Trophy Trios: the Three-Box Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Break

Break People Like Me

I know this isn't much for most people in this thread, but I was proud of my bard for pretending to be a real tank.

Attached Files:

Slayzz, Pithy, pivoo and 6 others like this.
  2. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

Puny for this thread, but I trio'd a BoT key. :)

3. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

Made me realize I didn't have any proof i'd trio'd him, so I knocked it out.

pivoo likes this.
  4. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Vallon Zek? More like loser Zek! Am i right?
    [​IMG]

DubRemix88, Trollio55, Break and 4 others like this.
  5. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

lol, that made me wonder what other mobs are similar in hp, ac, and damage output. Check this out.

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]

6. Sycamore

Sycamore Member

AK og’s remember when Zam**l three boxed Vallon in luclin gear? I think that video broke eqmac forums for a while.

7. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

I remember him making a video showing how-to, but not completing it.

8. Break

Break People Like Me

He showed enough. He used pet pulling and targeted the real Vallon Zek with /target Vallon_Zek_00. I don't believe either of those work here.

9. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]
    Lol, nope. You can't guarantee `/target Vallon_Zek_00` works.

Cadsuane, Mechaike and Break like this.
  10. Sycamore

Sycamore Member

Good player this frien. Legitimately his reaction speed on a few charm breaks whilst narrating the video was gold to watch. And yeah I do remember the joys of single pulling KT with lvl 49 or so mage pet

11. Trollio55

Trollio55 Member

I feel like it's time to start building a new tier list since PoP's been out for a while? Although maybe there's not a lot to it really.. since it's mostly by zone tier and common sense from where the mobs are.
    I'll throw some out here as a start. Also not sure how the original ones would be arranged with lvl 65s with AAs and time gear too so if someone more experienced with these challenges wants to merge/adapt that list with this or change this around, go for it! I don't know much about how NToV/ST would fit in, same with some of the luclin ones (and what's been done since PoP dropped!)

Trio Content

Warm-up
    Rallius Rattican
    BoT Wing bosses
    Any rare in the BoT Towers
    Justice trial
    Plane of Air / Plane of Earth A trash (beyond suits of armor, mostly due to getting there/pulling)
    Diaku Armorer, Diaku Supplier

Tier 1
    Plane of Fire F1/C1 rares
    Plane of Water D1 rares
    Untel'Dak

Tier 2
    Junkbeast
    Plane of Fire F2/C2 rares (challenge mostly due to pulling, Doomfire Warlord in particular tougher since it's unslowable)
    Plane of Water D2/3 rares
    Plane of Earth A trap mobs (pulling is the biggest challenge but they're not pushovers either!)

Tier 3
    Mujaki / PoN Gargoyle city event clear
    Storms medallion giants
    Vhaksiz
    Diaku Overseer
    Arch Mage Alchtonion
    BoT Tower Boss: Eindride Icestorm
    Plane of Innovation Prototype events
    Full clear of Hedge?

Tier 4
    Overlord Paffa
    BoT Tower Bosses: Kuanbyr / Auliffe / Brynju
    Vallon Zek
    Baraguj's Stomach Event (Saryrn Key)
    Plane of Water Fish Caller Event

Tier 5
    Storm Lords in Plane of Storms?
    ToSR minis?

Others not sure where to slot in:
    Xanamech (factory key)?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Personally I'd argue Junk beast is a Tier 2/3 mob. He is difficult due to high MR making slow somewhat difficult to land, and his AE Blind messes up pets/melee, his DoT is tough to resist and he has huge regen.

BoT Tower bosses probably deserve to be in Tier 4 along with VZ, and stuff above that would be Tier 5.

Gargoyle city event (Mujaki) is easy to sort of cheese past the mechanics and just split the boss out of the adds, the boss on his own is probably Tier 3 worthy. Clearing the entire event alone plus the boss may not be achievable with the DPS available I am not sure. Hedge event somewhat similar, if you cheese blur/pacify the spawns its pretty easy to just walk to the final boss, clearing the whole thing is also doable and falls somewhere more difficult than most of Tier 3 and probably easier than Tier 4.

Xanamech I keep meaning to try out but haven't done. Has anyone trioed or one grouped this yet? P1 I would be surprised if Earth wasn't 1 groupable. I would imagine stuff like Undead/Air are probably not due to the number of mobs you have to content with simultaneously. Water maybe is doable, Fire maybe as well. Admittedly we don't do P1 outside of our raid night since most of the gear rots anyways. Not sure how many people are tackling these with outside of their official raids now a days.

I'd throw Rallius in PoDisease into Tier 1, he doesn't summon but you either have to crawl to him or pull him out which is an okay challenge.

Prototypes in PoI I'd throw into Tier 3, they require a more esoteric strategy than your typical tank/charmed pet, slow, CH. You have to work around their banish mechanic and aggro on them is very odd.

Overlord Paffa in CoD I'd throw into Tier 4. The DPS check and healing check to keep up with the waves of 5 level 60s every minute or two is pretty steep, it requires a minimum of 1 charmed pet to manage. Then managing continual adds/respawns while doing boss.

I think the Storms Lords that spawn when clearing all of the local giants probably are Tier 5 worthy if they are trioable at all. I think there may be too many moving pieces and too much damage output to do as a trio but who knows. The storm bee event and frog event also have a number of moving parts but aren't as damage intensive, I did manage to do the frog one on AK with a trio back in the day and that was very close. I'd guess Tier 4 worthy on those two.

Stomach event in Torment I'd say is Tier 1 to reach the end and about Tier 3-4 to kill the final boss Baaruq.

Fish Caller event in PoWater to its completion is probably Tier 4 worthy as well, I know one or two people who have done it in a trio and some have grouped it here.

For group tier, yea I believe Rimidal/Walex did Grummus and Aerin'Dar. A few of us in Temerity did KoS, Saryrn and TT with a single group. I fully expect Xanamech, HoH Trials, and Tallon are groupable. MB and Carprin I'd guess are as well with the right makeups. Bertox I think the timer may be a factor but with a high enough DPS group maybe you can squeeze it out, it doesn't sound fun though. A few of the ToSR minis are probably doable with a group. I suspect Jiva is the only one that couldn't be done due to the unlimited adds spawning but maybe its doable with enough charmed pets and blissing. LMM, Agnarr and Solusek I think the damage output from the bosses alone and limited charmed pet access limits them. They are probably all doable with 2-3 solid groups though. Elementals, I think easier minis probably same, 2-3 solid groups doable.

Going backwards in expansions but accounting for PoTime geared players, I suspect a NToV clear with a single group is likely feasible up to Vulak ring, Vyemm may present a challenge however, especially with mostly boxers rather than 6 single players. King Tormax is easily 1 groupable as is Statue. AoW probably is 1 groupable with 2 charmed pets some clerics and some luck on charm not breaking. Tunare, ugh I can't even. In Luclin Praesertums are trioable and I would guess Seru is 1 groupable if you want to race your own mortality vs his infinite health bar. All of the Umbral Planes minis are groupable and probably have been since Luclin. I'd guess everything in Ssra is 1-groupable save for probably Emperor and High Priest. Cursed / Arch Lich probably the biggest challenges among them. Vex Thal I wouldn't be too shocked if most of it could be grouped but again so much devoted to a tank and a few clerics, and so little DPS leads to crazy long kill times no one will want to try.

13. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

Stomach event in tier 3 sounds about right. I think putting him in the same tier as the fishlord and VZ seems too high.

I don't think Plane of Air trash belongs on the list, and certainly not in the warm-up section. The whole zone is so unforgiving beyond the suits isle. Baltador is waiting for you at the top of the first ramp so you'd have to use some cheese mechanics to train him away or similar. Then you get to the bees isle where there's nowhere safe to set up camp. You could find somewhere to set up shop outside one of the first temples, before the bees isle but even that's just a logistical challenge of training + DA + rezzing with no clearing at all. If you wanted to include a mob somewhere, the wandering nilboreans (once you've managed to cheese your way into a camp) would pose a tier 1 challenge. The wandering spiders are like tier 3.

I have a few suggestions. Most of it is non PoP... feel free to ignore if you're looking for PoP-only stuff.

Warm-up:
    Trakanon
    Halls of Testing break-in

Tier 1:
    Lord Yelinak
    A Rabid Wrulon, A Recuso Degenerate, An Undead Inhabitant (HoH rune droppers. Must kill all 3)
    Grimling High Priest event in Acrylia Caverns

Tier 2:
    Dread
    Sontalak
    Rhag`Mozdezh (Rhag 2)
    ST dragons
    Dozekar

Tier 3:
    Fright
    Klandicar
    Velketor
    Vindi
    Glykus Helmir
    HoH Villager Trial (Rhaliq Trell) - Is there a time limit for this? It may not be doable if so
    Galremos
    Most NToV dragons. Clearing between them is half the fun.

Tier 4:
    Cazic Thule (maybe tier 5?)

Tier 5:
    Lossenmachar. Not only is it hard to get there, but the spider isle is SO unforgiving in every way. If you somehow manage to get him single then a warrior tank could probably do it with slow + a cleric.
    Arch Lich Rhag`Zadune. Having done him with 6... 3 is maybe possible but you'd really need to hate yourself; Settle in for a long fight.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    pivoo likes this.
  14. Break

Break People Like Me

I don't really have much to add to the PoP-specific discussion other than the fact that Rallius Ratican should be nowhere near that list. He's a joke of a mob that is easily pulled solo. He doesn't summon. I was able to kill him in Baz gear before I even hit 65.

This guy was tougher than Rallius could ever hope to be. Bard / Mag / Druid.

upload_2024-2-15_10-20-41.png

Pithy, Walex and Frosst like this.
  15. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

These are nice lists, thanks. Partially off topic, but does anyone happen to have a list for trios, that are 65 but ungeared. Maybe piece of two ornates. Or none. So someone can slowly start working up that list, until is ready to start with these though lists. If you do, do you mind start a new thread with that easy list? It would especially be beneficially for players new in EQ world.

16. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

Why not use the list in the first post of this thread? Some of those would still be a fun challenge before gearing. If you want a PoP version, you could do the Binden Concertia quest by yourself:
    https://www.eqprogression.com/the-binden-concerrentia-quest-guide/
    That could be challenging and rewarding.

pivoo likes this.
  17. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Yay, I should check this thread from start, my bad, that is a perfect list!

And thanks a bunch for Binden Concertia quest. There is lots of EQ info on the internet, but for someone who never played years ago when EQ come out, it gets confusing with different EQ versions, editions, what actually is on this server and what not.

Man, list from the first post and this quest will keep me busy for years, thanks again!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
    Mukk likes this.
  18. Trollio55

Trollio55 Member

For most of the targets on these lists, they come down to two categories, one being the challenge of the target itself (eg. High hp, hard hitting, unslowable, etc.) vs. the challenge of getting the target alone and then the fight itself not being too difficult. I'm not sure how we could split it without it getting overly complicated or having multiple lists. But maybe we can just put little disclaimers next to each (eg. Pulling single) as to what makes it so challenging. I would assume that most completing these challenges are at least in elemental raid gear as well (some beyond that with mostly time gear) but I can definitely come up with some ideas for non geared chars too!

pivoo likes this.
  19. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Could make a "no enchanter" list too. Or I guess "no charm".

pivoo likes this.
  20. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Now that I've learned about the list on first page, I have something to go by, but if you don't mind creating one starting list for non geared characters, say fresh lvl 65 trios , that would be wonderful! (since I have a feeling most those mobs are way above my pay grade...

Oh this would be just perfect. I'm slowly finding out, you can't play this complex game without some serious note taking and reminders.

The only mob I killed so far from first page is: a Kromzek Captain in Western Wastes (part of Leuz's Task), once someone told me how to (harmony/proximity pull) him. Several months later I tried again and could not single pull him any more. I tried several times, I died few times, something was definitely different! I promptly reported a bug! Then Rimidal reminded me, that I need to be invis during the proximity pull. I simply forgot that part. :oops: :eek:

So, one line comment about most important part for that mob would be invaluable.

Yes yes, mobs that non charming, fresh non geared lvl 65 trio under guide of clumsy player can start working on. :D

21. Trollio55

Trollio55 Member

Yeah Vaniki gets messy fast! I didn't expect him to gate and while I killed him.. I wiped and had to run back to get my willsapper lol!

Some of the PoP fights I haven't done for a while. I can't remember how tough the Diaku rares in the back are.. I want to say the supplier hits harder and the armorer isn't as tough, or something like that? So I believe the Diaku Armorer would be a good 'test' mob to assess progress.
    I would say one of the best mobs to gauge if you're on the right track with AAs and gear would be The Va`Dyn. It's a long fight with the HP, he flurries, he hits for what a lot of pop tier 2+ mobs hit for (just shy of 600 if I recall), slowable, and can be done without charming.
    Servitor of Luclin is another good warm-up to see if Va`Dyn can be next as well.

pivoo likes this.
  22. giantfortt

giantfortt Well-Known Member

You've done Spirit of Radir too! :D

The BoThunder wing mini bosses are fun and can definitely be done with your toons. Charming (with either Mage or Enc) would help a lot. I'd start with Oreen Wavecrasher. As a bonus, you can see whether they're up with Druid track from the zone in and can invis straight to them with a little practice. You want to keep moving quickly otherwise the elemental traps will break invis and on the Earth wing there are a few spots to watch out for Krigers which can see through invis.

pivoo likes this.
  23. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

the traditional path for ungeared toons is to charm PoP mobs, throw them at other PoP mobs, die, try again, and repeat until you win and get some gear

then repeat all that on progressively harder mobs until your gear is good enough to try more interesting stuff

pivoo likes this.
  24. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

I don't want for this excellent thread to go too much off the rails, so I will reply to all in this one msg. Original 1 post is great resource! I thank to all for additional info. Seems like I will going to be busy for a long long time. Plus I need to read the whole thread I'm sure I will find lots of useful info.

This one does not count, someone unlucky before me ported out, after cleaning whole room, just leaving this mob. :D

Cool thanks, I had no clue I can actually go and hunt in BoThunder with my non charming trio. Will give it a try. If I die, it will be your fault! :p

For Supplier & Diaku I know, will hit them when I start charming. They are easy enough with enchanter.
    Putting other two on a list, thanks for suggestions

Yep, I already mastered this part. I have very very high skill, just don't know where to find the number.

Yeah, I need to start with charming, on my to-do list.
    But it also helps, which mobs are doable ungeared, so you are not suiciding your weakly trio ;)

OK, my apology for semi hijacking this excellent thread.
    I got lots of great info, thanks :)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  25. Trollio55

Trollio55 Member

Another good test zone for a non-charming trio would be the revamped CT, even just moving around and handling trash pulls, etc. If you can hold your own there then you're pretty solid!

Cadsuane and pivoo like this.
  26. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Cool thanks will try it out. Quick Q: I hear a lot (about farming those slime boots in CT) that it helps, to have good faction.
    Probably silly question, but I have never been there, don't know how many factions are there and which are important, so can't hurt asking, do I need to go to Droga to raise faction first or in this case it does not matter? (probably not)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
  27. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

You're confusing Cazic Thule and Chardok. You can gain faction in Droga until you can move around safely in Chardok.
    For Cazic Thule everyone is KOS and there is no way to be anything but that.

pivoo likes this.
  28. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Ahh, you are right. Never been in the either zone. Thanks for explanation.

29. Drudgee

Drudgee Member

This one was tough. Finally got him on the 7th attempt.
    Auliffe Chaoswind Trio.png

DubRemix88, Cadsuane, Pithy and 5 others like this.
  30. Break

Break People Like Me

Did you tank him with the pet or with the Ranger?