Secrets's cool tweaked client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vannari, Oct 13, 2015.

1. louis1016

louis1016 New Member

I didnt redownload the client but I used the v5 fix that secrets posted on rerolled and I am having a problem. When i start the game, the window where I enter login info/etc is too low on my screen. I can not click and drag the window to reposition it on my screen. I hit alt+cntr+r to release the mouse, which works, but when the mouse is released I can not drag the eq window anymore like I could before the fix. Any idea on how to fix this?

2. Tollen

Tollen Member

try a newer version, if that dosnt fix it, how i was able to drag it was use Alt tab tell you get to the eq window, dont let up on alt keep holding it down. use your mouse to grab the top of the window and you should be able to move it.

once moved it shouldnt be a problem

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  3. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

I had that issue but I managed to move the window. I press Windows Key to open the start menu which brings your cursor to the top, then move the cursor over the top of the eq window, and click it once and keep hold, then drag and it moved to where I wanted it. Then log in and play and then log out and when I started the game the next time it was in the place I left it at.

4. vannari

For me the new client is really great. I never get alt sticking anymore, and the second cursor only appeared once briefly in about 5 hours of playing so far. The only issue I have is that I can't use "show desktop" to go to my desktop, because if the game window is minimized I can never get it to come back. Other than that, it's a big improvement for me!

5. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

How are u doing "show desktop"?

6. Tollen

Tollen Member

windows key + D? when i use that i'm able to bring the eq window back up

7. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

Has anyone posted a link on the wiki to the latest version yet? If not, could you please? Interested in trying this out.

Thanks!

8. Tollen

Tollen Member

V10 is on rerolled.

9. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

Cool, thanks. Still this would be a great addition to the Getting Started Guide page on the wiki for someone experienced in wiki editing.

10. vannari

I'm on Win7 and in the very bottom right corner there is a little area which you can click to show the desktop. I do this because I have an alarm clock on my desktop and some other stuff. The button basically just minimizes everything so you can see the desktop.

11. vannari

V10 perfect for me :D Fullscreen looks great and I can even mimimize and show desktop. The minimized windows wont come back if I click them but I can just press my autohotkeys and they pop right back up. It's perfect for me now :)

12. vannari

I used to use dexpot and Secrets told me it isn't completely compatible, and that autohotkey is better. Took 10 mins to setup but now it works like dexpot but much better! It is much faster and slicker. PM me if you need any help with it.

13. Tollen

Tollen Member

seems like when my display falls asleep client crashes. I dont have my HHD sleep just display

14. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

This happened even with eqw. I'll look into a fix though.

15. Tollen

Tollen Member

never had it happen with trader up all night long. ill check my settings again

16. vannari

Yeah I've never had that happen and I afk plenty. Although any time I try to run another program after the game is already running, it will usually shut down all my game clients instantly. Could be related to that.

17. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

I've had that happen every time. Even if I change a monitor out. (disconnect one and reconnect)

18. Secrets

Secrets Well-Known Member

Anything that can cause your display to reset will cause the game to crash.

I'll look into a fix like I said but it's gonna be a pain :(

19. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Anything like UAC dimming display does it too. Maybe ur power saving mode is dimming display?

20. furst

furst Member

Ya my monitors turn off with out crashing the game. Weird it must be a setting.

21. souske

souske Well-Known Member

Where can i get the files since the links on here have been removed?

22. sourdiesel

sourdiesel Active Member

rerolled

23. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Love the fact that alt - tab works now without occasionally locking up. Only problems I have are that I can't move the window (focus always jumps to inside the window) and gamma doesn't seem to work anymore. As a blind lowbie Druid, I never realized how much I missed that.

24. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Also, the border dies when you minimize and restore the window.

And the login and game windows don't stay to where I place them, after logging all the way in and camping normally. I use three monitors if that's what's causing an issue. A 27" and two 19".

Doesn't seem like you can use different resolutions (or general settings) for each window either. For example, I set the x/y offsets for each window, but since there are two different resolutions it will default to the one that was last set.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  25. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

I'm having an issue using multiple installs. I'd prefer key bindings to be specific to the install (druid Forage+Sense heading as I move and every else just sense heading), but they seem to be sharing them despite having the HotkeyNet script go to the 3 separate installs. They also share the last login username. Ideas?

26. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

No cure for that, that I've found. I had that issue as well. I then combined them into the same folder, unfortunately some settings are shared between the windows then such as resolution, sound settings, etc.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  27. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Unfortunately I cannot get my login window to stay in place. I recorded it to demonstrate the issue.

Using a clean install of eqmule 2.2 with Secrets EQMac Windows Hack v10. None of the .INI files nor the TAKP folder are marked as "read only". Any suggestions?

28. vannari

I'm not sure, since I got the new version it has been off my screen a bit too but I just left it there for now because I have the windows hidden so I can't move it.

29. shortok

shortok People Like Me

30. shortok

shortok People Like Me

First wouldnt launch because MSVCP140.dll was missing. Copied that into eq folder. Got this:
    [​IMG]
    Sadness. Tried tweaking/disabling compatibility, admin/no-admin. Gave regular user full control to folder. No fix.

Win7, all updates installed, dual AMD 280x.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015