List of Items That Can be Recharged

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Stark, Sep 14, 2016.

1. John Stark

John Stark People Like Me

Did Al'Kabor have its own list of items that could be recharged via the vendor sell and re-buy trick?

Is there a list somewhere of which items can be recharged by this method on this server, or would such a list basically be the same as Live EQ in 2002ish?

I searched the forum, and found some threads that state that recharging does work here, but have not found a server-specific list of items that can be recharged.

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Anything that can be sold to a vendor can be vendor-recharged. Some things will be prohibitively expensive to buy back, however.

3. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Basically anything that has charges and is not marked as expendable.

4. John Stark

Thanks for the replies!

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

A few important items worth mentioning:

Midnight Mallet - 320pp buyback- 5 Charges of Walking Sleep - Good for tanks on raids to pull aggro at the beginning of a fight. Also marginally useful in a critical fight to slow a mob if you do not have access to a real slow, typically saved for a named spawn or in a desperation move.
    Puppet Strings - 420 pp buyback - 10 Charges of Allure - Good for tanks on raids to pull aggro at the beginning of a fight. Also useful to charm a mob in a critical fight, charm caps at level 51, so very useful in Kunark/Classic, marginally useful in Velious, stops being useful in Luclin/PoP due to how many mobs are 52+.
    Slowstone Amber - 250 pp buyback - 3 Charge of Shiftless Deads - Monk Only - Good for monks soloing to have a very potent slow, also its good for tagging a mob out of a bard's kite, and with 250-Range its an option in specific scenarios where a projectile won't work.
    Bladestopper - 220 pp buyback - 10 Charges of Rune IV - Useful for a tank to pull aggro on multiple mobs they are on the hate list of, or useful for a bard to gain aggro on everything they happen to be kiting for an AE pull or some such activity.
    Ring of Shadows - 20 pp buyback - 3 Charges of Gather Shadows - Instant Invis clicky that is rechargable, invaluable for any non-druid/ranger to have one or two. Comes in cheaper than Cloudy Potions and takes up less bag slots for more charges.
    Wooly Spider Silk Nets - 20 pp buyback - 3 Charges of Root - Instant root has any number of uses. As a much cheaper initial aggro clicky / aggro to pull a mob out of a bard's kited train etc. Also its very valuable to be able to root lock down several mobs in a hurry with this clicky.
    Earring of Frozen Skull - 4 gold buyback - 4 Charges of Divine Aura - 1 second cast time - DA has any number of uses, with AK's server code though DA acts as a hate dump, allowing a caster like a Magician or Druid to cast this and drop their hate value to a base initial aggro value after a long fight of nuking. Also useful for a wizard so they can forego casting Concussions if they want / don't have EP pants.
    Crypt Master's Conjuring Stone - 720~pp buyback - 1 Charge of Conjure Corpse - Corpse summon on any character has its values.

The PoHate/Fear Wands - Wand of Conflagration, Allure, Swords, Lava, Souls, Darkness - 250 pp buyback - 3-4 Charges of a few spells, specific to certain casters. The most notable are probably Allure which offers an Enchanter 3 instant Allure charges, extremely useful to cover a dicey charm break. Also the Wand of Souls provides Necromancers an instant 1k Lifetap if you spam out the charges and you don't get resists, but this wand only drops from a mini rather than trash mobs.

10 Dose SoW Potions and Damage Shield Potions end up being more cost effective to recharge via a vendor if you only use 9/10 charges and keep your 1-charge potions, you usually need to stock up about 3-4 of these 1-charge-remaining-10 dosers to make it cost effective. But from a laziness standpoint this beats out recrafting them.

I believe those would be the primary uses of vendor recharging when Al'Kabor was active or on this server. Though from what I've seen most people seem to just quest new Midnight Mallets for some reason?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Last time I bought back a crypt master stone it was like 1600pp

7. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

Raider skullcap? Aka WC port cap.

Hoodlum and Elrontaur like this.
  8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Crypt is 1600(3200 min)

9. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

That value for Conjuring stone is not the one we had on AK. It was definitely around 2.1k. I used it frequently. Mainly because I died frequently in really dumb places.

Really dumb places.

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Ah yes WC cap is one I forgot. 90 play buyback for an instant West Commons self port.

Also Larrikan's Mask which is like 1 platinum buyback 10 charges of invis.

Crypt stone I don't think I ever recharged but I bought 2 for science purposes... Then the server got shut down.

Hoodlum likes this.
  11. sowislifesowislove

Wow nice. Was locket of escape ever on this server? If not, did a way for melee to bind ever pop up in Luclin or PoP?

12. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

locket was disabled pretty early in kunark I think, so I doubt AK had any.

13. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Al'Kabor had 2 or 3 from GM events to my understanding but I don't believe any were active during the last year or two of AK being up.

Melee cannot bind in PoM. Bind a cleric up there and be sure to Rez any melee within their Rez timer!

14. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Five were given out to the winners of a GM-run scavenger hunt. Wellmine and I got two of 'em, and I think Tarkon bought a third from somebody. Not sure who won the other two. Unfortunately, I seem to remember that the vendor buyback turned out to be pretty steep.

15. sowislifesowislove

Yea i know p99 was selling a charge for around 30k or something due to the steep charge.

16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The buyback on P99 is set to 10500~ or so. No idea if that is correct or not though.

Likely doesn't matter since we will probably never see them on this server.

17. John Stark

18. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Yes but it isn't cost effective.

Sells for 76 buyback is 420. So for recharging just one it costs around 760~ plat.

John Stark likes this.
  19. John Stark

Appreciate the reply. Was thinking 6 charges of 150 point life tap with a -200 MR check could come in handy in a dicey situation.

20. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I've heard of people getting tons of these kinds of things and using them to kill Trakanon.

21. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

That’s where the phrase “If you don’t hoop you don’t loot” (or something very similar) came from on P99. Trakanon kills would just be 40 people spamming Ivandyrs and vendor recharging them after.

It certainly has some value but by the time you’re in late PoP the amount of damage and healing it provides isn’t high enough to really matter.

That being said the very first PoTime god to die on this server died to a wizard spamming 3 charges of Conflagration from a PoHate wand when about 12 people were still alive in zone. So little things can tip the scales rarely.

Radda, dalidali, Break and 3 others like this.