Vaniki

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Slayzz

Slayzz People Like Me

Well, this guy spent the better part of the last couple days making me his prison girlfriend haha. Learned A LOT of about him, the fight in general, the zone etc. Long story short I have a question... Is this guy just REALLY REALLY MR and what is the best strategy in general for him?

We came with 11 peeps on the last attempt (only 1 cleric though) and did pretty good but just couldn't seal the deal because we could NOT get him slow even with tash, Malo, AND Sini in. And it was just tough for the cleric to keep up with the healing with his unslowed dps.

I tried like 3x on my chanter to slow and our shaman tried god knows how many times. All in all we had like 5 or 6 attempts (was a tough location too as he was roaming around lots of adds), but in all of those attempts we were never able to slow him once.

Is it just a fight where we should just assume slow is just a bonus and bring more clerics, is he unslowable, we're we just unlucky, or is there a better strategy in general? Whenever I decide to try him again, I want to make sure the strategy is solid.

He kinda sucks :) Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

In the words of Neb, "Vaniki morka ta, so aka ral faka sa!" (Vaniki is a witch, she should die!)

If you can land sini, you can slow her, but you'll probably have an easier time of it with a bard in the mix. Otherwise, you probably do need a bit more healing power. That proc hurts.

3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

I don't know if this helps at all, but for the pull I had a mage grouped with my SK. Vaniki runs pretty fast, but the tunnels are also layered to where he'll keep chasing even if you run pretty far ahead. I just flopped my SK down to vaniki, agro'd, harmshielded and trained up to the big open area near jaled dar and got COH, then I tagged off my train (it's pretty easy to get vaniki single out of the train, but may take another coh or two). Then just agro kited along the wall near jaled til slow landed and brought him in. There's only a few trash mobs that will agro there, most are phase spiders so it's not too bad.

4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

oos and dispelling shielding (vaniki is a necro) also help

Ravenwing likes this.
  5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Just DS up and lean in.