What use is blind any longer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wellmine, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Like most things in EQ, blind is not guaranteed to work. If you are moving then blind has a much reduced chance to work.

Also on Live servers, if you deaggro the NPC while blind it will bug out and run into a straight line for 10 or whatever minutes, continuing long after the spell had worn off and into a zone wall. On Live stuff also gets stuck in low aggro flee mode even after hate lists are wiped, so they may have broken flee behavior on NPCs without active hate lists at some point. I'm not sure how it behaved after hate wipes on AK. The spell's behavior on Live otherwise matches old EQ comments and logs however, as far as I can tell.

2. necra

necra People Like Me

fair enough i dont think i really ever used blind on AK but used it occasionally on TAKP so just trying to understand the mechanics :) thank you for your hard work

Devour_Souls likes this.
  3. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Yea on AK blind would make an NPC just jet on a straight line but it hit nearest pc when casted no pets and with that in mind it would stop npcs from fleeing to fight you blinded. Oh how I miss the blind to make an NPC keep fighting. Def a ghetto snare for sure.

4. ToastedCookies

ToastedCookies New Member

Up until recently I was using blind as an aggro spell. After the recent changes mobs started randomly fleeing (even in melee range).
    I guess it's intended to have an unpredictable element now. Which makes me sad, because it was my favorite spell =)
    I've switched over to all stuns with my paladin.

5. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

If a blind NPC flees with you in combat range then that is because somebody outstide of range surpassed your hate level.

6. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

I've had mixed results with this because I always have agro on my bst. I will test it further if you want me to log some data. I also bought Hobble Spirits after hearings its broken and since the blind changes. I noticed that the mobs continue to flee with the snare from that proc aa. Is this working as intended? Its listed as a 40% snare and I chased a mob in UP to death who did slow while kiting (Yea a BST kiter) but still ran fast and flee'd upon low hps.

7. ToastedCookies

ToastedCookies New Member

Got it, thank you Torven.

8. Tesadar

Tesadar Active Member

or SK = Clinging darkness. massive aggro. I wish anyone luck peeling something from me when i spam this.

9. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

showstring and John Stark like this.