The need for a takp wiki

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Torven, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Sketchy

Sketchy People Like Me

Posted client links in getting started guide. They are on a throwaway Gmail account. I couldn't figure out the formatting to look nice though.

2. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Updated formatting for you.

3. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

SCHWING! Let's get your eqmacwiki data to the appropriate hands POST HASTE!

4. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Please send me a copy of the dump... Having two wikis would just confuse people.

Speedz likes this.
  5. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Does your "smart friend" have eyes like an owl ? hmmm ?

Sturmm likes this.
  6. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

I added the basic information for classes to the wiki. Please activate citations in the Wiki (inserting proper citations entered weird Template code instead of citation).

Elrontaur likes this.
  7. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Cite extension has been activated. Please let me know if anything else should be. I have never administered a wiki.

8. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

You'll do fine. This has been a fun rollercoaster of my first co-admin of anything online. It has to be far easier to do a wiki :)

Lenas likes this.
  9. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

Thanks Lenas! No worries. I'm mostly concerned about protecting ourselves from negative backlash in situations where we borrow content. As it stands I have paraphrased the class material from the official website, but I need to go back and cite it properly.

10. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

One more request Lenas... is there a more enhanced toolbar for the editor available? I don't mind formatting manually but something like this might save some time. When I get to spell lists I would like to use tables, as an example.

11. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Oh, Lenas, if you are doing tables. Any chance of listing which spells are upgrades to existing spell lines? If this already exists somewhere, someone point me to it !

E.G. Minor healing, Light Healing, etc

12. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

13. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I will look into what our options are.

Edit - for now we are stuck with what we have. The hosting doesn't support node.js scripting for the cool visual editor :/

TinyMCE editor works, but even though it's nicer than default, it would require rewriting every existing article due to reformatting.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  14. Pinoit

Pinoit Well-Known Member

It appeared as though it was built-in to Wikimedia because formatting is largely unique to this form of media. I assumed it was a matter of enabling it.

I hear you on changing what's in there, this would be no small undertaking at all. As nice as other editors like TinyMCE are, they are largely just formatting wrappers around a text input form field that interprets html-formatted text. You could run some kind of server-side convert script (requires caching) of content within that field, but you'd need to parse into wiki tags, and sadly Wiki tags were created by aliens :(

Thanks for looking into that! :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  15. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Elrontaur likes this.
  16. krakmojo

krakmojo Active Member

I've got the Focus items page in a good place, but I am still working on the Class page spell lists, newbie armor quests, and the Glossary mostly.
    If anyone has any ideas for pages they would like to see, please let me know and I will do my best.

surron, Ransom and Elrontaur like this.
  17. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Am trying to register for the wiki.

Keep getting an account creation error ( Incorrect or missing CAPTCHA )

Have tried Al'kabor, alkabor, TAK, The Al'kabor Project

A hint, pls

18. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

19. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

20. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

I've been staring at this list for 15 minutes trying to decipher how they are ordered.

showstring likes this.
  21. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

Ordered? :D
    it was a copypasta from my zlizeqmaps zonedata file

22. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

I linked it at the top of the zones page as well. My OCD wants this to be a sort-able list though....