Lewt !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neealana, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Anyone remember /tell lewt; tolan breastplate. ? ( example ). And lewt would send you a tell with a link to the item.

Wasn't it tied in with Allakabor somehow ?

2. Speedz

Speedz Administrator Staff Member

yea we have something similar built into the code called #finditem but for some reason setting that to player access seems to not work right.

3. Sturmm

Sturmm Well-Known Member

;lewt *item name*
    That was a magical thing, but it went away (I forget why) about a year prior to the server shut down. Would LOVE to see it here eventually.

4. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

I remember this from PoP era Fennin Ro (different name obviously). Was an awesome tool and would be good to see it back when the bugs are worked out.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

I believe I heard it was due to PPC client getting phased out.

But it was gone before I started playing on Al'Kabor. Instead I just made hotkeys with the item links for all Elemental/Time loot tables that would send a list of item links to a channel I autojoined by myself on all my boxes. Basically getting all the items I wanted to look at that weren't readily accessible.

6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Lewt actually ran through EQIM, which made it amazing that she lasted as long as she did. It was a sad day when we lost her, though! Zygor had fitted her out with all kinds of exciting bells and whistles: Pithy used her timer function to remind him when charms were due to break, and she automated a lot of guild DKP stuff that subsequently had to be done by hand.

7. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

I wanted to ask about this feature as well on the AK EMU server. Is "#finditem" still not functional for players in game or has it been included since these prior posts?

Thanks

8. Speedz

I have not investigated #finditem any further yet. But I plan to yes.

necra likes this.
  9. cavedude

cavedude Administrator Staff Member

There was an extra alias called "search" with its own status that was different then the base. I removed it, since we already have three others. That'll be in my next commit. In the DB, make sure finditem, fi, and itemsearch are set to 0.

10. Speedz

yea they are set to 0, for some reason the code is not taking that setting on a few commands.

11. cavedude

It's because search is still set to 80 in the DB. I removed that in the code. Meaning, it should start working with the next update.

Speedz likes this.
  12. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

It was a good channel. It still autojoins on my eldest mac.

13. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

so in simple layman's terms there is no current command that will allow nonadministrative players to look up items in game correct? I wasn't sure if a few of the above posts were stating that there are presently other options in game to do this.

14. cavedude

Currently no, but #finditem should begin working with the patch on Wednesday for normal players.

15. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Am I normal?

16. Speedz

not a chance :p

17. EverQuestrian

EverQuestrian Member

Excellent! I'm looking forward to being able to use that function. Thanks for all you who dedicate your time and effort to making this server an immensely enjoyable addiction in moderation! :D

18. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

It will cause all sorts of random links going around, can't believe what anyone links once this is activated

19. Speedz

It will be anarchy!