Dev's decisions regarding chardok 2.0, ct, innoruuk, and dracolich

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ghakim, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

I was wondering what the Dev's decision were regarding some of the loot from Chardok 2.0, CT, Innoruuk, and Dracolich.

All of these were implemented during the Velious era on live and so the loot is "out of era" with the rest of Kunark. However the difficulty in killing CT, Innoruuk, and Dracolich especially might justify that loot quality.

It would be fun to have CT drop items as that would give a great end game target for the guilds on this server.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    Tesadar likes this.
  2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

There was some discussion about Chardok. We haven't decided yet.

3. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

interesting. i always assumed we had original chardok because there was no "chardok b"

4. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I'm disabling the better-than-VP chardok weapons.

The other stuff needs to be discussed and thought about more. CT is tough to box so it could be quite difficult which would make it easier for me to want to leave in. Right now I'm more concerned with stuff that will affect players on day 1 of launch like spell tables.

Oiwon and Kagatob like this.
  5. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

this sounds good, the weapons are what I was looking at and some of them are pretty crazy, like the sarnak lightning caller and maybe jeldorin

6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Chardok b (and any associated changes to Chardok itself) were post-Al'Kabor, but the "original" Chardok that went live with Kunark was revamped during Velious. Kunark-era Chardok was very sparsely itemized, sort of like SG in Velious.

Saskoris likes this.
  7. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Chardok is going to be pretty challenging.. That zone is gonna rough a lot of people up.

I say leave it the way it is, but that's just my 2 cents :)

If things are going to be taken out I would love to see a list just so we know.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  8. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

Just to be clear. When I said CT I meant the raid boss Cazic Thule. Wasn't even thinking about the zone...but yes interested in what is happening with that as well.

Thanks for the replies!

9. Legendary

Legendary Member

Looking at the weapons and armor that gets added with the AK Chardok, I think it should all be removed if you do weapons Torven. The weapons are great and the armor is pretty great too. Might as well disable everything post-kunark from there since it's one group able.

10. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

Oh geeze, one look at that weapon list. Who needs epics at that point?
    Good call. The armor/effects are fairly OP as well, will obsolete many sets from other zones which could mess with the progression feel a lot, safer to remove them IMO.

11. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Chardok revamped is challenging content. High risk high reward. I'm all for leaving as much stuff in as possible. Or I suppose just taking out drops that are way overpowered. It just seems like, if you can do the content then u should be able to benefit the reward of the drop. It's not going to be easy.

12. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

The weapons should definitely be removed. There would be no point to doing a few classes epics if these weapons were in. Some of the revamped armor would be best in slot for the era but maybe not hugely unbalanced.

If the zone Cazic Thule is itemized and put in that would be incredibly unbalanced.

Still would really like to have the raid mob in PoF Cazic Thule left itemized.

Elroz likes this.
  13. Elroz

This pretty much sums up how I feel too. Only a couple pieces of armor would be best in slot (spirit wracked cords / regal band of bathezid) from chardok as far as I can tell. Those are both quest items which I believe was added when the zone was revamped. Those quests take enough faction/grinding that I don't see them being overpowered by any means, plus it's just another quest for people to sink time into. I wouldn't be against having the dropped Spirit Wracked Cords from Loremaster disabled, just to make people do the quest/faction grind if they want the item. I don't know if any of those weapons are actually better than epics but they definitely could pass as an alternative to doing epics, which would be a bummer.

Ghakim likes this.
  14. Seknah

Seknah Member

There were a lot of quests in Kunark, however I only did Epic, Spirit Wracked Cord, and the key quests. I swear I did the cords prior to Velious but I remember the only loot in Chardok being the drops from the Royals and what's his name, the one that betrayed the Royals. There may have been minor loot but nothing that would be an upgrade, but I only remember those four mobs having loot before the Velious revamp. The same could be said for City of Mist though too, there was a Velious Revamp, and then another revamp around PoP/GoD. Charasis also had a revamp, but I think it was Luclin or very late Velious, but I am sure it was there for PoP/GoD

15. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

I think the revamp to Chardok actually made it useful. Prior to it, I just remember it as an epic farming zone, or for AE groups.

The spirit wracked cords might be one of the most memorable quests from the era, simply because of the faction grind and the need to kill Trakanon. I'd say definitely keep those in.

16. Ghakim

Ghakim Well-Known Member

My understanding from Alla and other sources is that juggernauts also drop the undead dragon sinew. Still a very cool quest with a reward that is fitting and not too unbalancing with the rest of the era.

Would love to have that quest in.

17. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

I would suggest leaving revamped chardok, will be a pain to go back and put the tons of mobs in. Nothing is more OP than a Tstaff, so whatever weapons in there will not even parse close to a Tstaff with monk damage tables as it sits now. We have revamped Herald Telcha that allows for 4 turnins at a time, if you would like them let me know.

Elrontaur and Oiwon like this.
  18. robregen

We are leaving the revamp version in. It's just which items to disabled that are being discussed.

19. Zeklen

Zeklen Member

20. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Zek, it's not a fair comparison to make because EQ Mac launched with Planes of Power already active. There was no classic EQ Mac. TAKP is a special case and the devs need to strike a balance when deciding what would be game-breaking or not based on the content that they have been able to release.

Elrontaur and robregen like this.
  21. Zeklen

Zeklen Member

Not sure how it's not fair, they are working toward the goal of getting to PoP. Kunark is only the second expansion and we're discussing leaving things out. If these items are so "game breaking" why weren't they nerfed 14 years ago?

22. robregen

Some of these items didn't come out until Velious or Luclin like such zone like Chardok and even Cazic Thule has items that can be OP than the items that were originally came with Kunark. We are not removing these items from the games. We are disabling until the appropiate expansion are out.

23. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Because the items weren't game breaking in the era they were actually released in on live. Kunark didnt launch with a jeldorin for instance, it only came later. There does have to be a balance. As much as I want a jeldorin, it pretty much makes the pally epic useless.

24. Zeklen

Zeklen Member

DOH! I humbly apologize! I completely understand and agree.

25. Kagatob

Kagatob People Like Me

These items weren't nerfed 14 years ago because they didn't exist until 13 years ago. If you would pay close attention to what's being said in the thread, the zone Chardok, was revamped during velious and had more drops added. The Devs are considering withholding those drops from being on the loot tables until Velious releases on this server.

26. Zeklen

Zeklen Member

Fair enough, my bad that I didn't catch every last detail. My understanding of this project was that we were on our way to PoP but had a lot of work to be done until then. I didn't expect that we were going to treat this like a progression server.

27. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Its not really being treated like a progression server, its just for the balance of current expansions, a few things need to be removed. Tons of stuff is being left in, which keeps stuff interesting, focus effects for instance.

28. Zeklen

Zeklen Member

Like a progression server.

29. Elroz

yeah I don't think anyone would argue that there's progression server elements here, expansions are being released in order. There's just some parts that don't follow the progression server mold. I think pretty much everyone is here for the end-game though, PoP was the bomb!

30. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Progression servers are based on the players. What we have access to here is based on the work of the devs; and is released as quickly as possible. If the dev team were 100x larger we'd probably already have PoP released regardless of whether or not guilds were ready for it. The only reason this is even a discussion is because the devs want what they have released to remain fun/challenging while they work on the next steps. Having overpowered players quickly leads to people losing motivation to play, and relevant to the devs, losing motivation to test.