Spells with Counters (Disease/Poison/Curse)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by solar, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Thanks, Solar!

Is the +10 you mention what creates the 50% base-line chance here?

https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server/blob/main/zone/spell_effects.cpp#L4609

I.e. dispel chance = (dispel_caster_level + modifier + 10 - buff_caster_level) * 5, capped at 5% or 95%?

So for AMY's level 78 Disjunction of Flame debuff, Radiant Cure would give us:

(65 + 10 + 6 - 78) * 5 = a 15% chance to drop the debuff

Whereas if you managed to top-slot it, Annul Magic would give two 30% chances to dispel it, i.e. a total chance of 51% with collateral damage to one buff (on success) or two (on failure). Which is not bad at all, if you can be bothered to throw a few junk buffs on before the fight. Interesting.

Whereas Purify Soul would give six 30% chances, for a success rate of 88% or so.

2. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Your math checks out to me.

Ravenwing likes this.
  3. Foxboxx

Foxboxx People Like Me

Taper Enchantment doesn't actually dispel anything and just cuts the duration in half? That is a strange mechanic I never would have thought existed!

4. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Has cure been removed from pet heals? (sorry, hard to keep up with all the back and forth)

5. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

Not removed, but they don't work on some spells, notably the shaman and enchanter slows.
    I guess it's more accurate to say that it had not been added yet in this time period of the game.
    Sorry, I wish this had been known years ago because now some will feel it's a nerf.

6. RossGuy

Well, that sucks.

7. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

at least you still have your potime necro weapon drop

lurari and RossGuy like this.
  8. Break

Break People Like Me

Yup. It definitely stinks that the pet heals got changed, but I can only think of one fight where I relied on pet heals to cure shaman slow. It also stinks that this appears to be Akkurate behavior.

I'll just have to remember to keep a real cure memorized when I'm playing around casters.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  9. RossGuy

Haha!

10. RossGuy

I use pet heal constantly on raids, especially in PoT.

11. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

It is rough on Necros/Mages. You'll probably just end up ditching your pet and re-summoning it now rather than wait for slow to wear off, especially when soloing. The rest of the game doesn't really change much honestly.

12. Break

Break People Like Me

Oh, I do too. I can't think of any mobs that were slowing my pet in Time though. I was specifically talking about the change to curing the Insects and Deeds lines of spells.

The only disease based spell that I can think of that really needs to be cured on my pet is Bertox's dot in Time. Planar renewal isn't on the list of spells that won't cure that. My pet usually dies several times to Quarm, so a disease cure for him has never seemed all that helpful.