Necrosis scarabs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thucydides, Nov 28, 2015.

1. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

Had all three spawn as necrosis scarabs at once. Heard mixed opinions on whether or not thats a bug.

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

My best recollection is that the necrosis scarab should only spawn in the center position.

3. Seduce

Seduce Member

+1

Necrosis is a center spawn with 2 scarbs on either side. Both the PC live and Al'Kabor were both in this manner.

Best,

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  4. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

This is also my experience.
    Only other server I played on was PEQ and if I recall that spawn was weird so it might cloud people's memory of that camp.
    PEQ I remember any of the 3 spots would spawn it, but never saw 3 at once.
    No idea about p99.

AK and live was always 1 in center for me.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

I don't think it should be possible for more than one to be up, had never seen it before the other day.

6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

According to http://eq.magelo.com/npc/98295, it can spawn in those 3 places. not sure about the one up ahead.

I can always make it so only 1 can spawn at any given time.

7. robregen

I went ahead and split up the spawns. The center one will always have a higher chance to spawn than the other two so it should be very very rare if 3 ever spawn at once.

8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

A quick look at some of the other named in Magelo suggests it's not to be trusted on spawn locations: three spawn points listed for Gruplinort, ten for Emperor Chottal, forty-three for the froglok ostiary.

Still, this seems like a good compromise.

9. robregen

yeah those data could be from pulling or aggroed to a different area. something similar to that.