Shralok Pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeadSurvivor, May 3, 2023.

1. DeadSurvivor

DeadSurvivor Member

[​IMG]
    I've been camping this elusive item for 3 days and not a single named has spawned. Anyone have luck camping these or come across the named that drops it by sheer luck?

2. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

looks like i have 4 of them spread around on alts, but i ran through highpass a lot and usually checked for orc named otw to highkeep.

There was always rumors that PGT could drop from grenix in east karana, and that shralok packs could drop from kithicor version of recfek, but I don't think that was the case in this era. We only have it dropping from Recfek in highpass.

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    DeadSurvivor likes this.
  3. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I recently camped DA idol, and I saw around 30 sharlok packs rot

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  4. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I'm surprised that item doesn't have a LORE tag.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  5. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

it was flagged as "PENDING-LORE" forever on live, i almost wonder if it should be like that on TAKP. Pending lore was like the "this might become lore in the future" but i cant think of any other items that got that flag

edit: sounds like the flag was removed 11/19/2002

Last edited: May 3, 2023
    DeadSurvivor likes this.
  6. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Funny. I recently tried camping a Shralok Pack for a couple new toons and got several DA idols, but no bags. :(

The named spawn rate was adjusted recently if I remember correctly. (lol - January 2021 it seems - I could have sworn it was a lot more recent than that haha - yay for old brain)
    This was my first time trying to camp one since the change. I definitely noticed the lowered named spawn rate.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  7. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I remember camping the Cracked Darkwood Shield, on the gnoll side, for what feels now like 6 months, and never seeing it drop. It makes me wonder if it is even in the game on this server. I was letting Polished Granite Tomahawks rot, at an incredible rate, from Grenix, but never once saw the CDS drop when Vexven would pop.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  8. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

lurari and DeadSurvivor like this.
  9. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

shield drop rate is 100%

DeadSurvivor, showstring and solar like this.
  10. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

Something is wrong, then, because I gave up on it more than a year ago. I just thought it was a really rare drop. I would have reported it before now, if I had known it was supposed to drop every time.

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    DeadSurvivor likes this.
  11. Torrinn

Torrinn Active Member

I prefer farming my own gear, even when there is better in bazaar.

Ripwind, DeadSurvivor and Radda like this.
  12. DeadSurvivor

DeadSurvivor Member

The "Named" rate is definitely super low. I am guessing it is suppose to be a "prized" drop but sheesh.

13. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

It was lowered a couple of years ago maybe. Shiny idols were flooding the market. That's likely your problem, not that its not dropping but the named you want isn't spawning when you check. Remember all those orcs suicide on guards if not aggroed.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Yeah I reduced the named spawn rates when I rewrote the script. I had an AK log of somebody farming the orcs, and I did some simple estimates based on that.

I checked drop tables in the zone as well. Often there are minor drop chance errors from importing Magelo data that need correcting but if an item was outright missing I would think that I would have mentioned adding it in a note.

DeadSurvivor likes this.
  15. DeadSurvivor

DeadSurvivor Member

Finally, a few days ago, I was lucky enough to zone in and the named was there. He dropped The Shralok Pack. :)

Neealana, Frosst, Mokli and 2 others like this.