Jan2018 Anniversary Event Rewards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by showstring, Nov 21, 2017.

1. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Just wanted to throw some ideas around possible anniversary event rewards for Jan 2018.

For those unfamiliar, here are the past two anniversary events, which have been absolutely fantastic imo.

Year1: https://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/servitor-of-gala.4717/
    Year2: https://www.takproject.net/forums/i...kdown-of-takp-2-year-anniversary-events.7849/

I'm not creative enough to come up with the event itself, but would just like to talk about some possible rewards.

In the past we've had some very valuable items (cloak of flames, amulet of necropotance) and items that no longer drop, like rubicite armor and guise of deceiver. All great rewards!

Would the devs be open to some custom loot along the lines of:

1. Some kind of potion or method to change character's race, either permanently or temporarily
    2. Some kind of potion or method to change character's religion, either permanently or temporarily
    3. Some kind of potion or method to reset all character factions
    4. Armor dyes? Is this even possible?

And while not custom loot per se:
    5. Some cool items that no longer drop like Red/White Dragon tooth, Scimitar of Mistwalker, Staff of Forbidden Rites, Fungus Covered Staff, pre-nerf CoS, Ring of the Dead, Manastone, Locket of Escape, Holgresh Beads, Rod of Annihilation, Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher, etc... I realise vox rez stick would probably be insanely OP, but maybe they could make the recharge cost absurdly high like on EQLive (250k or something like that?).

Anything else people might like?

Would love some feedback as to whether devs would entertain such an idea, or if it's even technically possible.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Wasn't the (rez) goo expendable? That would be a nice one.

3. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Two weeks of monks having un-nerfed AC. Thats my proposed event. Long live monks!!!!

YodaAK, Verdent, Wellmine and 4 others like this.
  4. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

1,2,3,4 are all impossible on our client. A temporary race illusion potion is the only workable one.

5. Please no. All of those items were removed for a reason. They shouldn't be added back in. Rubicite is fine because it has no actual power value. Instant CoS and Rez Stick and everyone gets 15 regen stick and BFG are all extremely OP items.

I think past year rewards are just fine. But really... I'd favor Luclin being 0.01% further along than a anniversary event. However whatever the devs decide to do with their time is up to them, so more power to whatever they decide!

Elrontaur likes this.
  6. necra

necra People Like Me

i like the idea of slightly different rewards for each year, so rubicite is gone forever unless you were there

7. Dane

Dane People Like Me

Copy/paste from last year. Luclin development is a million times mo betta than some new gimmicky rewards.

8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I want a Prenerf CoS.

But entirely self serving.

Verdent and Quirk like this.
  9. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

maybe some of the rewards could be some minor items that will be coming out along with Luclin? nothing OP, just a little teaser.

10. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Some kind of temporary race change potion would be excellent to allow people to complete the wood elf illusion quest as an evil race earlier than PoP

gardnerjens, Quirk and Mokli like this.
  11. Tyrion

Tyrion Well-Known Member

Stones of gnoming are not OP and game breaking I’d like one again!

12. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Verdent, Videri-Tala and actualspaide like this.
  13. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

Guises for all bards will be my 2020 platform

lurari likes this.
  14. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

I would love a gimmick ts item like a shissar shaped cookie cutter (if it exists in our item db, it was lewt linkable on AK). Otherwise, coin of gala again!

Videri-Tala likes this.
  15. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

I like Mechaike's idea! I definitely liked getting 4 tink bags and a guise last year. But Everquest doesn't always have to be about gaining power and prestige. Curios like a shissar-shaped cookie cutter would be cause for the community to enjoy Norrath without making the already-powerful even more powerful. More ideas: a different/unique fine plate dye color (pink and orange aren't available); some foreign fruit that you can eat or bake into a pie or make juice out of (strawberries, mango, pomegranate); a set of patterns that allow you to tailor low-level armor using skunk skins or other goofy materials.

A repeat of last year's event would be cool. It was great. Perhaps a few more camps accessible to lower-levels, like 20-40. Probably with a lower drop rate so someone doesn't dominate it on their level 60 trio.

16. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Like when 50 cloak of flames flooded the market and its price dropped to 0

17. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

WTB locket of escape

JackR likes this.
  18. Shawn

Shawn People Like Me

Back on live had a Mana stone.... Those were the days!

Lyrina and gardnerjens like this.
  19. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

there will be a 3rd anniversary coming up along with the previous anniversary set to open on patch day.

20. pharmakos

pharmakos People Like Me

woot, thanks rob

21. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

will the weapon collection quest have different weapons than last year?

Videri-Tala likes this.
  22. Foxhorde

Foxhorde People Like Me

Do we have an exact date for this?

23. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

He said patch day. Does that mean the coming Wednesday?

24. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

The funny thing is though, none of these seem to really matter here. Fungal Regrowth is very meh in the age of the 10th ring and everyone having a boxed cleric. Invis potions/Rings already give you instant invisibility. All the Circlet does is save you bag space and make you a bit more casual about its use. We have stalking probes and NPCs don't attack them anyway, so the Holgresh Beads aren't exactly game breaking. I guess the vox rez stick would be the best item? But it's hard to see an occasional 90% rez being that amazing.

25. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

The rez stick changed how mages get planted deep in a raid zone big time. There's a reason they changed the merchant value of it (for recharging purposes) to something ridiculous, not just remove it from dropping ingame. For an FTE server, its massive. For here, eh.

26. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Could someone explain this? I get that there will be an anniversary event, but will last year's and this year's both be available? That sort of how it sounds.

27. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Anniversary 1, 2, and 3 will be activated on patch day.

Videri-Tala likes this.
  28. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Bag space matters. Not being limited by the number of times you can invis or summon an eyeball is extremely useful.

The Fungi staff was arguably the most useful to Enchanters and Necromancers. Classes that don't frequently get Ring 10s. Even though the war is easy and respawns fast on this server, there really aren't that many rings on the server.

The Rez stick is so extremely stupidly OP in the hands of a Shroud of Stealth Rogue. You can skip hours upon hours of trash clears by just running past everything dragging a mage or Cleric corpse. Specifically relevant in some of the more dungeon crawly PoP zones like ToSR, PoAir, PoTorment (Saryrn tower), PoEB (depends on what version we have though). Plus the more awful Luclin crawls like the Deep, and Vex Thal.

Especially if you are trying to do these things with low numbers, clearing just isn't a viable use of your time. But having a SOS Rogue run through everything and click a stick makes it possible.

Then there's things like Manastone and BFGs which obviously shouldn't be on the server.

jcmtg likes this.
  29. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

bulwark prime healer bp
    and Oakwynd please

30. lurari

lurari People Like Me

I would do a lot for an Iksar Egg.