Progression?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazlan, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

I just learned from one of the other posts on these forums that we will not be starting in pop. What era will we start in? Does that mean no pok books for easy travel then?

2. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Classic, because they have to test each expansion before it releases so its progression so that we can actually play. No PoK until PoP.

3. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Yea PoP is no where even close to done. We have yet to start on Kunark really.
    Classic still has some finishing touches and the bugs need to be chased out as well before we advance.

4. Aerili

Aerili Member

I'm really enjoying Classic without the temptations of the other conveniences.

5. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I want those dirty naughty temptations.

6. Aerili

Aerili Member

Veksar would be nice.

The one expansion I always wished we had on AK was LoY - both the zones and the TS improvements. Frogs, not so much.

7. furst

furst Member

oh come on who wouldnt want to do backflips all day.

8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I love the idea of starting with the original game, and taking the expansions one at a time. See and do it all!

9. furst

furst Member

Ive played progression each time its came up on the live servers, it is by far the most fun I have had in eq. Classic is always the most boring but kunark is just around the corner, which is one of the best expansions. Then my favorite Velious!

10. Aerili

Aerili Member

Agreed!

11. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Classic boring, kunark cutthroat, velious brings out the worst in everyone, then prelude to greatness luclin followed by pax everquestia, PoP (my favorite, velious is boring when you are 60 with NTOV gear, no AA's = nothing to do)

12. furst

furst Member

you know how long it takes to gear a full raid tho in velious, plus NToV raids are epic, tho I always played a cleric at that time, so I would just stare at a wall for hours at a time.

13. wharhogg

wharhogg Member

Velious is the best raiding xpac released in any game.....EVER. So many raids and so many gearing steps along the way.

14. scrubber

scrubber New Member

Looking forward to classic naggy /vox raids, looking for missing corpses in the lava outside naggy lair, people running around from dragon fear...

15. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

PoP > velious for me. In terms of group, stuff to do at max level (quests and all) and raids. While I like raiding dragons, I prefer the scripted PoP events of RZtW, coirnav, xegony, TRC and time.

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

PoP destroys Velious in raiding content.

Theres more of it, it provides more of a challenge, there is far more variety, all classes have worth in PoP raids...

All 4 PoP EP gods tested different aspects of your raid. Ability to offtank mobs (Xegony/Rathe council). Ability to handle long events (Xegony/Rathe Council). Ability to focus and bust out an event quickly (Coirnav). Ability to pull/split (Fennin/Rathe Council). Importance of Positioning (Xegony/Fennin). Importance of Mez/Stun CC (Coirnav/Rathe Council). Ability to burn DPS (Coirnav/Rathe Council).

Thats not even mentioning the other 100 PoP events. No expansion will ever compare to PoP's glory. And thats only the raiding aspect. Not to mention the grouping/soloing, quests, tradeskills, lore...

Velious there were still plenty of classes that were stupidly useless on raids. And I feel like there wasn't too much variety in the raids :/. The main thing that made Velious cool was the faction system. If it were done a bit better, it would've been great. NToV dragons killing your faction with good dragons was dumb.

The different sects of the races could've been done better too. Tormax vs. Kromzek. Coldain vs. Dain. Claws of Veeshan vs. Evil Dragons (NToV/Zlandicar/ST). Like you could be hated by Kromzek and loved by Tormax. Same with CoV / Evil Dragons and Coldain / Dain.

There should've been a better way of handling it all / balancing your faction (though obviously you should remain KoS to atleast one of them.)

17. Suiddaru

Suiddaru Member

Velious had, by far, the best integration of plot, immersion, character and storytelling.

POP was the bomb for gameplay.

If Omens of War or Gates of Discord had actually managed to combine Velious level story development with POP or DON gameplay I would have had the karmic equivilant of orgasm.

18. furst

furst Member

GoD puts PoP to shame, but boy do those raids get old fast, especially having to flag a whole raid.

19. Kazlan

Kazlan New Member

What will max level be at first. When does it change?

20. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

50 - classic
    60 - kunark
    60 - velious
    60 - luclin (AA's are introduced here)
    65 - PoP (More AA's are introduced here)