Post a photo of your alkabor char!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by actualspaide, Jul 4, 2015.

1. actualspaide

actualspaide People Like Me

While looking through photos for one of jazper i found some good ones of spaide and id like to see some of yours of your chars also![​IMG]

Ghakim likes this.
  2. Zetro

Zetro Member

I just browsed through pics of various god and dragon fights but I think I'll post a 2008 pic of me hanging out with a fellow SK guildie. I joked that the ogre would demand I perch on his wrist and announce the time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Ravenwing and actualspaide like this.
  3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

[​IMG]

I think that was the only time I ever logged them all in at the same time. It's missing my 65 Beastlord but he was mostly just created to be a MGB Paragon bot for some PoTime fights.

Ghakim and actualspaide like this.
  4. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

All of your old graphic toons hurts my eyes. Luclin models are so much better.

Khorpus likes this.
  5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

As a boxer, the Old Model+Horse graphics bug is impossible to live without after experiencing it.

You don't have annoying horses obstructing your first person view.
    You aren't hindered by slow startup speed or bad 10% run speed when your Run3 or F/SoE is faster
    You still regenerate mana when outdoors (without having to sit down is enormous when 3 boxing)

Coming from PC I used Luclin models, I switched to classic ones partially to reduce lag on the PC client and partially (and mostly after experiencing it) due to the Horse bug.

Quite possibly that was one of the best quirks about AK that took a poorly designed mechanic and fixed it, totally on accident.

6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Hrm, let's see...

[​IMG]

A typical day on Al'Kabor. I'm at the bottom of the screen.

[​IMG]

Group shot! Another typical day. I'm sixth from the left.

[​IMG]

Hanging with friends. I'm the darkelf in purple toward the middle.

[​IMG]

And a new model picture of the monk, courtesy of Redleaf. I'm sure we're running away from something.

Neealana, Starsha and Zetro like this.
  7. Tollen

Tollen Member

GM even in arena. good times

[​IMG]

8. Senan

Senan New Member

I know this is a necro (and I've been a ghost around here for a long time) but I've been lurking again recently and your post caught my eye. I was curious to know what you're referring to with the "Old Model+Horse graphics" thing? Do you mean that it's possible to get the benefits of riding a mount while using classic models on this server; you just don't see the mount? That would be so effing awesome if true. I've always been a much bigger fan of using classic models but I typically found myself switching to Luclin models on official servers because I hated the thought of losing out on mount bonuses. It's been a long time, but I seem to recall the human classic model being the only one able to use mounts on official, so I just always assumed it was the same here as well.

Also, on a totally unrelated note, does anyone happen to know if fear kiting is possible on Tak now? That's one of the main reasons I decided to take a break from the server. All the warping from mobs made it nearly impossible to fear kite with my SK.

9. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Don't know about on TAK server, but using old model graphics with a horse mount was a known "glitch" on AK that allowed you to equip a horse but not see it, but you still got the mana regen of sitting down. Additionally, you ran normal (with usual Run3 speed) so those with slow horses weren't penalized by slow speeds or the typical trotting of starting to run, or trotting to slow down. No horse was seen, but the benefits of one were enjoyed via mana regen... it was marvelous.

I don't think the warping has been resolved yet, it's still in discussion and in-work, from what I've read via the forums recently.

Senan likes this.
  10. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

A few of the Ranjas of Destiny Circa 2009 (Lyrad was probably off doing something important)

ranjas09.jpg

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    Lyrad and Lenas like this.
  11. Kuron

Kuron People Like Me

The Luclin models are HORRIBLE. Those creepy dead eyes, the overly-smooth textures. *shudder* They look like the aborted nightmares of Jim Henson.

Cutty likes this.
  12. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

I am in one of RW's shots. The VT one.

13. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

I look like Captain Kirk in Classic Models.

14. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

Found a picture of Hyacinth aGRpGgG_700b_v1.jpg

15. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

Wonder if he is singing manasong?

gardnerjens likes this.
  16. Senan

Senan New Member

Sorry for the delay; I haven't been around much lately.

Thanks for the clarification! I had no idea that AK had a gitch (or hell, I'd even call it a feature) like that. I hope it will exist here too so I can use the classic models and not have to sacrifice the mana regen because of it. I hated having to do that on the live servers.

It's a shame the warping thing is still an issue, but with all the work the devs must be swamped with, I can understand it's likely not a priority. If I can get some time, I might get things going with my SK/Shaman duo again. I should be able to get some leveling done with them, even without fear kiting.

17. gardnerjens

gardnerjens People Like Me

Best coment ever! He might be wielding the gypsy lute aswell