Thinking about TAKP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hertome, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Hertome

Hertome New Member

Hi everyone,

currently me and my wife call P99 our home. I am thinking about trying to talk her into joining TAKP, i know she loves BST and for myself i like Luclin & PoP. We played on AlKabor for a while when we had Macs back in the old days.
    Everytime i log into P99 i see a relative low number on TAKP round 250 and taking into account that boxing
    is allowed we only talk around 80 players? Is there a valid playerbase? Or is this erver more or less ruled by a few 6boxers? Furthermore, with the upcoming Agnarr Server in Live, are there concerns, as Agnarr is very close to what TAKP is?

Sorry for all these questions, but i need to keep wife faction high and if i talk her into TAKP i want it
    to be a success :)

Regards
    Holger

2. Thuule

Thuule Active Member

Most people box. If you and your wife play together and pick complementary classes, you should be able to level fine. People who choose to box multiple characters are open to grouping generally on their way to 60. I choose to not box at all and can find experience groups. People at 60 frequently create more boxes to play with though. It is closer to Alkabor than anything on live. If you hate seeing 6 boxers at all you may not like it here.

3. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

250 is a huge number, AK was never this busy.

Only boxing up to three is allowed but lots don't box or always box.

No one really cares much about "another" Sony server. Agnar is not Al'Kabor. It's a watered down pre-failure. Come and try AK and you'll never log into p99 again. Imagine a server with no asshats, neckbeards, poopsockers, etc

You'll love it here.

Ripwind and Superindeed like this.
  4. Hertome

Hertome New Member

Sounds very promising.
    I have to apologize, as i have read the 3-box rule after my posting, therefore, there shouldnt be any 6-boxers.

And we plan to 2 box, aka 3 chars in total.

Regards
    Hertome

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  5. snorks

snorks Well-Known Member

Wouldn't two people two-boxing be aka 4 chars in total? But I was never good at geography

Lenas likes this.
  6. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Nice quote from the Sweede

7. Hertome

Hertome New Member

In theory yes, but we box a 3rd char to our mains, 1 person will 2box, 1 person will 1-box (does this exist? 1-box?).

:)

8. Yaximus

Yaximus Member

Apply for an IP-exemption and make sure to make two separate forum accounts instead of running off the one, it'll be much more convenient further down the line.

9. Hertome

Hertome New Member

Oh thanks for the hint, forgot about that!

10. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

I recently moved here from P99, and I'm glad I did. The client has some quirks, but it has authenticity too once you remember how things actually were in 2002. The server is stable, well run, and actively being improved. The endgame atmosphere is not toxic. There's a (permanent?) 20% exp bonus relative to P99. AC actually works here. Hybrids are not penalized. The equivalent of global ooc (alliance chat) is not dangerous to read. People are friendly. I'm not a huge fan of 6 boxing, but I do like being able to have some boxes avail if I can't find a group. The bazaar is up but there really isn't much of an economy...yet. I've been able to get my noob gear quests done, did some tradeskills farming and selling, got some early donations of gear and now 5 weeks later I'm fairly well set for gear. AND...PoP is coming! I love that era. I'm sure I'll run into some issues at some point but I haven't yet. Moving here from P99 kind of feels like moving from downtown New York to a peaceful commune in California, except the hippies still like to raid and they're good at it.

All in all, I recommend it.

Foxhorde, Elrontaur, Mokli and 2 others like this.
  11. Hertome

Hertome New Member

I like that one :)

12. Superindeed

Superindeed Member

I recently started up on this server as well, it's an awesome community and very stable accurate server. Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

13. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

You won't regret playing here. Agnarr will most likely be nothing like it was in 2003...

14. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Agnarr will be nothing like what we have here. Sony's servers, even the so-called progression servers, have a ton of updates to the core game that change the experience completely. Spell resists are different, boss stats are different, player power is increased. It is easy mode. I guarantee that Quarm will be dead on Agnarr probably less than a week after they open the planes.

Also important to note that Agnarr is not actually POP-locked. It is going to included Legacy of Ykesha and Lost Dungeons of Norrath. Minor expansions, true, but those will not be here.

15. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Even things that seem provide a minor benefit to players can vastly change the dynamic of certain aspects of the game. LoY expansion for example, when we consider PoTime Bertoxxulous, completely changes how the fight plays out. On Live, he is no trouble, just fire off a few MGB heals, have AE resist and Chorus going, and you win.

On AK though, without the Song window (LoY), you have 15 total Buff slots to work with. On this encounter you will want to devote 1 to AE Chorus, 1 to AE resists, 1 to Shaman Tribunal, 1 to Bertox DoT and 1 to MGB SotW, limiting you to just 10 buff. On top of this, the only class that can cure 18 disease counters in one hit are Shaman/Beastlords with Abolish disease... whereas Live Druids/Clerics have Pure Blood which is a single target one cast cure and Shamans have Blood of Nadox a group 1 cast cure (LoY). On top of that again, AK had CR as a single target AA so each cleric MGB HoT that you needed to use cost one Cleric mana pool 2000 mana when doing MGB Ethereal Elixir.

Agnarr I will play on for sure because I have an active account and why not? But it's an entirely different experience/version of EQ. I consider myself an EQ conisseur. I enjoy many versions of the game, but just recognize most of them are apples to oranges at this point. Especially when comparing Live to EQEmu. Those attracted to PoP content may enjoy both, but if you are looking for challenging PoP content you will not really find it on a live EQ server unless you force yourself into the situation by having small number raids.

Neealana and Lenas like this.
  16. Fadetree

Fadetree People Like Me

Yeah, take something like the titanium mouselook. That doesn't work here, and my first though was "grrr that's merely a convenience! why shouldn't that work?". But after playing my chanter a bit and thinking back I realized how powerful that feature is in combination with paci and and the rest of the chanter spell lines. It's a HUGE advantage, and it really makes ench even more powerful when it's already arguably OP.

17. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Enchanters with a cycle target hotkey are also EXTREMELY more powerful. When you're trying to lock down 5-6 targets and you are having to click on each of them to target or reposition yourself to F8 them, it is a lot more tedious and out of that tedium comes the possibility you take too long and a mez wears off.

Whereas on a Titanium client EQ you can sit stationary in one spot and hit one hotkey to cycle between all of the mobs nearby you without skipping a beat.

18. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

This may come off as tooting my own horn, but as a player I designed special tools I would want that most if not all other servers don't have.
    Spell tool, guild management tool, Account management (with various features including swapping characters at will to other game accounts).
    As well as an overall team willingness to entertain and sometimes implement player suggestions.

Ripwind, Neealana, Draeko and 3 others like this.
  19. Hertome

Hertome New Member

Thank you all! We arrived and had a blast of a start! First some player just gave us 200pp and we bought ourselfs two weapons and today some kind player guided us through some weird quest for a diamond mask! Wow what a welcome. Now Level 9 working towards next spells!
    Regards
    Metalizer, BarbarianBeastlord

Foxhorde likes this.
  20. Randorik

Randorik New Member

Welcome! I recently started here myself. The community here is great. Don't be afraid to ask people to group...even if they are 3 boxing. The group xp bonus is pretty big and I haven't been turned down yet.

21. Dairmuid

Dairmuid Active Member

So true....

22. Shawn

Shawn People Like Me

Will say this, I've enjoyed my time here more than any game/server...and majority of that is the people. No matter the guild tag it's a helpful community

Foxhorde, Mokli, Faults and 2 others like this.
  23. Radda

Radda People Like Me

it's great here. i shouldnt have slacked off for 2.4 years. now im behind my goal for shadows of luclin. but w/e no rush!

Linkamus likes this.
  24. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

My goal was to hit 60 before SoL.

Thats now hit 60 before PoP.

Gotta be flexible.

pharmakos, Neealana and Linkamus like this.
  25. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

I'm not one to talk, as I'm definitely someone who "rushes", but there really is no rush.... We'll likely be in the Luclin era for quite some time (good thing imo). Relax and smell the roses!

26. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

Free love, power to the people!

27. Foxhorde

Foxhorde People Like Me

Great sever great choice! Need help with anything feel free to reach out to any horde member!