Discovered weapons so far on NPC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robregen, Jan 4, 2023.

1. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

So 32 mobs that haven't been found yet? Got our work cut out for us over the next 11 days. :)

2. RMurse

RMurse Member

Do we get to know if there is only one mob per zone that can drop one, or is that too much info to give away?

3. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

There's already mobs on the list that are in the same zone.

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I think Torven mentioned that fully clearing VT before respawn would spawn mobs that would drop 60x Ralos swords. Probably the most efficient way to farm.

5. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

I should hope so. Fully clearing VT is a heavy price to pay.

6. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

So I finally got Gynok to spawn today and he was empty. I think Befallen is off the list. :( Going to try for him a second time just to confirm.

Audiva likes this.
  7. Deebin

Deebin New Member

Ancient Croc in upper guk had a rob blade this morning

pakman likes this.
  8. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

I killed the king and high priest in perma a few times with no luck, so I doubt they're on the list either.

Audiva likes this.
  9. anotheregostar

Did you kill the thuamaturagist or priest Amiaz as well? Gynok would be the obvious one, but I wonder about the others.

10. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I think the drop rate of tokens from any particular named may be well below 50%, so it could take quite a few kills to rule out a named with any confidence.

For example, suppose a token is a 1 in 3 drop from a given named. If I kill it twice with no token, there's still about a 45% chance that the named is actually a token-dropper and I just got unlucky. Even if I kill the named 5 times with zero token drops, there's still about a 15% chance.

If the token drop rate is lower, it takes even more kills to rule out named. If tokens were 1 in 5 drops, then it'd take 10+ kills of a single named to rule it out with 90%+ confidence.

Radda likes this.
  11. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I did - I have 4-5 kills on Amiaz, Thaumaturgist, all of the SKs, and now two of Gynok. Could just be bad luck, or maybe there's just none in Befallen!

Audiva likes this.
  12. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Rallius in PoD dropped a solarsword.

Frosst likes this.
  13. anotheregostar

Hmm, I didn't bother with him because he was a 3 day spawn - doesn't fit with the others. Maybe that means mobs like drusella and others on 3 day timers will be fair game too.

Hopefully that's not the case - rob says they had high drop chances too. I'm 3/5 on known mobs, Id be interested to hear the rate for people who have been farming some. I'm not willing to kill more than 2 times to exclude haha

Audiva likes this.
  14. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

Half of the mobs listed are 2hr + spawns with 4 of them being 3 days. Seems to be fairly consistent.

15. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I would think that a named with a long respawn time like that would have a much higher drop rate.

16. anotheregostar

Yeah that's fair enough - I've not killed most of the list before. I was just under the impression that the idea was that mobs would have placeholders and would need work to spawn, and thought that mobs that just came up on their own with a timer wouldn't be on the menu.

17. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Maricella Slithera in Paludal Caverns drops Rob's sword!

Frosst and Audiva like this.
  18. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Zorle's Greatsword off of Heirophant Grazan in The Grey!

19. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Terror Matriarch in Nightmare dropped a Solar sword.

20. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

list updated.

Frosst likes this.
  21. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

In two days, I spend total over 30 hours, some afk but still, Sirens Grotto, Shimmering Sea Spirit, 4 spawns, one weapon. If I wouldn't be there also for Fellspine and trying someone to help with that mask, I wouldn't bother.

I was at the same camp few months ago, was camping several days and Sea Spirit was spawning much more frequently. Someone told me today about the same experience. I don't know about the other named mobs that can drop these event weapons, but for Sea Spirit sure looks that spawn rate is now worse during the event.

Edit: I hope I didn't sound like I'm complaining. I'm just sharing my experience with that camp. That being said, I appreciate these events, they bring some fun and change of priorities. :D It is great, thanks.

p.s.
    Someone yesterday said: "soul crushing event" hi-hi

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    Audiva likes this.
  22. Audiva

Audiva Member

I did Tserrina for 6 hours last night (1 hr respawn, 4 possible spawns). I got her 5 times, only dropped one sword (and I got an A token, bad RNG heh). If I didn't know that she dropped it I would've given up well before bedtime. I hate to say it but if it hasn't been killed 5+ times then it's unlikely to be fully known as a no dropper :(

That having been said, I spent most of the first week of my time in Permafrost and killed the alchemist, sage and jailmaster at least 8 times each with no sword dropping.

anotheregostar and pivoo like this.
  23. robregen

Spawn rate hasn't been change in regard to shimmering sea spirit nor has the drop rate change. There are like 15+ spawns.

Ripwind and pivoo like this.
  24. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Good to know, thanks

25. Audiva

Audiva Member

Harbinger Dronik in TT dropped Zorle's Greatsword.

Frosst likes this.
  26. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

LMAO pull your head out of your ass. Sorry the staff here tried to provide something novel and fun this year for everyone. No one touched the shimmering spawn frequency. Insinuating that spawn rates were changed because they decided to add something fun is so stupid. Sorry you've been unlucky (not really).

Edit: You really sound like you're complaining.

sowislifesowislove and Smudge like this.
  27. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

RNGods giveth and taketh away.

Ripwind likes this.
  28. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Iirc there can only be one shimmering sea spirit up at a time. Perhaps one was spawned and sitting up for a while in a different part of the zone.

29. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Someone asked for more data. The only camp I really camped few months ago and now was this one, so I replied with what I experienced then and now. And I thanked for the event. Didn't mean nothing bad with my input, although, seeing your reply, you formed different opinion about my intention. Oh well, my last on this subject.

Audiva and pakman like this.
  30. robregen

I check and yes looked like only one shimmering sea spirit can be up at a time. So chances that if it's not spawning for you, there's one up elsewhere in the zone.

I updated the list.

Audiva and pivoo like this.