Courtesy and Etiquette over Named Spawns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nemce, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Culkasi

Culkasi Member

Just bumping this because it seems lately a few people have forgotten about this already.

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The earth wing has an equivalent number of mobs as the other 3 wings combined. I fail to understand how that wing is a single camp. That is a lot of mobs going unkilled because 1 group has it claimed.

In the other wings sure, you can clear out all of the wing within a respawn cycle with a decent group. However in earth the most typical camp, tables, puts you in the middle of that wing. One group could set up at the entrance and one at Gaukr and both could pull towards tables and never run into the tables group due to respawns beating you from clearing a path. In the event you do run into them you can just pull the other side path and still have plenty of mobs to keep all 3 groups busy.

Towers are similar situation. A single group can clear through Tornado or Earth (but why) and repeat. But no group is clearing the entirety of Water or Lighting tower within respawn.

Oiwon, Elroz and showstring like this.
  3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I was in a group yesterday that was claiming the 'gaukr' camp, because we were set up next to his spawn and clearing to tables with a full group for hours. I don't think the spirit of this thread was that no one should be able to set up next to gaukr and grind exp with a group. I think it was like "hey don't be a jerk and hold timers and leapfrog past people that are active in the area".

4. Radda

Radda People Like Me

where i do believe earth is 3 camps as well, i cant say that never would each side reach tables and im not even talking about enchanter pets, and thats okay with me. if the whole wing is cleared, good.
    a tables group seems to never have an issue with entrance of earth being pulled but they better have a good excuse to exclude anyone from camping exit... If tables is there first and they cant or are not clearing past forge, consider letting them by, but for the spirit of Takp, the exit group should offer up the possible gaukr or tables needs to move there themselves.
    This is in theory, I am perfectly happy in BoT as it is.
    im flexible

and darchon there is a good reason to camp air tower. that's all im saying.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I didn't mean for my statement to be interpreted as the entire Earth wing being one camp. Elroz has the right of it.

6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

My lol was Earth tower as its the only of the 8 areas (4 wings 4 towers) without a named mob, excluding Kuanbyr.

7. Radda

Radda People Like Me

well that statement is being practiced already.
    <3

8. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This is the rule everyone should be following.

Radda likes this.
  9. bophop

bophop New Member

So how about the undead wing in HoH? 12hr(?) respawn, I'm seeing people just afk in the wing until repops and claim the whole place

10. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

AFK there all you want. But if you don't have the force to kill them and someone else does, you should hide in a corner to avoid AEs.

11. bophop

bophop New Member

That is good practical advice. my question though was more like, does being in an empty room prior to respawns give you claim to the whole wing? If two parties are present before respawns, both with force, can the one who was there longer 'claim' the wing?
    Not desirable imo, but it's happening. I'm butthurt

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  12. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

If you expect to show up and force out people who are already at the camp waiting for spawn, you're causing the problem this thread is about. Go kill/camp/AFK somewhere else if you see people are already camping the spot you wanted and try again later. It'll open up eventually. This same stuff happened with Trakanon, Venril Sathir, Phinny and other epic stuff when those were in demand and you just need to wait your turn. Once people find a camp they like they often camp it for a while especially if the drops are rare and the respawn is long.

Radda and Linkamus like this.
  13. bophop

bophop New Member

Ok thats the clarification i was looking for, just need to afk longer

solar likes this.
  14. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Poopsockers should get trained.

15. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

If you have 3 toons afk at Undead in HoH when things start respawning. You should, within a relatively timely manner, either 1) engage if you're trioing it 2) get your friends there to help you and engage it, again keeping in mind timeliness. 3) expect that someone else is checking it and likely going to start showing up with friends if you don't engage it within a timely manner.

16. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Since its still somewhat vague as to what is acceptable or not here's a scenario that happened just last night.

Nobody was in earth wing for a solid 2 hours besides a group pulling to the 4-way, we were in lightning, saw Gaukr pop on track, checeking every 5-10 mins, asked the group at the entrance of earth if they were headed deeper, they said no, we headed over and by the time we got there he was gone. There was even an elemental (one of the two guards) that had magically grown pet weapons since the last time the area was scouted. Nobody called a CC or anything in that time span, looks like a trio or group logged in from the corner, sniped and camped out.

Now I know if that happened in Water/Air/Lightning all hell would have broken loose, but if nobody is clearing the platform or camped at tables is it ok to snipe this one?

17. bophop

bophop New Member

afk camping in hoh is ok, but not gaukr. what's vague?

18. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you do not have the timers on wing bosses in bot, you dont stand a chance. If you are clearing to them after they spawn, you are too late.

You can invis to gaukr. Seriously. You can.

If tables is clearing to gaukr, and you log in and snipe him? You risk action against your account.

I have watched BoT enough lately. If you are part of people swooping in on names, use discretion. If you sniped named from an active camp? You will may not have fun.

If you see gaukr on track. And you call a camp check, and are not standing next to him already? Really? You realize people dont always respond to camp checks when busy killing?

Know the answer before you call a camp check on a mob you can invis to. Unless you are trying to make drama.

Cadsuane, Ripwind and Linkamus like this.
  19. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

If you are checking track every 5-10 min. You cant compete against people who check it non stop.

Radda likes this.
  20. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

Awful lot of people on this server (in this thread) joke about P99 being full of scum bags and poopsockers with no lives face tracking mobs and at the first opportunity to be scum bags we're almost on page 5 about everyone leap frogging, poopsocking and sniping named.

Classy. Can't wait to get our BoT keys.

actualspaide likes this.
  21. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

AFK camping sounds like a way to make it sound derogatory as if cutting in front of others is ok because you want to pretend they aren't already there ahead of you. If someone is truly asleep at the wheel for an extended period and not responsive to tells at a full spawn camp then they probably won't care if you take it, but if in doubt you could try to raise someone else in their guild to clarify what's going on. Pretending that they're AFK because they didn't respond immediately is not ok, especially with things that take 12 hours or days to spawn. Just turn it around and think how you'd feel if you sat at a camp all day long and someone took the mobs you're camping while you went to make a sandwich. As I said before, if someone is obviously camping something already, you should move on instead of trying to get away with griefing them.

actualspaide likes this.
  22. bophop

bophop New Member

I call it afk camping because there are no mobs, and we know there won't be any mobs for hours. The mobs are on a timer, and we know the timer. Having a perpetual rotation of guildies hanging out in an empty room of hoh doesn't seem different to me than a trio sitting in Gaukr's corner afk until 2 min before he pops.

23. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

There are mobs all around Gaukr, its both an xp camp and a named camp.

24. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Y'all need less EQ

RossGuy, Mokli, Ripwind and 1 other person like this.
  25. bophop

bophop New Member

But ya I'm being dramatic and exaggerating bc i dont want to poopsock. not a fun game to play. Thx for clarifying rules, thats why i came to ask

26. necra

necra People Like Me

Go to another camp then? If someone knows the exact timer the only way around it is to sit at the camp in force and wait for the mobs to pop, i know when a group of destiny that i was part of and a tem group were going after the hoh named we just saw who was in force first and wished the other group luck if they got there first and moved on with our day

actualspaide and Smudge like this.
  27. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I've grouped in the zone like 3 times and it's always been respectful. I dunno. Good thing you guys have Tactics access anyway so you don't really have any reason to touch BOT outside of Agnarr keys.

28. Tuen

Tuen People Like Me

Honestly this is funny if you have a timer, I have been checking in on HoH mobs for over an entire week and theres almost always a handful of mobs up in the am range 7-10am EST, most people killing server time the night before. The mobs are 12 hours not 24. I dont even have an exact timer here but theres literally only ever Mezlo in the zone doing the south fork temple when I CC (shout out to mezlo he has a hotkey for it). I've also come here randomly in the afternoons when theres 5 mobs up in the basement and no one in zone. So it doesn't really seem like you're checking on these very often, or you're just waiting on an entire full spawn to be handed to you.

So for example, on Sunday morning I went there to about 2 or 3 spawns we killed those and as we waited more kept popping every 20-25 mins or so, we're not going to leave just because they're all down when theres pops every 20 mins. Then at some point I logged out to go shovel snow for 2 hours and I came back and theres still 3 mobs kicking around with an empty basement and no one in OOC CC check calling for them. The mobs are definitely there but I don't know if you guys also realize 2 of the 3 mobs are trioable at a slow pace, so the spawns are wildly broken up sometimes. I'm not sure why we're policing the spawn like you need to have a force here that was never a requirement, it's also fun to challenge yourself sometimes to see what you can trio or two group. Sure you die, and it adds to the camp time but thats literally why we play this game.

Anyway, here's a tip I use for every zone i'm ever in here on TAKP. I do a ooc CC, if someone answers for something, I leave. This includes if I login camped right in front of popped Diaku Armorer or the Recusos and someone says they have the camp (this should go for Gaukr too). If you really want to check on someone not responded to a CC then go to the spot, if they're there send them a tell and if they're truly afk for 10+ minutes and you've CC'ed and sent tells then you can take it. I've never done the latter, I'll just leave but I've been doing this for 3 years here and I've never had a single issue here.

This whole thread has turned into a weird bitch fest though and I'm not sure if we're allowed to have nice things here anymore. A simple solution for the HoH mobs would be to add a variance to the timer, since it was adjusted anyway. The betters solution would be to just communicate with people. I assure you the majority of the people here are very accommodating. Hell, people will even send you a tell sometimes when they're leaving spawns you asked about hours ago, if you just put the effort in.

29. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

I thought this was a server for retired eq players? Do i gotta take half days at work in case a mob spawns? What are we really doing here lol

Hove! likes this.
  30. Nemce

Nemce Active Member

Retired? This is my first time playing in PoP.