Aggro-kitting DRU-BST-MAG lvl 62+

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pivoo, Oct 1, 2022.

1. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

I have few questions and asking for any tips from experienced aggro-kitters. I only learned about aggro-kitting when already in 50's, and I love it. My dying dropped significantly since. :D

What are some good places (and mobs) for kitting at 62 or higher? While I only have flags for Tactics, Storms and Valor, I'm interested in all good, easy and simple places, suitable for clumsy players. ;) Currently I'm in Storms, kitting Loroks, it is very easy, since other mobs don't KOS, XP around 1% per mob, maybe a little better, so all is great, but after some 80-90 Loroks, I have yet to get my first EP spell drop. They have them in their loot table, but... (I also didn't get any EP at GY in PoN, another easy aggro-kitting place in fifties)

And just generally, I would like to know what other good places this game has.

Also, do you have any good tips for someone new to this style of playing. For speed I'm using 54 Form of the Howler. Would expensive Mask of the Hunter add to kitting experience, or is that magnification a distraction? Which magician pets to use, ones with stuns or rather the ones with backstab? Since BST pet stuns already, I would guess backstabbing pet would be better for extra damage?

Any other suggestions? Which spells goes better together for this type of play? What is your setup?

I know, with BST you can also tank, and I may use BST one day for tanking, (I also have warrior) but so far, aggro-kitting is for me just so much easier to play.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
  2. necra

necra People Like Me

In tactics abive the pit is an empty room woth sand in the middle i used to kite in there the mobs from the top of the pit with my necro.

Anither good option would be pov

Toomuch and pivoo like this.
  3. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Tactics - I've been in that room with a friend charming, and those can be snared, I plan to go there, yes nice big room, plenty of space for running around, thanks. (I forgot, not all three of my trio has Tactic flag yet)

Which mobs should I kite in Valor? I tried at zone line, there are some small black liches, those can't be snared. I tried to pull something from water further toward east and pulled whole bunch of mobs. What part of Valor is good for aggro-kitting and which mobs? You were probably kitting undead ones to the west? Would undead be good fit for my trio aggro-kitting?

4. necra

necra People Like Me

Go to the caves and kite fiends, non summon

pivoo likes this.
  5. necra

necra People Like Me

Undead are ticky to single pull, just stick to the fiends cave or the walls by the castle up the ramp kiting geonids

pivoo likes this.
  6. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Will do, thank you!

7. Maelin

Maelin Member

valor fiends is the best place imo, but it has been quite difficult to find unoccupied the last few weeks.

pivoo likes this.
  8. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Good to know, thank you. I sometimes play at weird times, I may get lucky. Are fiends west of ZL toward that cave in the corner?

Edit:
    Yes, I just found map with annotations online. West of ZL is marked as "Kite camp for Razorfiends" so that is, where I should go. I went East instead, tried (non-snareable) Larvae, aggro group mobs from building and water...

Maelin likes this.
  9. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

HoHA is a pretty underutilized zone, no one is ever there so you could kite entrance mobs (3%aa in a trio? 4-5%group?) around the gy tree. I prefer bst tanking them, but you really need those defensive AAs in PoP.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    pivoo likes this.
  10. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

And don't forget the crypts/basements (yes, of HOHA). Occasional unsnareables though so be aware.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    pivoo likes this.
  11. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Thank you for sharing, I'm adding it to my to-do, to-visit list. I'm assuming HoHa is Halls of Honor zone, right? It is also outdoor, super!

Yes, I need to get those sweet AA's first, then I will see how much my BST can tank :D

12. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Thank you! This is still in HoHa, right? Or, are you talking about Crypt of Terris Thule? Or Crypt of Decay?

This is all new to me, I've never been in any of these zones, I'm probably asking silly questions, but bear with me he-he

13. necra

necra People Like Me

Yes they are im hoh, there are 3 trials im hoh in 3 dofferent buildings, invis to one of those and gomonside and downstairs, big open rooms with mobs around the edges, can kite all day in there

pivoo likes this.
  14. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Great, thank you