Leveling spots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maelin, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Maelin

Maelin Member

I need some help with good spots for my trio. Currently I'm a 22 Mage / Shaman / Paladin. I'm looking for spots that are AFK friendly. Due to RL, I often have to leave the keyboard for long periods of time. I don't care about faction hits, the most important thing is being able to walk away from KB and have no concern of roamers killling me :)

Here is what I'm thinking:
    22-24: ?????? Might try Warsliks Giants or Crag Spiders
    24-30ish: OOT Sisters
    30-35ish: Halflings in Misty
    XX-45: Ogres in their City or Spectres
    45-52ish: Everfrost Giants or Seafuries
    52+: ??????

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

For the low to mid 20's, there's a lot to be said for Najena and its high ZEM! There is a spot north of Najena's pool with an NPC named Akksstaff that is entirely safe, and from there you can run laps and kill skeletons (there are three of these, 21-24; great exp), the froglok ghoul (use the mage's pet to pull in case you get root procced on you underwater), and spiders/goblins (goblins may go light blue in the early twenties).

For the high twenties and low thirties, I like Solusek A (also a high ZEM zone). The room near king with a non-kos goblin merchant in it (14 on this map) is safe (unless you're sitting right by the door), and a great place to pull. Just make sure you're staying aware of what's spawning in the room just down the hall and to the SW and the one around the corner to the east, because healers can spawn there and will make trouble through the walls if they aren't pulled first. (I actually like to just leave the room to the east alone if no healers are up in it.)

From the mid thirties to the high forties, I'm fond of Lower Guk and Solusek B, but Lower Guk is more AFK friendly. On the dead side, the two best-known safe spots to go AFK (and thus to hunt from, perhaps) are the safe hall (not marked on this map, but it's the hallway "under" the room marked 10) and the hallway outside of the archmage's room (AM is 5 on the map). Another safe spot is just outside the sage room (17) huddled against the south face of the pillar, which may be a good camp for you because you'll probably want a couple of drops from the sage and one from the cavalier for your mage and your paladin. Later on, if you want to hit frenzied for caster rings and perhaps a haste belt, you can actually wedge your toons into one of the frog cages at the sides of the room and go AFK safely; nothing will aggro in there.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
    Pithy, Verdent, Gumgak and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gumgak

Gumgak Active Member

I would def recommend Warsliks giant fort for 22-29/30. The small hill on the southeast corner is a safe spot (as long as you're not too close to the wall) from roamers, and there's no need to PAC unless the one patching giant pauses in front of the hut in front of you. Good spot to hunt, good source of forest loops.

4. Maelin

Maelin Member

Raven - Thanks! Wow, I had no idea there were any safe spots in the dungeons you listed. Or any dungeons. I've been playing since Vanilla live and admittingly haven't spent much time in dungeons at all.

5. Verdent

Verdent People Like Me

I personally like unrest; 24-30 just sit near the back door/stairs and only pull the 2nd floor if you can handle them. Near the stairs there's a spot with only one wanderer I believe. After 30 you can AFK right after the trick door (bookshelf) to the basement. I would be wary of pulling from upstairs to that AFK spot. At level30 your pally gets a totally out of era awesome spell called instrument of nife which adds an insane for this era 270ish undead DD proc to your weapon. Combined with the ghoulbane 160DD proc you might be able to out DPS the mage on some mobs. This is saying something for a paladin.

Kaesora 35-45 is a good time, just stick to the undead areas. Plenty of AFK camps here.

45-50 Lguk can be a deathtrap but with the paladin's IVU and calm spell you can split camps nicely. Those AFK spots listed earlier near Sage and AM both have secret walls close by. Sage camp has 2-3 wizards behind a false wall who will catch you by surprise when you try to split that room. You will need to be up on root or grab a snarer for this zone.

You can prolly do the entrance of the hole around 40 which will drop some nice caster gear, just be mindful not to drop down with the paladin and be careful pulling the golems.

Last but not least HHK is one of the most populated and easiest zones to level up quickly in. The loot isn't bad PP wise, you can sell in the zone even if you kill guards, and you can bank as well. You will find people as low as 20 leveling here and as high as maybe 56. There places to AFK and pull to all over the zone whether you are killing goblins, guards, or nobles.

Best of luck, look up pkewanay, lanklus, or andre sometime. I might have some spare items I don't need.

6. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

From 24-34, the fastest spot to level is by far the goblins in HK. I would say this is a safe AFK area, except it tends to be popular and if you're sitting AFK too long, I would imagine someone else would have rights to take the camp.

Like Pkewanay said, once you hit 30 being a paladin just gets better. Nife + ghoulbane is a sweet 10 level niche.

Another option for an afk spot are the treants in SK. Two spawns close together, can lull split and stun with paladin to keep them from casting. I think this may ruin some halfling or Druid factions. The cash they drop is awesome though.

Like gumgak said, warslik wood giant fort is chill as well with forest loops as a possibility. Good for both the paladin and shaman at this level.

7. Maelin

Maelin Member

I'm about to ding into 29 in HHK and just got the scroll for the Ghoulbane. Should I head to unrest or najena next? I plan to farm the magician focus items as well as the ghoulbane drops in najena. Would Najena or Unrest make more sense for a trio of 29s?

8. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

Najena

9. souske

souske Well-Known Member

You could easily start Sol A gnomes at lvl 30ish and grind them all the way till lvl 48 or so. Sol A has one of the highest ZEMs on server. Theres a nice safe spot in Sol A mines where no roamers are going to kill you if you are AFK

10. vannari

vannari Well-Known Member

Upper Guk has one of the highest ZEM's in the game, really good exp. You can also spend a lot of levels there because it's a big zone with mobs ranging through a lot of levels. There are some safe spots to afk but usually I just camp out and then log back in when I'm ready to carry on. Lower Guk is not very good exp imo, I spent many levels in there because it is one of my favorite zones, but once I left and started xping in some other places I realised just how bad it was. However my half naked characters got a LOT of important gear from there, and getting gear and exp at the same time is great. For exp I think it ok in the early to mid 30's when you do the bedroom and bats and stuff, but after that I think there are better places to go.

Warsliks giant fort is a great place, I have xped probably 10 characters in that place on various servers and it is always good exp. You can also afk easily in that place if you sit in the right spots. Unrest has been great exp for me too, I usually just do low levels there like late teens and early to mid 20's, but you can go further if you do the basement/upper levels. On the original Al'Kabor I got almost 20 levels all in Mistmoore. That place is pretty under rated. I went there sometime around level 25 ish and I hunted in the graveyard. It is pretty easy because all the mobs are in little groups of 2. Once you get them split up you can just sit there for ages getting nice easy exp. I did it when they were yellow cons and the exp flew! After that I went to the castle and the ramp that leads to it. This is more dangerous because one runner can cause the train of the century, but if you are good with snares, there is a lot of exp to be had there. I would carefully get the 4 mobs split up at the bottom of the ramp, and camp them. I think 1 or 2 will wander through there so in total you get about 6 mobs in that one little area. And then when you need more, you can go up the ramp and pull the stuff at the top. I don't recommend going inside though.

Sol A is similar to upper guk, it has a huge ZEM so very fast exp, but I rarely go there. I liked Unrest/Mistmoore because I liked to hunt away from other people mostly. Also Droga is good exp but it can be dangerous. The upside is that you get faction that can get you probably the best ring in the game. At 50+ I practically lived in The Hole. I think it is some of the best exp you can get in the high levels, but it is dangerous and there basically no loot. The warriors have a chance of dropping loam which is decent but they wont give exp for long. I think probably one of the best things to do is kill the rats because they are easier to handle than the golems and they have a chance to drop a really valuable item.

I also did a lot of Seb. I think the exp was slightly lower than The Hole but there are so many great items and you get spell drops too. I might have some spare gear you could have btw if you like, send me a tell any time and I can check.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016