Discovered weapons so far on NPC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robregen, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

It's also one of those mobs that is just really streaky, even if there isn't already one up in the zone. You can go a full day without seeing one. I don't think it's bugged or anything by any means, it's just historically been an awful camp, haha. But good to hear official confirmation that only one can ever be up at a time, I had always wondered.

Audiva likes this.
  2. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

And then some times you can get lucky and spawn 3 in one clear as long as you're killing before the next ph spawns!

(They'll all drop shields though, obviously)

3. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Truly new players don't know what they don't know. /shrug

Audiva likes this.
  4. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

I've killed one mob, gotten one sword and ended up with a 10 dose gate potion. As a non gating class I am very grateful for this item, as it will simplify my life, for free, 10 times. Furthermore this item wouldn't normally just fall in my lap for free, what a wonderful bonus in a game that usually hands you nothing.

I haven't had time to participate in events this year, but we are all fortunate to have them... not to mention this excellent oasis of a server.

Thanks for all the work

5. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Fireclaw in Echo Caverns drops Elroz's sword!

Audiva, Frosst and Elroz like this.
  6. Crushzilla

Crushzilla Member

An Ancient Shissar Servitor
    Silver Sword of Ralos

Audiva, Frosst and Tuluvien like this.
  7. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

list updated

pakman and Frosst like this.
  8. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

My hats off to the poor soul that discovered this one. I hope you got a guise from it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  9. robregen

got the counts wrong. I updated to the correct count.

10. dalidali

dalidali Member

Ooof that was me. Spawned him twice (he didn't drop the sword first time) which obv took forever. Didn't get a wand on either and then got a Token A (!) from the sword turned into chicken ring duplicate lol. Sooo cruel. But I am driven to find more sword droppers! That was the 5th silver sword dropper I've added to the list. The hunt distracts me from my awful RNG luck on turn-ins.

11. Break

Break People Like Me

That's some dedication. I think it would be really neat if the devs recognized the person who discovered the most unique sword droppers with some sort of award.

pivoo likes this.
  12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Sadly the wand doesn't work in all zones anyway if you were after a wand (Just want to fyi incase you didn't know.) I know just after this era the wands were usable in all zones.

13. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Great idea!

14. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

So-and-so the Treasure Hunter. :D

pivoo likes this.
  15. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Rob blade off of Warder in Droga!

pivoo and dalidali like this.
  16. dalidali

dalidali Member

Ya that's why I never bothered to farm one in Luclin and perhaps why I was dumb enough to go do the camp now lol - I had killed the other nameds in the deep tho on friendly side of bridge so I was pretty confident he dropped one. I did go back last night because I wanted to see if any see invis had respawned cuz I carefully culled them on the way (they didn't!) and if Kox had spawned (he had!). Got a wand for my big tall cleric but no weapon. No see invis are currently up all the way from zi to his camp so if anyone wants to head there this reset for wand/weapons/shards now is a good time! Just don't kill anything en route.

EDIT: Hot fix inc so path likely littered with see invis again lol

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  17. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Potential idea - named cycle in Skyfire. After couple of hours I failed, or didn't know how to spawn it, so I left. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

P.s.
    For those new to EQ world, if you see Prince Kloxx in East Karana, let him be, even if he is 'only yellow'. Looks like he really don't like some of us running around and checking what kind of weapon he is wearing :D

pakman likes this.
  18. garfunkel

garfunkel Member

Vaniki Silver sword of Ralos

pivoo, Audiva, Wellmine and 2 others like this.
  19. Audiva

Audiva Member

Sami reported silver sword from Xi Thall in ME earlier today alliance chat.

20. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

When this is over and done with you guys should tell us what mobs we missed, or tell us what mobs we killed but by random chance didn't see them drop a sword and gave up on...

21. robregen

that'll be saved for next year. :p

pivoo, Quirk, Mechaike and 1 other person like this.
  22. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

Seems to be quite a comprehensive list thus far, need to save some mystery for next year...
    Amazing job to all the named hunters, killed some very rare and obscure mobs for sure!

23. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

I spent sometime in western wastelands really bothers me I couldn’t figure it out. May have to try again.

24. Smudge

Smudge People Like Me

An enraged amygdalan at the top of pyramid in CT dropped a Silver Sword of Ralos. Would not recommend.

25. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

zones that don't have drops recorded yet:

western wastes, kedge keep, plane of growth (despite two hints lolz), hollowshade mood, grimling, the hole, skyshrine, iceclad, chardok, fungus grove, akheva ruins, dalnir, skyfire, the overthere, timorous deep, frontier mountains

Last edited: Jan 13, 2023
    Notorious likes this.
  26. Auyster

Auyster People Like Me

mood

27. dalidali

dalidali Member

Corpseraiser Gilgaplank is on the list from AC. Also, The Hole!

showstring likes this.
  28. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Grenix Mucktail in Highpass drops Rob's blade!

29. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

ah yes you're right my bad! Ctrl + F fail on my part, I searched for Acrylia in the zone list on the anniversary wiki page and it found the Buffey the Ogre section insatead that talks about turning in Acrylia bricks for buffs :oops:

The Hole is a good one to scavenge hunt, there is some uber rare named in there for sure...

30. Audiva

Audiva Member

Just letting you know that I'm online a fair bit and watching both alliance chat, discord and what is posted here. I've put together a list that I can easily edit in a google doc, which has the boss name, sword drop, location and respawn timer (if known). It can be found in the Blood Guard channel on the TAKP discord (forums won't let me share the google doc here).

I'm updating things as I see them (usually several times in my Australian day).

Ripwind, showstring and Elroz like this.