Patch notes: newbie mobs should no longer assist each other

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mokli, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Is it certain that this was the case on AK?

While most newbie mobs didn't assist each other, I distinctly remember certain ones that did. Such as the firebeetles and klicniks in North Qeynos. You always had to time it right when they pathed.

2. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Nektulos was a mess of assisting mobs in newbie area on eqlive. Dunno about AK. I know some newbie areas were very easy.

3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

this doesn't affect beetles. beetles will assist each others. this is in terms of decaying skeletons, bats, and snakes in the qeynos and other newbie yard area.

Mokli likes this.
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Bats and snakes in the newbie yard definitely shouldn't be assisting one another, though higher level versions further out in the zone often do.

Other mobs are probably a bit trickier to pin down. Certainly beetles do assist, as do spiderlings in some (but not all?) newbie yards. I thought even the non-kos variety of decaying skeletons did assist, but I could be wrong, or it could depend on the zone. I think wasps in Gfay assist one another, and of course wolves and orc pawns assist.

5. PompeiiEQ

PompeiiEQ Active Member

Spiders in Misty assist each other. They did on live and on AK.

6. robregen

they should on takp as well. it's not part of the newbie patch.

7. robregen

I think what happen is someone submit a bug report that mobs are not assisting in everfrost. So I changed it to assist. but I didn't realized that would effect the other zone. now I changed it back to what it was forgetting about everfrost. I have to change faction in everfrost for the spiders as well as the wolves. Should be straighten out next server update.

8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Thanks Rob. :)