that this item is purely a fun opportunity for a class-specific rare time item similar to the many others that exist. We already have clicky epic snare, dispell and root ring, adding Ossein would trivialize nothing and only complete the time experience as it produces no net-new necro functionality. If it had been added out of era in Jan 2004, would that change your opinion? What makes the add date relevant if the goal is to complete the time-experience as it was intended (i.e. adding BPs)?

Ossein added later is righting a wrong for PoP itemization balance, which is the exact same thing we are doing by adding the BPs. If we were only sticking to AK, this entire thread would have been over after Darchon's 1st post, and we would all be thinking about what could have been!

Toomuch, RossGuy and Break like this.
  26. RossGuy

Doh. >.<

necra likes this.
  27. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Updated list for TAKP (April 2022) comparing TAKP items vs Live items (Ignoring Mod2s like Shielding). It seems there was a tuning patch at some point where they removed a bunch of STR/STA on gear and added AGI/CHA to the gear instead. I think they discovered that while STR/STA are universally useful to all characters, they went overboard and people way overcapped these stats while the others were undercap.

Phase 2
    ID - 28660 - Drape of Unending - missing 20 PR (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 27990 - Gauntlets of Disruption - missing 15 CHA/AGI, shouldn't have 20 STA (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 28662 - Girdle of Restoration - missing 20 CHA, shouldn't have 15 STR (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 21999 - Hoop of the Enlightened - missing focus Druzzil's Distance (takp item source: OLDPEQ)

Phase 3
    ID - 21997 - Cloak of Wishes - missing 15 AGI/10 CHA, shouldn't have 25 STA (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 28657 - Fiery Crystal Guard - missing 15 AGI (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 5760 - Earring of Xaoth Kor - missing 15 AGI/CHA, shouldn't have 25 STR, missing 20 PR, shouldn't have 20 FR (takp item source: OLDPEQ)

Phase 4
    ID - 28648 - Cap of Flowing Time - missing 15 AGI/CHA, shouldn't have 18 STA, missing 175 HP/170 Mana shouldn't have 160 HP/155 Mana (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 26994 - Ring of Evasion - missing 18 CHA, shouldn't have 18 DEX, was priest-only instead of priests/int casters (takp item source: OLDPEQ)
    ID - 28663 - Runeward Belt - missing 10 CHA/15 STA, shouldn't have 20 STA (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 20898 - Symbol of the Planemasters - missing 20 CHA, shouldn't have 20 STA (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 21998 - Cape of Endless Torment - missing FT VI (6), shouldn't have FT IV (4) (takp item source: OLDPEQ)
    ID - 28605 - Coif of Flowing Time - missing Timespin effect, shouldn't have 40% Haste (takp item source: OLDPEQ)
    ID - 7125 - Earring of Corporeal Essence - missing 10 STA, 25 DEX, 15 CHA, shouldn't have 20 STA, 30 DEX (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 26991 - Band of Prismatic Focus - missing Vengeance III (+15 atk) (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 28667 - Bracer of Precision - missing focus Wrath of E'ci (takp item source: OLDPEQ)
    ID - 28658 - Mantle of Deadly Precision - missing 18 CHA, shouldn't have 18 STR (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    ID - 26988 - Winged Stormboots - missing 20 CHA, shouldn't have 15 STA (takp item source: ALKABOR)

Phase 5
    ID - 15927 - Belt of Temporal Bindings - missing +8 hp regen (unsure of effect name) (takp item source: OLDPEQ)
    ID - 8977 - Collar of Catastrophe - had Vengeance IV instead of Vengeance VI (takp item source: ALKABOR)
    everything below is source from OLDPEQ.
    ID - 20508 - Symbol of Ancient Summoning - missing focus Minion of Eternity (just graphical bug, the focus works... same case with VT Gloves)
    ID - 24573 - Timespinner, Blade of the Hunter - missing 15 CHA
    ID - 27274 - Barrier of Freezing Winds - missing +7 hp regen (unsure of effect name)
    ID - 28652 - Pants of Furious Might - missing 30 STR / 25 AGI, shouldn't have 25 DEX
    ID - 68196 - Sandals of Empowerment - did not exist

Quarm
    ID - 21993 - Bracer of the Inferno - missing 18 WIS, shouldn't have 18 INT
    ID - 16156 - Cord of Temporal Weavings - missing Vengeance VII (35 atk) or some unknown combined 45% haste 35 atk effect?
    ID - 22894 - Hammer of the Timeweaver - proc is Time Strike (DD) instead of Call of Time (swarm pet)
    ID - 15805 - Shroud of Eternity - missing 15 AGI / 20 CHA, shouldn't have 25 STR
    ID - 26987 - Stone of Flowing Time - missing 15 CHA, shouldn't have 20 STA
    ID - 28649 - Ethereal Silk Leggings - missing 25 INT, shouldn't have 25 WIS

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Linkamus and solar like this.
  28. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Hammer of the Timeweaver has the right spell ID but it's a different spell. This same situation was true with Quarm and some of the other NPCs - Hobart loaded up a 'future' version of the zone population and items but the spell file didn't align with the effects the NPCs were scripted to cast and the effects on the items. So essentially some random spell happens to occupy that ID and that's what we have. Could possibly change it to Call of the Tempest for something similar.

Cord of Temporal Weavings - the lucy history shows the ATK being added in 2004.. I checked and there is no haste + 35 ATK effect to reference in our spell data. Could do something like add Fury of the Vah Shir maybe?

Linkamus likes this.
  29. robregen

Pithy and Linkamus like this.
  30. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

It seems Time items received a round of light revisions in March of 2004, then a deeper round of revisions in May through July of 2005. Do the devs have a target date in mind to synchronize to? Or are you going for the latest versions of the items (minus mod2 effects like shielding)?

For example, here's the revision timeline for Hoop of the Enlightened:

Oct, 2002 - PoP released
    Feb, 2003 - LoY released
    May, 2003 - first guilds enter Time
    Sep, 2003 - Quarm dies, LDoN released
    Feb, 2004 - GoD released
    Mar, 2004 - Hoop of the Enlightened gets FT3
    Sep, 2004 - OoW released
    May, 2005 - Hoop of the Enlightened gets Druzzil's Distance, loses FT3
    July, 2005 - Hoop of the Enlightened gets FT3 again
    Feb, 2005 - DoN released

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022