4-13-2022

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Apr 13, 2022.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Haynar

* Added a way for scripts to search cursor queue for an item.
    * Added fixes for powater so checks if in and out of water areas will work correctly.
    * Fixed fishing in powater.
    * Fixed casting spells from land to in the water in powater.
    * Added fixes for ghosting mobs when they return to spawn points.
    Solar
    * remove a duplicate spell message
    * fix group member health bar not showing correct value when new member joins raid group
    Robregen
    * Fix GetSafePoints to check and deal will nullptr being sent as short_name
    Torven
    * The corner detection logic used to disable archery on cornered NPCs now works more reliably.
    * Walled NPCs now must be fired upon from an angle parallel to the wall in order to land shots.
    * In some limited cases, firing arrows at an NPC from above or below floor level will now allow arrows to hit cornered NPCs.
    * Stalwart Endurance AA no longer prevents spell stuns.
    * Feign Death logic has been rewritten. This will result in some subtle edge case changes that may or may not be intended, but otherwise should have identical behavior for typical use. Feel free to report behavior that seems incorrect.

Database:
    Torven

* potimeb: The appropriate Terris Thule adds are now flagged unmezable.
    * potimeb: Single target rampage range on gods is now longer.
    * poair: Deadly Cloudwalkers are no longer immune to melee.
    Robregen
    * Vicus Nonad: correct faction
    * West Karana Paladins Hunting: added missing loots
    * Qeynos Aquaducts: increase chances for loot to drop from Cuburt.

Script:
    Robregen

* correct the item turn in for Gindlin Toxfodder quest.
    * adjust phase for donation quest to use combination of keywords.
    * added a missing faction reward for Feskr Drinkmaster
    * moved greater immobolized to level 61-62 category for PoP Necromancer Spell turn in.
    * Karana's Blessing: Fixed the turn in for Minda. Added missing dialogs for Minda and rewards from Gehna.
    * Fixed the questsay for Tabure Ahendle
    * The Clothspinner Sister (Evil): quest added.
    * Merona's Brother: Added a few more rewards.
    * added longer respawntimer if Killed for Paladins running one way in West Karana.
    Torven
    * poeartha: Arbitor planar projection now gives out 54 keys.
    Haynar
    * Added a method for Client::HasItem to search the cursor queue

Mechaike, Lyrina and Elroz like this.
  2. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

* potimeb: Single target rampage range on gods is now longer.

Do you mean, 'no longer?'

3. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I think that note means that Time gods now have longer arms. They'll whomp the RT from further away.

Slayzz and Mokli like this.
  4. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

It matches their Extended Range IIVXX focuses.

solar likes this.
  5. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

* Feign Death logic has been rewritten. This will result in some subtle edge case changes that may or may not be intended, but otherwise should have identical behavior for typical use. Feel free to report behavior that seems incorrect.

Does this mean that melee prevents deaggroing on feign?

6. GreldorEQ

GreldorEQ Active Member

Is anyone else having trouble channeling spells? W/ channeling focus AA max, max level, etc....

7. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

Why touch FD btw?

8. Dairmuid

Dairmuid Active Member

FD now fails while moving. posted a bug report.

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Big Bad revealed faulty mechanic.

10. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Since insults are being hurled at me to my face because of this, I'll explain in detail why the feign logic was rewritten.

Our previous feign logic was removing the player from hate lists on feign, then adding them to not just one but TWO lists so the NPC could reaggro when the player stood up and for faction hits. There was a trick/exploit that all guilds did in PoTime regardling the Vallon Zek encounter in that if you stood up quickly after getting stunned/feigned, the hate was not blurred. In order to fix this, a THIRD additional list would be required (or at least a more complex FD list) which would need to have the previous hate values for all the NPCs that hated the player, and just for this extreme edge case.

Another kludge we had to allow feigned players to get experience was to add them to the hate list when mobs died, calculate the damage credit, then remove them again. It was kludge after kludge.

Sony does not handle feign that way. When you feigned in real EQ, you stayed on the hate list and mobs merely ignored you. Blurs happen when standing up. We were not even handling every edge case, as damage credit was being wiped every time on feign here, which was making powerleveling too easy.

So I rewrote it all to keep feigners on the hate list like Sony does it. While I was at it, I put in checks to break feign when casting spells or moving. These break messages are in logs and Sony had them. Unfortunately this commit was rushed somewhat, so the amount of testing on it was not as much as should have been done for a commit of this magnitude. (nor do we have an active testing server anymore) I rushed it because Temerity is being blocked in Plane of Time and I don't like guilds not being able to progress because of design errors.

Feign failing when moving was rare in logs, and I cannot know the exact circumstances that triggered it. I made it too strict and this will be rectified.

Pithy, Linkamus, Mokli and 6 others like this.
  11. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Is that actually a "trick/exploit" or "correct mechanic" though? on AK & PC-Live, I thought all FDs were supposed to be a 100% fail if AutoAttack was on, and therefor it just made you lie down? (I always played necros and monks in Release through PoP)
    Just wanting to understand the mechanic correctly.

12. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

I think it's cool that you all work on this stuff and we get to play it for free. Thanks for spending your time on it and letting us have fun. It's greatly appreciated. If it's any help, I would like to input that I have never seen a successful FD with autoattack on, only fails. For now, I am working around the FD fail when moving issue by pretending I'm casting a spell (turn left or right before FD).

tristantio likes this.
  13. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

Tanks in my guild on TLP for VZ used MQ2react to stand immediately after VZ makes you FD because if you stand immediately you don't lose any threat. I don't think having attack on has anything to do with spells that feign you succeeding or not but standing quickly to not lose threat is how it currently works on live.

I can't tell if Torven is saying that's how it should work here or if it's an exploit that needs to be removed from here but that's how it does work circa 6 months ago.

14. Break

Break People Like Me

I'm curious what about this is incorrect. I specifically remember being PL'd by a monk on AK (Strong is the one who got me to try it out in the first place after he was already fairly high level). I'm 90% sure he was feigning off the mobs at low health, so I would get credit for the kills. It's possible he was zoning, but I don't think that was the case.

Is it possible that this was changed after the AK timeline?

15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

If detrimental FD effects forced upon you were always going to fail, I have to wonder what the point of FD spells having a success rate is.

It did not work that way here prior to his change, and his intent was to make that work here.

Hove! likes this.
  16. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Torven is saying that he's making it more Live-like, i.e. it should now be possible to mash stand and avoid the blur on VZ's FD stun, which should make the encounter a little more forgiving. (On the other hand, we've apparently been benefitting from a bug with Stalwart Endurance on the encounter, so we'll see how it goes tonight!)

Thanks as always to all the devs for all their hard work.

Linkamus and Break like this.
  17. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

From what I remember of this happening, one was shadow steps while you were feigned - bard song shadow step, maybe some of the npc casted shadow steps (COH didn't break feign though iirc). I believe I used to run and jump and feign mid air and it wouldn't break feign. It was like beneficial spells that moved your character caused that "you have moved and are no longer feigned" message. I'm not 100% sure if it always worked like that, it has gotten to the point where I've forgotten so many details on mechanics that I'm never 100% on anything anymore.

Break likes this.
  18. Elroz

I think for a while, slippery floors also caused feign breaks if you were sliding when you FD'd. I dunno if they did that on AK though.

19. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

I PL'd all of my alts this way on AK.

Break likes this.
  20. Elroz

for FD PL'ing, I think you just had to FD before the mob entered flee mode. Once it was fleeing, FD didn't set your damage to 0 and you'd still get credit (and faction hit iirc). I don't remember the exact mechanics though, like if the mob conned indifferent or threatening once you FD'd after it started fleeing. I'm guessing indifferent, otherwise it'd come back and break your FD once it healed up. You could root them though, after they started fleeing, then FD, and it'd work normal.

Break likes this.
  21. Dairmuid

Dairmuid Active Member

slippery floors do not break feign on TAKP. I know this because i use the slippery bridge in Kael outside Tormax room to get a head start when Yetarr is Sow'd

Radda and Manstache like this.
  22. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

This just makes me sad.

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The primary change to powerleveling is that now you have to stay down for the NPC to ignore credit. If you stand up and the 35% wipe roll fails, it will remember your damage. Mobs fleeing still might cause the credit to be accounted for but we had that in before although it worked differently.

Auto attack does not break FD on Live, but the standing trick still works there, even with attack off. I can't know how auto attack should prevent FD exactly but I strongly suspect that it didn't 100% reliably prevent FD every time. I see Wind Strikes in logs wiping hate on tanks sometimes but that's cast by NPCs on players.

I doubt the standing trick was intended because it defeats the purpose of having feign in the spell and it's just super awkward to do and it screws over tanks with high latency. Regardless, since basically everybody did it and it still works 20 years on and the encounter is so difficult without it, I think it's fairly clear-cut that even if not intended by the Sony developers that it should be replicated. It's also possible they made Vallon hard because they factored this into the calculus, we can't know.

24. Elroz

I always thought the autoattack breaking FD was because of latency and fast weapons on the monk, I'm not sure if SK/necro casted FD's ever broke because of autoattack.

25. Elroz

Specifically, I remember being on dialup with terrible lag for my first 6 years of EQ. If I hit a lag spike on raids and tried to FD, the client would show me FD'ing immediately, while the server still had like 5-10 seconds of autoattacking to crank out before it thought I fd'd. The client would break the FD because I was swinging and give the "you moved and are no longer feigned" message. It gave the janky animation that you'll see if you duck before the 'stand up' animation finishes (you stand still, like a statue). That may have also been the rare thing you saw in logs but couldn't explain why it happened, just lag/latency breaking the FD with a rubber band or delayed attack.

26. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Oh, you know very well that you can't apply logic to EQ mechanics :p

lurari and Lenas like this.
  27. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

seems pretty classic? devs got abused every patch on eqlive

28. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Latest archery nerf is just amazing. If a mob touches a wall, you can only arrow a mob if you are ZERO degrees parallell to it. Even a small attempt at not being totally parallel to the wall results in arrows not hitting.
    Is this actually what was intended?

RossGuy and Toomuch like this.
  29. Elroz

related to the FD change, I noticed mobs conned threatening while I was FD. I don't know if it had any impact on anything, just a visual bug from what I could tell. They should be indifferent while FD.

30. Elroz

sorry forgot I can't edit : the mobs that conned threatening were ones I was DPSing, and FD'ing to drop down the hate list. I didn't check on stuff that didn't have damage into it.