New here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anasterian, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Anasterian

Anasterian New Member

Hello everyone!

Im new here, trio is currently level 15 and been living off of these MGB's (thank you btw!)

I searched forums for similar threads regarding low level money making to get by on spells but it seems like that market is super saturated. Even if it is saturated are people really still buying bulks of Spiderling Silk, Condensed (something I forget the full name) and pelts?

Hell one guy even offered services as like low level farming tradeskill mats.

Is there anything I should be looking to do present day (all those posts are pretty old and some pre-PoP I believe)?

Also, people mention someone being kind and handing out low level quest for a few plat and gear to get started, where can I get that going? =)

P.S. - I have received hand me downs given out for free, this server is so generous!

2. CTroi

CTroi Member

I am in the same situation... Spells are so expensive! It is a real struggle. And gear, that is difficult to get to drop starting out... I have farmed spiderling silks, but it seems they don't sell very often. Just a couple here and there.

I agree, the players on this realm are super nice and helpful! Special shout out to Hakeem! He is our HERO going above and beyond helping on a difficult CR last!

3. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Early game money makers on this server are generally limited to farming tradeskill components and selling them.

My new players post here has a few ideas.

Because most of these money makers are dependent on buyers they obviously will be reliant on several players be actively raising those tradeskills at that time. This goes in waves as people decide to raise their mains tradeskills or decide to raise an Alts for either Shawl or Aid Grimel questing.

Of all the options available to pre-40s characters I think things like Silk Swatches/Spider Silks and Heady Kiola are the most frequently consumed as people generally need them to get to 158 Tailoring for Shawl 8, and outside of some Elemental/Time raid gear the 20% buff extension focus isn’t replaced plus 3 FT shoulders are strong for most characters.

Raw platinum or pure vendorable ways of raising platinum will require you often be at least 40+ to get any decent. Stuff like Hill Giants, Ice Giants or Grimling infinity spawns are the first okay options.

CTroi likes this.
  4. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

Levelling a trio and having to buy 2 or 3 sets of spells is rough until you can kill something that drops fine steel weapons. You kind of just have to struggle through it, or get lucky with selling ts'ing components like mentioned. Just buy the spells you need, and fill in your book once you have some levels.

CTroi likes this.
  5. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

6. pivoo

pivoo People Like Me

"
    My favorite early camp in this era is in Shadeweaver's Thicket (Shar Val stone in PoK). Go north near the entrance to the tunnels to PC. Kill every "a lesser shade" (level 5ish mob) you see near the tunnel entrance
    . Sell the silk and the swirling shadows in the bazaar. Silk 5-15p each and swirling shadows 40p give or take each. You can make around 1k per hour there at level 8. That was one of the first things I did when I came to this server. Made about 5k there and got some nice starter gear for my toons before I leveled them. Sure makes things easier while playing those early levels and unable to find groups.
    "
    original post #6:
    Where do people go to make plat here?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    CTroi likes this.
  7. CTroi

CTroi Member

All very good information, thank you! I have been farming spiderling silks. I have read the new to server message thread, but seems to be slow-going. Maybe just a lull due to PoP coming out? I will check out the second and third links. I have read so much the last week, not sure if I have read those or not...

Even though I am poor, still having a blast!