Out of Range (distance) xp bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slade, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Sverder

Sverder Well-Known Member

I also remember grouping in all of those places during the original release, and not just because other areas were full. Lake Rathetear especially saw a lot of action from my memory. With the arena right there, the aviak camps were a convenient place than I can remember grouping at multiple times. In the gorge, the evil eyes usually saw a small caster/priest group for the bracer drops. A group near the EK zone line was common for mino axes and the BP from the rare named. Dagnors was a natural extension for a small group of dwarves to explore, often setting up near the camp of good guys straight out from the BB zone tunnel.

2. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

Thats TT. :p

Hunting near the Fab Four in dagnors kinda sucked, they loved to attack your pulls if they got all chasey and would attack some evil pcs too. I liked the camps near unrest better.

3. Qelana

Qelana Member

Does anyone know the new range they have to be within for xp? It seems I'm having to carry my healer up my skirt for her to get xp but maybe that's just my playing style.

4. Tryfan

Tryfan People Like Me

I was missing exp doing pulling in UP the other day, it was fairly annoying.

DubRemix88, Foxboxx and Qelana like this.
  5. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

In PoP it was quite normal for the raid to not get xp if the Monk was too far out. Not sure if that was the case on AK.

6. Break

Break People Like Me

My memory of AK was that the puller often missed exp if the mob died while they were out of range.

7. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

I feel that the range limit for exp is too short. On AK a puller at fiends in PoV would get exp up to about halfway through the 2nd leg of the tunnel. Sara was missing out on exp at what felt like much closer distances. Having these ranges too short is a detriment to group play with an active chain puller, but only a minor inconvenience to boxed squads that tend to stay close to each other using autofollow.

8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Exp range is 500 units. (or slightly larger depending on relative positioning due to how we check it) I measured this on AK in Fungus Grove. I also just checked Live servers: the range is still 500 units. (I checked in PoValor)

Mechaike and Cadsuane like this.
  9. Saenayil

Saenayil People Like Me

Thanks for the info Torven. 500 units seems reasonable looking at a few maps. Is this limit different in some zones? It seemed Sara was within the 500 unit range in UP and not getting exp.

10. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Our range is the same for all zones. I haven't checked Sony's servers in more than those two zones but I highly doubt it's variable.

Mechaike and Saenayil like this.