4-13-2022

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Requiring rangers to melee for a handful of encounters is not 'nerfing into oblivion'. I don't dislike rangers and I've said repeatedly that if I played the game, I'd make a ranger.

I just used the 'we should keep the game fun' argument for something I was shot down for in favor of 'akuracy' just a few days ago.

Monks do ranger melee level DPS and have the worst defenses in the game with FD as their only utility. I think we should raise the monk softcap to 'keep the game fun' but that was shot down for akuracy as well. Funny how this works.

The difference between archery and monk AC is that archery being too good has a negative impact on the other DPS classes and potentially trivializes some encounters while monk AC does not.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2022
    snorks, Synthetix, Linkamus and 7 others like this.
  2. Inacht

Inacht People Like Me

I definitely feel this way as a Beastlord - its a huge chore to keep even a tricked out pet alive on AE ramp mobs. If I'm engaged in melee with the mob myself, I have to move out, pull my pet out, and heal it assuming it survives that long, then I need to get some healing myself before I move back in. Often I just stay out and heal the pet + cast frost nukes on the ae ramp mobs. Pretty clunky for sure. Mend companion helps but once the CD is gone, your stuck channeling the (admittedly strong) pet heal.

3. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

Rogues and monks are already shafted cus AEs play them like fiddles.

4. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Monk AC thing was funny, but now that we're actually in PoP we get to experience first hand how painfully out of balance it is. It's an error that was corrected.

It should be re-evaluated in my opinion. There's an obvious middle ground here which would be 'out of balance' as opposed to 'painfully out of balance'. Or you know, just fix it like it was on fixed live.

Also kudos to whoever shot Torven down, but I would ask that you please reconsider and actually take some time to further look into how this effects monks in pop. On TAKP, Monks are basically int casters in PoP. Not trying to ruffle feathers! I'm going to play here either way, but like please fix it and stuff if it's not too much trouble.

Synthetix likes this.
  5. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Never thought I'd actually say this, but, out of curiosity, is there code already existing, which would make it easy to change AC soft caps for a class, by zone(expansion)? Might be a viable middle ground between glass cannons and overpowered DPS tanks.

6. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

I miss monks having better damage mitigation than wars... nostalgia.

Oiwon likes this.
  7. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see the aoe rampage range get fixed. In vanilla potime with Darkwind (world firsts, early potime), all our melees were juuuust outside aoe range and able to do melee damage. On live I can confirm this 500%.

Lenas likes this.
  8. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Is this supposed to include LMM being tanked on top of a pedestal? I heard reports from BG that on their last LMM they were able to shoot him. However last night, NAG rangers were not despite moving all around, standing parallel to walls, etc.

9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

10. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Is there a trick to it? Stand far away? Stand close? I don't have a ranger of my own but maybe one of them can chime in here about what they tried.

11. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

ask BG

12. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Hey @BG any tips for shooting LMM while he's being tanked on one of his pedestals? I'm inclined to think it's not working correctly but Torven implies there's a trick to it.

Break likes this.
  13. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

He’s pretty lordly but you don’t have to put him up on a pedestal. It’s a recipe for disappointment when you realize he’s only mortal.

Oiwon likes this.