Servitor of gala

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lariat, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Lariat

Lariat Active Member

Gala the Curious has asked her Servitor to spend some time in the Plane of Knowledge over the next few days to aid in the celebration of the 1 year Anniversary of TAKP.

Please feel free to stop by and talk to the Servitor of Gala.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
    Bum and Elroz like this.
  2. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

Someone got a potion of greater Rejuvination, he linked it. Anything else?

3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

4. DarkAkuma

DarkAkuma Member

Yea. I'm the one who got the bag. I've turned in 7 coins between my chars, and the other 6 results were just single dose potions. Levi, IVU, rejuv, etc. Of my 7 turn ins I got a couple repeats. I doubt anything worth while besides the bag is rewarded. Switched to doing the turn ins on my monk once I got the bag on my wiz, but honestly I think I could farm up 5k for a tinker bag in the same time, so I probably won't be trying anymore.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Oiwon likes this.
  5. Mascha

Mascha People Like Me

It is a nice idea, aside from the bag the rewards seem underwhelming, but thats ok. However, new players and low level players are left out, which is not so good. I would suggest to do this differently in the future. Perhaps make it a low percentage drop from all mobs, with trivial loot rules?

6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

yeah I think for next year, we would do it differently to make them inclusively for all. perhaps a custom made items for both low level and high level rather than potions and bags.

Lenas likes this.
  7. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

8. Lariat

Lariat Active Member

I'm in agreement with Rob. This was our first go around with this kind of event. We are learning as we go.

Elroz and Lenas like this.
  9. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

I will gladly exchange my rej potion for a title. ;)

Oiwon likes this.
  10. Elroz

I was very lucky and got bag on first hand in! I wouldn't have been out looking for the coins if you hadn't linked it in ooc previously.

Still though, really cool idea for the event. Thanks for putting something together for us.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    Khorpus and gardnerjens like this.
  11. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

Does anyone have any idea what mobs are dropping the coins?

12. Elroz

Verdent likes this.
  13. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Listed mobs on Allaclone

14. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Not 100% drop rate

15. Xanthyn

Xanthyn Member

I actually don't think this is a bad event. Nothing crazy game breaking, but fun little trinkets that won't make those unable to participate feel like they are missing out too hardcore.

Verdent likes this.
  16. Lariat

Lariat Active Member

Thanks Xanthyn!

17. Stamm

Stamm Member

It looked like a fun enough event. I would have liked to be at a level where I could participate. The listed mobs helped me realize I was wasting my time killing trash in old world zones. The Servitor himself wasn't as explicit so for awhile I was just thinking I was really unlucky.

Mokli likes this.
  18. Stamm

Stamm Member

This event also got me nostalgic about GM events on AK. I took part in quite a few of these and the GM/guides went into interesting detail on storyline and I got some class specific rewards. I remember one where we had to chase a siren through SG and eventually fight a mechanical dragon in WW.

I got a fungus beast glad once (region when equipped, modifier to bind wound, but -50AC). With that I was motivated to work up my bind wound to max. I'd equip it in between mobs while soloing as a warrior in my 40's and bind up just until 44%, so I could take advantage of my berserk.

I also think I was awarded an summon food item for one event. It basically summoned a stack of burned bread for each 30 sec cast of the clickable. I thought it was called 'shovel of winter' but I can't seem to find that listed anywhere?

Maybe I got the name wrong. Has anyone ever heard of this summon food item? The graphic was a shovel as well.

19. surron

surron People Like Me

20. Stamm

Stamm Member

I'm familiar with that harvest shovel from TOV and the one I had was very similar but it was like a nerved version of that, with a 30 sec cast. It was a great prize. I wish I had the code for it or could access the name. I'm pretty sure it was shovel of winter or something with the word "winter" in it.

21. Stamm

Stamm Member

Well, I checked my Magelo and now I recall I couldn't find it in their database to add to my character either. It must be one rare item.

Also, the bind wound thing was a heart of fungus.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1280962