Raiding Guide/Polcies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zarwayne, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarwayne

Zarwayne Guest

This will be updated later as data becomes available.
    Guild leaders/GM's are the only authorized posters in this thread. (Violators will be banned, you have been warned.)

New Server raiding policy is thus: Rotation - as voted on by the server (majority rules).
    *Note: Any attempt to circumvent this rotation will be met with extreme prejudice; no exceptions.*
    Initial Rotation starts as follows:

Open - Qualifying, anyone currently not in rotation can attempt the mob, if it's up all week it's up all week (this will change later).

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
    Kagatob and Oiwon like this.
  2. Bottyburp1

Bottyburp1 New Member

Fine with the rest of the rotation but the above needs to be addressed straight away. A mob not being attempted by anyone just sits there when there is a potential of 2-3 guilds that could kill it. If someone decides to kill iton day 7 of it being up, again it just pushes the rotation back exponentially and there are already a handful of us trying to get squabble our way through just 2 dragons a week. This would make it 2 dragons a month potentially! I have noted you said this will change but if you need a timeframe to put in there from the off, make it 48 hours. A week is absurd.

3. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

I take it then that Phinny is not being considered a raid target (I know it was considered such back in the original EQ) and that it will be a FFA as well?

4. Zarwayne

Zarwayne Guest

Phinny will be considered an FFA target unless it becomes an issue then we will address it.
    as far as the 7th day rule we may periodically reset the spawn timer to re-align the rotations.

I also need guilds attempting her to schedule with me in advance so I can be there for qualifying and whatnot until we get a better system in place. please PM me at-least 24-hours in advance if possible. if I am on send me a tell; you can also CC speedz. between the two of us someone is almost always on.

5. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Also to note, next server reset the 12 hour variance should be reduced to 1 hour to make rotations less obnoxious to maintain and player track.
    Dragons will be GM repopped today to kick off the rotation.

6. Reiker

Reiker New Member

Nagafen is dead.

[​IMG]

7. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

gratz DR. Also, if naggy is taken next week, when will be the next open period? We're just now getting our core up around 50 in Austerity and would like to give him a go soon.

Rdyott likes this.
  8. Trisi

Trisi People Like Me

Congrats to all in Divine Right!

9. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

How did the 2nd week go? Anyone downed Vox?

10. xate

xate Active Member

Don't think anyone even tried. I don't mean to be Debbie Downer but I feel the need to point out the obvious, people who aren't capable of raiding current high end content voted in a raid policy that just sucks for people who can. Not sure how often 'open' weeks are planned but it's a big F you to guilds actually playing here that they have to leave content up for a week with nobody even setting foot in the zone because Johnny McNewb, who is lvl 35, was concerned there'd be nothing for him to raid when he reaches 50 in June and that's not fair.

-Adaephon Delat, Starvald Demelain

11. phillips323

phillips323 New Member

A whole week to down a mob is a bit much. A 24-48 hour window should be more than enough time to engage a mob, and even try again a few times. If any guild cannot take her down in that window, the mob should become FFA. This would allow everyone to have their fair shot at taking raid targets and allow for a little bit of competition, key word, little. I think most people would be in favor of this, at least the few we've chatted with agree.

Betty, Austerity

12. Smugg

Smugg New Member

I agree, the FFA system would of worked better, but that is neither here nor there.

13. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

With basically 2 raid mobs, they should wait til Kunark to start enforcing a rotation. Yes, the masses have spoken. However, just not needed yet. Imho.

H

14. Zarwayne

Zarwayne Guest

My account tools are a bit limited at present so I'm not going to ban anyone but I will underscore the following:
    we are however going to review this rotation business... I will start a separate discussion for that. rotation is set; how we handle it may change a bit.

15. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

Seems a bit counterintuitive to me that the guild who got the "open" kill wouldn't have that count as their rotation kill until the next round. Doesn't particularly hurt/help anyone, but that seems to be the most logical route IMHO.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  16. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

Also, Austerity is strongly in favor of an FFA period opening up after 24 or 48 hours of a boss being alive. IMHO, the rotation will work best if it has some elements of FFA attached to it. Provides stronger reasons for players to log in, and also prevents mobs from sitting up all week (Vox). There's no point in giving people a full week to kill something when they can plan in advance for when it will be up. 24 hours (or even 48) is plenty of notice/time for a guild to kill at their leisure. No reason to give a full on week - with the lone exception perhaps being an "open" period, which, quite honestly, 72 hours would be plenty for that.

17. Zarwayne

Zarwayne Guest

the reason we wanted to give more time is simply that our raiding periods are starting on sunday; if the dragon on open cycle gets pushed to mid-week It will become difficult for weekend guilds to get in on the rotation. this is why a 24-48 hour window is not preferred at this time.

18. xate

xate Active Member

We are in a position where Vox loot is going to rot 2 weeks out of every 3 weeks, don't you think we're bending over a little too much for guilds that can't kill dragons? Maybe when ROK is out and there's a new high end content tier for "bleeding edge" guilds to do, that would be a more appropriate time to bend over for guilds that still want to kill dragons, but not when dragons are the only content available at the moment.

This is getting silly, there's more than one way to acquire dragon loot. Instead of killing dragons, you can trade for dragon loot, but we have basically squashed that route as well since Vox is set to stay up without anyone even trying to kill her 2/3rds of the time.

edit: er I meant 1/2 the time not 2/3rds, i suck at math

-Adaephon Delat, Starvald Demelain

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  19. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

If a guild can't scrounge up the number of people needed to kill a dragon during the week, should they really be on the "rotation?" I totally get the idea behind it (and approve of it ... F poopsocking), but at some point are we allowing a small % of the population to dictate to the larger % how to play? Would probably prefer it the other way around to some extent. Especially if the spawn rates are going to be 1 per week. I think if there was discussion to shorten the timers to 3 or 5 days, then you would be able to get a better response about giving multiple days for a guild that can't get enough activity to down one of the only 2 bosses for an entire week.

Side note: if a guild that wants to be on the rotation has to do kills on the weekend, wouldn't it just be possible to start the "rotation" on, say, a Friday or a Thursday? And auto repop the dragon on the start date? If predictability with when raids will happen is the goal of this server (seems like a fine intent to me), then why not pull out all the stops to make it work for everyone? Then it would be more reasonable to have a 48 hour to FFA limit on the mob (If Destiny raids Saturday, then they have enough time to get members online), and if they don't or can't, then the rest of us can have a bit of competition (which would no doubt stimulate the server).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  20. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Chiming in in the spirit of constructive discussion here!

So the main concerns from the two camps here seem to be 1) wanting the freedom to raid any day of the week, and 2) not having another guilds decision to raid later in the week reduce the number of spawns in a given time period (year?) for everyone else on the server. I don't know if the devs would be on board with this sort of thing but how bout something like this:

Example:

All raid mobs respawn Friday night at 9 PM (pick your time zone). Server announcement, "mobs up enjoy!"
    Guilds have 1 week to kill their mobs. If they decide to do it later in the week it doesnt adversely affect anyone else.
    Mobs that are left up until 5 PM the following friday become FFA until they despawn at 8:30PM. Server announcement at 5 PM, "Leftovers now FFA!"

This would let everyone have their cake and eat it too. A little bit of competition for those that seek it to clean up the weeks spawns from 5-8:30 on friday nights. Guilds can plan their raids for any night of the week. No one should be worried about mobs being left up by another guild for any amount of time. And no one should be denied spawns by people more or less active.

Would people be interested in this sort of thing?

21. Zarwayne

Zarwayne Guest

ok, stop posting in this thread reguarding changes to the rotation; make a new thread for that... It doesn't belong here.

22. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

One naggy week in 4 weeks for Starvald? Doesn't seem fair. Divine right broke up so technically that should have become an 'open week' that became Austerity's and This week should belong to Starvald. Instead you have made it 2 open weeks in a row. It's pretty obvious who the "Barbie's" belong to..

Nice guys.. SMH

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  23. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

Lady Vox down 3/24 around 830 PM pacific time

24. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Grats on the kill Austerity..

Anyone care to explain how it's fair that there are 2 open weeks in a row and how Starvald only gets 1 Naggy kill for the month with only 2 guilds in rotation?

Zarwayne you are circumventing your own rotation and i am meeting it with extreme prejudice.. with all due respect.
    Also i know i'm not supposed to be posting here but since everyone else has i guess it doesn't matter.

25. feret2000

feret2000 New Member

I totally understand your frustration, man. I'll say this: the GMs are working hard to try to find a way to make everyone happy. It definitely hasn't been smooth, but I do think that once things are up and running with the rotation, this kind of thing will happen less.

26. Oiwon

Oiwon People Like Me

Dude the rotation has been running.
    Last week was Divine Rights, then it became 'open' because they broke up.. so you guys got the open week grats!.. So this week SHOULD BE Starvald's and next week should be open.
    It's really simple. But noooooo... Destiny get's this week somehow handed to them. Real fair

If the GM's are going to be involved in the rotation i hope they can look at things objectively.

27. krenar

krenar New Member

just go in and kill it no 1 cares! :)

28. Smackage

Smackage New Member

If that is the case then is pretty sad.

29. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

removed-

30. Cerebro

Cerebro Member

Oiwon Im pretty sure Naggy is due to repop wednesday or thursday this week. And last I heard from the GMs friday repops were still a go. So starvald should kill naggy wednesday or thursday this week. Destiny kills naggy saturday after the forced GM friday repop. Austerity kills naggy the week of April 3rd to 9th then starvald then destiny and so on. Nothing to complain about there? It is as you wanted it in your above posts.

Vox is due to repop this friday also? I haven't heard anything about destiny trying her this weekend yet so I am assuming this weekends Vox is also Starvalds. Might want to just confirm with Destiny on that one.

And confirm with one of the GMs that friday repop is still a go this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.