Interesting EQLive PoP Quest Discovery!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darchon, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

2. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

lol it requires Battalion of Marr faction... no wonder nobody tested or discovered this on Live back in the days. HoH had such good xp, was kinda hard not to destroy that faction.

We do actually have those 3 quest items in our Database, but I don't see the cloak reward.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    drownedcitizen likes this.
  3. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Cloak reward wouldn't be in since it wasn't discovered or captured by a collect previously until now.

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Beyond that ridiculous faction, the spawn mechanic is probably my favorite.

It spawns only at a precise hour in game however due to a slight issue in the timing of the script after several cycles it gets off and can never spawn until the server resets again (lol?!)

Mambo likes this.
  5. Skratching

Skratching Active Member

You have to wonder how many other quests are still out there that have never been found because all the random requirements that it may have.

Oiwon likes this.
  6. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

damn

Oiwon likes this.
  7. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

Funny, SOE continually took our money for years (especially mine because I played on Stormhammer), but left that many items untagged and incomplete.

Toomuch and Mambo like this.
  8. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

Oh my god this guy - Amalgamation of Spirit`s Honor - drove me NUTS on Al'Kabor. He was a super-rare spawn, did some kind of zone emote when he appeared ("the spirits of Honor's fallen Heroes begin to coalesce in front of you"), and popped in a seriously difficult place to reach (those yellow-con wrulons and undead, with their nasty curse effects, were absolutely brutal fights). He also depopped quickly - I never once made it down to him in time, even though I took off for the SW basement like a bat out of hell every time I saw him pop. Nobody knew what he was for!

Jugo! and Delorne like this.
  9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

So now we know how Sony could always claim that there were "thousands" of undiscovered or unfinished quests - those dorks never made them completable.

Toomuch, Mambo, Jugo! and 3 others like this.
  10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So a few more Quest tags people mentioned being adding since the patch on live...

Selo's Drum and McVaxius Horn from classic/Kunark Dragons now have Quest Tags.
    Dragon Blood Earring (tradeable from Yelinak) also now has a Quest Tag.

Funny how many quests they could've had broken for years and never knew people didn't do them because they were broken.

11. Pane

Pane Member

You would think the fact that zero people have the quest reward they should look into something

12. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

They would need visibility into how many people actually have the quest reward to begin with, meaning someone needs to think about it and take a look. Its all about adjusting a specific field here or there in a massive SQL db, I'm sure.

Toomuch likes this.
  13. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Are there any more of those, Darchon? I'm actually interested- but googling just generally brings up old websites of unsolved stuff. I'm interested in the newly solved stuff!

Would be fun if there was actually a better earring than Dragon's blood ear via quest- there was not alot of decent earring options in Velious. (Tunare's earring... and... .. Yep, Tunare's earring)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Mambo likes this.
  14. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

One of the things that keeps things interesting in Everquest, even after all these years, is knowing there are many, many unsolved quests. Love these kinds of discoveries :)

Toomuch and Mambo like this.