Discovered weapons so far on NPC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robregen, Jan 4, 2023.

1. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I tried a couple named in Mons Letalis (Speaking of least visited zones) - Corrupted Hivemistress, Greater Leech, Spire Lord and no dice.

Audiva likes this.
  2. Halox

Halox Member

Negerbor's Blade from Brahhm in Gorge of King Xorbb

3. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

lol, I didn't even know there was a named minotaur in the gorge!? I cleared that zone like 5 times. Grats! I bet that's the unvisited zone!

Speaking of which, I don't think it's runnyeye!
    Code:
    [ Only registered users can see the bbcode. Click Here To Register... ]
    I got the moldmaster to spawn about every 30 defender kills today. All 4 corpses were completely empty.

4. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

Giang Yin in Stonebrunt is a good candidate. I got Prowler of the Jungle x2, Jelquar, Old Ghostback, and Snowbeast and came up empty. I spent a bit over 4 hours there today and a few yesterday tracking and squatting on hot spots with a trio. Just couldn't get Giang to spawn. :(

Audiva, pakman and Manstache like this.
  5. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

You might be right, I don't recall seeing that one when I was there the other day.

We're getting closer, but there's still a lot of Zorle's Greatsword out there.

Audiva and Ripwind like this.
  6. dalidali

dalidali Member

We know there's some in PoP still so I am guessing those are the last two silver sword droppers (since we know Prince in pogrowth is holding one). My guess is Junk Beast and then something in PoN. The Zorle swords are more mid range mobs or "easier" mobs in hard zones, which have actually been harder to find (for me anyways) because we spent so much more time farming the high lvl content in Luclin. I am guessing there's at least one in Chardok lower levels, one in Skyfire (Eldrig?), Kedge, FG (caller cycle maybe?), and I wouldn't be surprised if one more in Seb (froglok chef or something), and maybe SSRA mines? Hopefully we get one more round of hints before it ends!

pakman, Audiva and Wellmine like this.
  7. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

a painwrack hobgoblin, deep in the sp0OoOo0oky hobgoblin caves in the plane of nightest nightmares, dropped a sword of Zorle!

Audiva, showstring, Frosst and 5 others like this.
  8. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

no new discovered NPC this event. 32 Guise has been reward this year.

Mechaike, Audiva, showstring and 7 others like this.
  9. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Out of curiousity, how many bricks?

10. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Uh.... this reads to me like there's at least 1 new NPC that could have been discovered. With out pressuring Rob to respond either way, I find this awesome.

DubRemix88 likes this.
  11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I’m curious how many guises occurred between the January 1 hotfix and the January 4 reset which revamped the weapon quest. Or rather how many got them from the original version of the quest this year.

showstring likes this.
  12. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

amazing! congrats to all the lucky fashion winners!

do you have any stats on how many guises were awarded in previous years for comparison? Jan2022, Jan2021, Jan2020 numbers?

would you think ~30ish guises is a sweet spot for the effort required? seems pretty reasonable to me

13. robregen

no there's no date on when the item was recieved. I just see what we had before the anniversary and count down after.

Audiva and showstring like this.
  14. kai4785

kai4785 People Like Me

Oh, morning brain.
    Now I read this as no new NPC *that drops an anniversary weapon* this event. I see.

15. pakman

pakman Well-Known Member

No, I think you were right the first time. Sounds to me like a hint unrelated to the weapon quest, and more like a new raid target that was undiscovered.

anotheregostar likes this.
  16. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Rob was just saying; since he last updated the list of found weapon droppers, til the time the event ended, no new ones had been found.

robregen and pakman like this.
  17. anotheregostar

anotheregostar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I cleared Runnyeye about 5 times I think got multiple battlemasters/battlemage/Picklaws as well. Did gorge a few times for the named evil eyes, but never got the other nameds to pop, so happy that someone eventually got one.
    I cleared the Warrens many times, think I killed everything that didn't spawn every time at least 2-3 times, but no luck there. Same with Blackburrow, killed all the nameds there at least 3-4 times except for Tranixx who I was only able to spawn twice in about 70 PH or so.

18. hemper

hemper New Member

Has anyone found any new ones yet this year? Or is everyone so discouraged by the awful drop rates on known camps that no one is bothering to hunt??

19. Audiva

Audiva Member

For me it's the latter. I can only hope the GMs will raise the drop rate later in the event - right now it's not worth wasting my time on, although I'd love another mask. I did update the wiki but for now I'm spending my time elsewhere.

20. robregen

I haven't check to see if any newly discovered mob droppers.

I'm seeing 30 Negerbor, 20 Zorles, and 10 Silver Sword being dropped on average per day so far.

21. Gamer1047

Gamer1047 Member

I’ve killed 15 silver sword droppers and seen 1. It turned into a class a token which became a piece of rubicite. Think I am done with silver sword camps.

22. robregen

I'll give a hint to which zone has the undiscovered mob droppers.

Netherbian's Lair
    Stonebrunt
    Rathe's Mountain
    Plane of Disease
    Velketor
    Western Waste
    Siren's Grotto
    Karnor's Castle
    Plane of Growth
    Plane of Innovation
    Hole
    Grimling Forest

May the God be in your favor

Mechaike, pivoo, giantfortt and 3 others like this.
  23. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

feels like sword drop rate got changed from ~25% to around ~10% or so based on few days of camping

I guess since the anniversary event is now twice as long, can nerf the drop chances by 65% or so?
    gotta be determined and lucky... may the odds be ever in your favor

24. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Maybe the drop rate in Plane of Growth is 100%.

25. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I asked rob how the drop chances compare to last year, they're almost all the same rate except for a couple specific npcs

26. robregen

They are the same pretty much from last year. Couple of them were like being easy permacamp under level 15 and were easily getting the weapon so they were nerfed. The rest are basically the same.

Mechaike likes this.
  27. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

Just my feeling, but I have a hunch, that the most powerful force here may be RNG ;)

28. The Shade

The Shade Active Member

Hmm... pivoo, you must be out of touch with the RNG gods scene. Don't you know that one of them killed all of the others. This act assured that this god is now THE god of RNG, which is essentially the major god. With that said, no special distinction is needed!

pivoo likes this.
  29. RedFerno

RedFerno Member

Any hints for Stonebrunt?
    Got a few named to spawn but no swords - The process to spawn the named I did kill seems rather arduous for a possible sword drop. Must gut says I'm looking in the wrong place.

30. Ripwind

Ripwind People Like Me

I spent about a week fruitlessly trying to get the Stonebrunt drop last year. I have to think it's one of the titans, I just had super bad luck.