What PoP abilities are you looking forward to?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pithy, Jun 9, 2021 at 2:56 PM.

1. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

On the SK, I'm excited for...
    • big HT
    • lifetaps and a snare that don't suck
    • gear options with focus effects
    • weapon options with decent DPS
    On the cleric,
    • Divine Arbitration
    • Radiant Cure
    On the chanter,
    • Total Domination, of course!
    • dying hilariously to badass charmpets
    On the bard,
    • Fading Memories!
    • Boastful Bellow
    • Psalm of Veeshan
    What about you? What fun or powerful PoP abilities are you excited about?

2. Auyster

Auyster Active Member

On the wizard,
    - BEEEEEEEEEEEEEG nuke!

Pithy likes this.
  3. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Ranger wolf AA. EP / Time bow. Wolf AA. Snare AA. HEADSHOT

Pithy likes this.
  4. Mokli

Mokli People Like Me

Druid:
    Flight of Eagles, Spirit of the Wood, and Radiant Cure

SK:
    HT, DPS, Aura of Darkness resist debuff, not needing to carry a container around to summon a single corpse (can use tiny coffins now)

What about our current snares suck? lol

Pithy likes this.
  5. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Ooh yeah, summon corpse with tiny coffins will be nice. I dislike the cast time on Cascading Darkness. Festering Darkness will be nice in that respect, but hardly a game-changer.

6. Mokli

Mokli People Like Me

Oh I never use that one, I use Dooming Darkness, it is always enough to stop mobs and is 4 seconds, a little less with hybrid haste.

Pithy likes this.
  7. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I'm just excited for more defensive aa's - they might seem boringbut they are the best aa's around!

Cadsuane and Mokli like this.
  8. thucydides

thucydides People Like Me

I'm looking forward to shedding a single tear every time something with furious bash drops.
    I am also looking forward to accidentally 1 hit KOing some poor silk caster with divine arbitration.

Pithy and Walex like this.
  9. Devour_Souls

Devour_Souls People Like Me

Binding in PoTranquility

Linkamus likes this.
  10. gigistar

gigistar Member

Project illusion of course!

11. necra

necra People Like Me

wake the dead for raid bosses just after we kill them

Pithy likes this.
  12. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Command of Druzzil
    Arcane Rune
    Eldrich Rune

Pithy likes this.
  13. Mokli

Mokli People Like Me

Also, getting a new Druid mask spell that doesn't grow you

DubRemix88 likes this.
  14. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

I will shed a single tear that necromancers most high-profile AA is literally performance art ;)

Looking forward to suspend minion, lower resist check on the new darkness snare, and defensives.

15. necra

necra People Like Me

Necro aas are pretty bad overall, suspend minion is good but nothing beats doing wake the dead on rallos Zek after your guilds first kill.

Klage and I used to duel each other on ahr kills and both do it and have the ahrs beating on each other

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

One of the biggest things I’m looking forward to is a non-annoying bind point.

For the past 3-4 years my characters have been bound at either the ToV spires in Western Wastes or on the hills near Vex Thal. It’s only lately now that Vex Thal is a 4-way rotation that I’ve started to cycle my bind point to a less annoying spot 75% of the time.

I will greatly enjoy a casual bind spot in Plane of Tranquility where there is no death loop potential. Who knows though maybe I’ll spice it up and bind underwater to relive those dangerous bind spawn days.

For abilities… Hand of Ro on druid for a mostly one stop shop resist Debuff. Ro’s Fierying Sundering no more! Flight of Eagles for convenience. Command of Tunare charming is always good fun. Spirit of the Wood to have a valuable MGB tool on raids. Too many nights MGB button goes unclicked in Luclin. Radiant Cure to casually clear Malo and Tash kind of debuffs.

For itemization druids get a bunch of cool PoP toys. Ornate BP is group Regen, Elemental legs are group DS. Ornate legs are best root. LMM scimitar and TT orb are solid DoTs. PoWater D1 grouped hammer is a low resist 450 DD proc and TT hammer is a low resist 750 DD proc. I will enjoy the return of melee druid!

For my other characters… Fade on bard, DArb on cleric, 7 second Divine Stun on Paladin, Command of Druzzil/Total Domination on Enchanter, pet weaponry summons on mage.

Break, Mokli and Pithy like this.
  17. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I'm just looking forward to exp not totally sucking (I'm hoping)

Mokli and Pithy like this.
  18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

EXP tests on Dev have found AA per kill solo in T2/T3 zones around 3-10%. Assuming a group of 6 you’re more looking at 1-4% AA per kill.

In elementals around 8-22% AA per kill. This is without PoFire so I expect the upper range to increase slightly when considering the C2/Tables camp. Assuming a group of 6 you’re looking at about 3-10% AA per kill I’m guessing.

But the thing I’m finding is that if you’re entering PoP with most of the Luclin AAs you want, most classes only have about 50-100 good AAs. Not much grinding needed to do.

Mokli and Pithy like this.