Trophy Trios: the Three-Box Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Apparently some of the level 60+ ToV trash are charmable (not just the DC hatchlings). I hear they're very resisty, but they also hit decently hard and have solid hitpoints. I wonder if this opens up PoP-style charm trios of some of the harder ToV stuff or even Vulak.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  2. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Oh, also, any Dlammaz + Kallis AoW trios yet? ...or maybe WAR/CLR/ENC/Dlammaz would be better...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I also did the three prototypes in the PoI factory a year or so ago. I fiddled with a few trios but found ENC/ENC/CLR easiest. Pretty fun challenge and some nice starter gear for priest alts.

Xanamech also seems like a fun trio target.

4. Majo

Majo Well-Known Member

The NToV drakes broke a TON with sinia/tash when I tried. Maybe more viable with a full set of resist gear, but otherwise not worth it compared to DC hatchling. I used one for 1 group aary and went through chanter mana pool 2x to keep it on.

Smudge and Pithy like this.
  5. Break

Break People Like Me

Pretty sure those Prototypes drop 1 of only 2 items in the entire game that have an aggro reduction focus. Great Enchanter item, unless you are Walex.

Walex and Neealana like this.
  6. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

How about PoEarth trap mobs? I've killed the A Korascian warlord (frog), Tribal Leader Diseranon (ent-ish thingy), Calris Bristlebranch (tree), and The Living Earth (golem) with war/clr/brd as well as war/clr/enc. None of the rest have gear I'm interested in, but they all seem on the same level of difficulty.

Pithy likes this.
  7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

A lot of people have trio'd Earth nameds, I think. Definitely a fun trio target, though tough without a raid-geared tank. I wonder if anyone has trio'd them with a BL or ranger tank.

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

But how many have done them without a cleric??

Pithy likes this.
  9. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Link has trio'd them.

Unsure of how much he tanks on the ranger vs charm pet!

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Only charmed pets in Earth are DCables which tank much worse than any player in Time gear.

11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Killed Brynju after a few wipes and learning attempts. The aggro through walls on that last floor of the lightning tower is pretty brutal.

Had a 7% wipe when my chanter ran out of mana after holding down 3 adds mezzed for half the fight. Then a 0% wipe where I camped out my dead Paladin ran in my rogue got a few backstabs in while my cleric tanked but sadly it wasn’t enough. Finally succeeded with Pal / Cler / Enc.

I do think double enchanter or enchanter/mage/cleric would probably be a lot easier as the bosses damage is very streaky on players.

I may go the Thucydides route and try to complete all 4 Tower bosses with a trio.

As for 1-group stuff a few weeks back Slouch and I did KoS + Saryrn with 1 group. Turns out Sorrowsong is actually pretty challenging with a single group!

Also Slouch, Kalistrate and I did Terris Thule with only 1-group also. We did sub out 2 character mid fight but never had more than 6 logged in fighting her at a time. The sub out wasn’t really necessary had we not killed a cleric!

So I think to this point Grummus, Aerin Dar, Terris, Vallon and KoS/Saryrn have been defeated by a single group. I’m sure a few more are doable….

Walex, Majo, Cadsuane and 2 others like this.
  12. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I really want to see 4 rangers, a cleric and a bard kill Tallon. Ranger mafia vs. the god of rangers!

Break and Neealana like this.
  13. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

People killed Mareeq with a single group?

14. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Maareq is Permarooted. So killing him with a single group isn’t too bad. It just takes a long time.

15. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Maareq should be doable with 3, I think. Nobody has done it yet though AFAIK.

16. Majo

Majo Well-Known Member

Nice Darch! The Brynju area wall aggro is truly terrible. I died a bunch of times trying to get a clean shot at him but never did.

Pithy likes this.
  17. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

For awhile I tried to pull to the zone in room but I found that the room is small enough that I can’t simultaneously tank the boss, keep my casters out of rampage range and not be standing somewhere that hallway respawns will aggro me.

So I ended up pulling to the center of the room. Once you figure out how to single Brynju there it’s a bit more simple but the fight itself is certainly no cake walk with a trio.

18. Break

Break People Like Me

I think that is definitely possible. We did him on AK with 2-3 groups. None of them were geared as well people are here. I think maybe you would want an extra cleric in favor of a ranger, but I'm not really sure. The repops would be your biggest issue if you don't beat those.

Pithy likes this.
  19. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I don't think repops at Tallon would be an issue. If TZ has 450k ish HP and each ranger does 200 ish DPS, four rangers should be able to kill TZ in about ten minutes. That might be tough on one cleric's mana, though. You may be right that two clerics and three rangers would be better. That should take about 13 minutes, which... might? ... be sustainable for two clerics.

20. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Maybe shaman instead of cleric. Ferine Avatar on all 3 rangers, Quiessence to help heal, and Malos/sinia to reduce resists and increase the elemental damage rolls on arrows, plus some shaman DoTs.

21. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Maybe! We should recruit some ranger guinea pigs and kill them try it out!

lurari likes this.
  22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I'm down to stream this insane content
    LFG!

23. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

has anyone else trio'd Tagrin, btw? he's pretty fun and not the usual tank'n'spank, more a CC test

24. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

You've seen Dread. But have you seen his meaner older brother?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Frosst, Slayzz, Mokli and 7 others like this.
  25. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Not that cool, but a fun box to check nonetheless. Did the 4 BoT tower bosses then figured I'd try my hand at this guy and Vindi. Vindi on deck

Attached Files:

DubRemix88, Pithy, Majo and 2 others like this.
  26. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

A lot of people don't realize how hard Velk hits. This is very impressive!

DubRemix88 likes this.
  27. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Tried Velks a few months ago with Paladin/Druid/bard. Definitely found it to be too rough to be sustainable. More of a warrior/cleric fight for sure. Very well done on him!

Other not so exciting targets recently I’ve done all 6 Veeshan’s Peak dragons.

Also a really fun fight I’ve found is Galremos in ToSR. The 4 and 8 add waves as a trio are pretty intense to deal with.

Radda, Slayzz and Aithne like this.
  28. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Vindi down. The Velious slaughter continues lol. Maybe its time to go for some targets of this generation ha

Attached Files:

Radda, Mokli, Frosst and 1 other person like this.
  29. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

NIIICE on the VP dragons!!!

30. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

I remember when NAG couldn't kill vindi...

Slayzz likes this.