Lunar forecast?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Videri-Tala, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Videri-Tala

Videri-Tala Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell us some of the best things to do in Luclin? I'm thinking about roaming around with my trio looking for adventure and treasure. And is there anything I should do to prepare? Are we gonna need a bunch of some random potion, or like max disease resist for something?

For example, I've heard I should stockpile some essence emeralds because everyone will want to put their exp toward alternate advancement and we'll all stop sac'ing each other.

krakmojo likes this.
  2. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Acquire platinum to buy your horses and solstice earrings.

Videri-Tala likes this.
  3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Horses, solstice ears, seru ear quest (at least 1-3, 4 if praes aren't rotated), try some vampyre troubles for a loyalist shield - camp the deep for component free levitation, Elysians for druid armor, the various UP/ME named for shits and giggles. There's a 30 ac ear in ME from some mob. For bards there's tiny cloak as well as VOTS in ssra.

To name a little bit.

Mokli likes this.
  4. Foxhorde

Foxhorde People Like Me

Collecting the vt shards is an idea. Not sure of your guild or anything so it may be awhile before you can complete the quest but collecting the shards will take you to most of the zones in luclin and let you get a good feel for the exspansion

Videri-Tala likes this.
  5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The answer to this mostly depends on what you play (1-2-3 box and the combination), the guild you are in and whether you like quests or camps.

6. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

The value of collecting VT shards if you can't kill emperor in luclin is very low. Unless a guild starts sellin wraith drops lol.

7. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This.

Emperor Key has value in the item itself even if you don't intend on doing Emp.

Seru Earring #3 is a very difficult quest to box because those Concillium Report NPCs wreck at level 60. Even then, the earring isn't that incredible with Solstice Earring available, a few other options in Luclin and a few of the Chardok options already available. I hope to Tunare that the Praesertum are rotated on this server otherwise that will be a total cluster. Regardless the unslowable one won't be 3-boxable and the other 3 will be damn near impossible to box in era I think. You'd need a very specialized class makeup to pull it off and some decent luck on charm durations and slow Resists.

Etc.

So knowing your character classes, your guild/expected level of raiding and preference of farm / quest will better help us answering your question.

You are correct that come Luclin everyone will sink their EXP into AAs and stop sacrificing toons. But at this point I suspect most guilds are flush with EEs to Key their entire guild of mains and Alts. I know we have enough EEs banked to Key all our mains and relevant raiding boxes. This doesn't even count the stacks I know I and others have for their own personal use on Necro Rezzes or their own crappy box Key. So not really much market in EEs but if you intend to raid VT it would be handy to get 10 or so to Key any and all Alts you may want to have in VT in the future.

8. Videri-Tala

Thank you for the suggestions thus far.
    • save up plat for horses (how much?)
    • gather solstice earring components for every char with a mana pool

Excuse me, what are you implying? I look forward to kicking every butt on the moon with <Nephilim>, thank you very much.

And thanks, I hope others can learn from this thread to level the playing field; but as for me, I play bst/nec/clr. Considering leveling a paladin or shaman to sub in, but I love how tough my trio is. And I've been known to roll up my sleeves and camp things for days at a time, but I LOVE quests.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

It's been a really long time but I wanna say the cheapest ones are in the 8k neighborhood?

I should probably get on and grind some gems.

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I gotta start saving for horses too.

11. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Horses are 8,750 at the cheapest speed and the worst colors (Tan/Brown). Getting better colors (White/Black) and the better speeds costs you more.

• Farm anywhere for important AAs.
    • Get stuff for Solstice Earrings. I suspect you will be able to buy a full set for around 10-15k to start off, will come down as the server lives longer.
    • Do the Emperor Key ring for all of your characters as it is likely better than all of your rings.
    • Rallic Pack quest if you need a giant 10 slot 85% WR bag on any character.
    • Farm Bracelet of XXXX in Umbral Planes off mini named mobs. +15 Stat and +6sv All. Decent for some classes.

Beastlord -

• Beastlord epic.
    • Farm for Emperor Bane Weapons from the Ssra basement.
    • Farm for Seru Bane Weapons, specifically Fungoid Saps in the Deep.
    • Yellow Fang Earring camp - If you use your beastlord as a tank and need that AC.

Cleric -

• Buy your spells in Shadow Haven. (Ethereal Light/Remedy/Elixir, Hammer of Judgment, Yaulp V).
    • Camp your Ssraeshza Temple spells (Hammer of Divinity, Blessed Armor of the Risen, Judgment) they drop from trash.
    • Raid to get Remove Greater Curse (Rhag1/Arch Lich), Marzin's Mark (High Priest only) and Blessing of Aego (many raid mobs) - alternatively buy these after a month or two if your guild has tough luck on spell drops.... don't expect to buy RGC for many months or ever in the case of Marzin's Mark. Limited raid mobs dropping select spells on most popular box class = rare spells.
    • Shield of Bane Warding quest is fun, but if you have solid Velious gear it isn't worth the time.

Necromancer -

• Camp your Ssraeshza Temple spells (Mind Wrack).
    • Raid to get Funeral Pyre (many raid mobs) - alternatively buy this after a month or two if your guild has tough luck on spell drops.

12. Amirite

Amirite Well-Known Member

well dald, you may as well keep going for all the classes. you know you want to.

Videri-Tala likes this.
  13. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Bumloans from The Iron Bank of Bums is your answer for your horse needs.

14. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Black Acrylia Halberd.

Farm smithing for ^

And other Black Acrylia weps

Seru bane weps. Endless basement dwelling in ssra.

Farming maidens eye for twink weapons.

Endless training of zone to UP.

Triggering endless traps.

Screaming where noone can hear.

Running out of air just short of the zone to ssra.

Dying from a curse. Again. And that stupid mushroom is still permacamped.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Elrontaur likes this.
  15. Shawn

Shawn People Like Me

Farming key pcs for all the future raiding...

Farming snake weapon stuff....

AEing FG for AA's......

Buying horse....

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    Videri-Tala likes this.
  16. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

AEing makes the game too easy so we're just gonna go ahead and remove that. All exp is Tolon Nurbyte now.

Quirk, Bum and showstring like this.
  17. Videri-Tala

What classes get stronger in Luclin? Do any suffer? If someone were to start on the server now (or if someone were to make an alt), what classes might we advise them to lean toward?

18. lurari

lurari People Like Me

The addition of AA's and balancing spells generally makes classes more balanced. The biggest change is Luclin mobs are geared towards super high AC endurance fights with millions of HP but not tons of damage output and in PoP we'll switch to sprint-based battles where even group mobs hit like freight trains but have less HP and offer more EXP.

I'm sure others might choose other highlights, but gear (FT gear in abundance) and horses (perma meditate in outdoor zones) favor casters over melee.

A few class-specific highlights:
    *Wizards benefit the most from the above factors, plus their familiar line.
    *Druids get their faux-CH and outdoor AE pacify.
    *Rangers get Endless Quiver and Archery Mastery
    *Bards get AE songs! AE resist and AE manasong are huge

19. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

This is really a question for Darchon and Ravenwing, but personally I'm looking forward to Rapidfeign, which should provide a massive increase in monk surivability, and Shaman Canni AA eliminating a lot of keystrokes. Plus Torpor will cast in 3s and last for 6 ticks, and Shaman will match up very well against all the high hp/low max hit Luclin mobs. Everyone thinks of Velious as the golden age of the Monk/Shaman duo, but in reality it was early/mid Luclin! Then in PoP both classes got hit hard with the Monk AC nerf and slow mitigation. Both were needed, but of course Verant overdid the AC nerf and did the slow mitigation in a dumb way (in Luclin Shamans are 20% better than Enchanters and 100% better than Beastlords, which is pretty reasonable IMO. In PoP on a 50% mitigation mob Shamans are 8% better than Beastlords. I wonder what happened to BLs in Gates and OOW; they just seem ridiculous in Luclin and PoP.

Other random things that come to mind: Druids take a huge step forward with fake-CH. Funeral Pyre should be really huge for Necros as well, as they finally get a great dot that is a) efficient b) lure c) short duration. Casters already get focus items; I don't know how good the horses will be.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  20. lurari

lurari People Like Me

Shaman Canni AA doesn't save you any clicks.

21. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

22. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Bst won't change much from vel-luclin

You get AAs etc, and gear like every other class(with attack)

But no major spells, same pet(new proc), and weapon ratios honestly won't go up much

Videri-Tala likes this.
  23. lurari

lurari People Like Me

It looks to me like you can cast both and have more mana. AA Canni is more clicks, not fewer.

24. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Paladin

25. Loraen

Loraen Well-Known Member

Were Shamans really canni dancing hard in Luclin/PoP? Using both did occur to me, but it just seems like the marginal return on all that clicking is so much lower.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  26. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I remember being lazy sitting on my horse casting torp/qui and canni 5 and that being more than enough with aa's and the ft gears. It was a nice thing post rez but not like a regular thing

27. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Druid Harmony of Nature is single target but it goes up to level 65. They also get an ice nuke that matches more closely their fire Nukes, Spirit of the Eagle and single Cabbage which is convenient.

Bards also get Singing/Instrument Mastery for an additional 0.6 modifier to all of their songs which stacks up to the cap. On top of AE Resist and Chorus, they get Group Overhaste song.

Wizards, Rangers, Druids are probably the weakest currently for raid purposes in Velious and they gain arguably the most raid value in Luclin.

28. lurari

lurari People Like Me

With a horse you don't have to dance (outdoors) - you can follow the ABC rule.

It's all about playing optimally or playing lazily. There's a place in this world for both and the 50 shades of grey in between.

29. Tudo Bem

Tudo Bem Member

When is Luclin being released on TAKP ??

30. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

There's a progress tracker in the TAKP Resources menu at the top of the page here.

19 zones are finished. 8 remain (and CT, which Rob has said will come later).

I imagine Sanctus Seru, which Rob has said he's currently working on, is a nightmare. A snarl of half a dozen factions, reams of NPC dialogue, roamers everywhere. Grieg's End, which has been revamped on Live and had a lot of poorly documented idiosyncrasies, will surely be at least as challenging. Honestly, I don't know how one would even begin trying to reconstruct Grieg's.

The other remaining zones might be more straightforward, although I don't know how fiddly the extensive traps in AR, ME, and VT are, or how much work goes into setting up paths and roamer boxes in zones like Umbral and ME.