How much plat am I looking at to fully twink a Beastlord?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loadsamoney, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

I have a lot of time, I guess. Aside from the stuff I can farm on my own, I'm not spending any plat on twink gear until I have a full set of Ornate Plate on my Pally, and that's likely to run me 200k or so, so the money I earn has to go to that first.

2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

For what its worth Ornate is generally the 2nd best tradeable item in those slots unless they have a useful focus or clicky.

On paladins, the King Tormax gloves and boots (Velium Encrusted Gauntlets and Boots of the Storm) are vastly superior to ornate. For all other slots Farwater Plate is much superior to Ornate, though the BP/Legs aren't too far off. Though the Arms/Head/Wrists are quite a bit better than Ornate.

John Stark likes this.
  3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

*Yawn* so you intend to self-sabotage a raid ranger and bard, and then expect folks to carry you. Cool!

4. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

That’s a little unfair friend, I wouldn’t intentionally sabotage a raid. I always abide by majority decision and what the leaders recommend. That kind of play would be in my solo or off time.

But that’s also a little disconcerting the way you worded your post, almost as if to say no fun allowed.

Tuluvien likes this.
  5. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

This is a no-fun zone!

6. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

I was going to ask about this. At 57 or so I intend to try hunting geodes in WL as a cash spot and to see if Thurgadin armor is a reasonable option. If the drop rate on armor gems isn’t butt then I wonder if I could faction tag giants in GD and MQ a full set of thurgadin armor for a beast lord. It would save me the 75k on a white dragon helm at least.

7. thucydides

thucydides I Feel Loved

thurgadin faction is easy to grind out yourself in a few hours in great divide. sky shrine faction is a much longer slog unless you get yourself on the hate list of some raid mobs in kael on their way to the grave.

8. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Can you give me a rough estimate on the price of Thurgadin armor MQs for the piece + gems if I have no luck farming them myself?

9. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

YMMV but I couldn't even give away Thurg armor a couple of years ago.

10. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

11. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

True, but Planar gear also tends to have level recommendations, whereas Velious gear works at Level 1, which is preferred.

I haven't committed to anything yet, it all depends on how good or bad gem drop rates are at WL geodes. If I grind them for an hour or two and only see one crushed gem, that'll probably be enough to dissuade me.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  12. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

The gem grind can be a bit of a pain, and unfortunately they aren't numerous in the bazaar anymore. That being said, once you scout the gems you need asking in alliance could be fruitful. I've got old gems in bags somewhere, I'm sure others do.

13. sowislifesowislove

sowislifesowislove People Like Me

If I remember right, beastlord thurg hands were abnormally good.

14. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

15. DubRemix88

DubRemix88 People Like Me

Boots are mando (for clicky), think ive got eroded gloves and boots i can mq you.

16. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

What are the exact rules for MQing Thurgadin armor? Does it just require both parties to have sufficient faction, or does it also require the MQer to be the same class as the one doing the quest?

And no level requirements, right?

17. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

Both parties have to have the faction. This can be accomplished level one with many giant helms. Then the person who is MQing turns in armor and the person reviving the armor turns in the gems. Again everyone has to have proper faction.

I did this at level 1 but actually think I was level 7 or 8 from experience turning in helms.

18. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Any class can turn in the armor, or do both characters have to be the same class?

And can I get faction by just partying my Beastlord with my 61 paladin, pulling giants near the book and killing, or does the Beastlord actually have to tag the mob to gain faction?

19. Bailyvaz

Bailyvaz Member

If you are looking to farm armor gems, the best spots I found were the sentinel armor guys in Wakening lands, wyverns in Cobalt Scar, and Upper and Lower dogs in Velks. Geo's in Wakening Lands were always sort of hit or miss.

20. DubRemix88

Any class can do turn in, just a matter of faction and turn in order (last item handed in recieves reward). If you dont get xp, then i think you need to do 1dmg for faction (/assist, /pet attack), but i could be wrong.

21. Notorious

Notorious Member

Yes your BST needs to tag every mob

DubRemix88 likes this.
  22. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

min that case, how often do frost giant scouts in gd drop quest helmets? If it’s +50 faction per helm, figure I’ll need about 20 or so?

23. DubRemix88

I think you need more than 20 helms, clearing fort and higher lv giants up that hill will give more faction/kill

24. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

It's 50 faction per helmet, you start dubious at worst, so 20 helmets would be +1000 faction, which should get to kindly at least, and possibly warmly.

I'll try farming them in Kael, because I've got to knock this out sooner or later, and the hope would be to get a couple of eroded leather pieces along the way, depending on how common or rare they are.

25. azathoth

azathoth Member

I think you turn in 4 helmets for the quest.

26. giantfortt

giantfortt Well-Known Member

If you're looking to try and farm some armor drops in Kael, you'll have faction before you know it.

I started at the Wakening Land ZL when my trio was level 45. Pacify is definitely your friend in this zone :D The high 40s Lieutenant guards that spawn outside of #9 & #10 on the map (example) can drop all of the armor pieces, don't summon, and aren't nasty casters so it's a good starting point. Korakaz is a good litmus test to see if you're ready to go further in. Just keep an eye out for Captain Bvellos who will path through the four-way area. He can ruin your day if he sneaks up behind you, especially if he's wielding that Glowing Black Sword! He's still on my KOS list...

It doesn't rain armor drops there but I had a lot of fun crawling Kael. Maxed CoV faction on my lonesome and surprisingly sold 10kpp+ worth of Giant Warrior Helmets in the Bazaar. It was my first time exploring, though, and I know a lot of folks are so burnt out on Velious content that they'd rather watch paint dry.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
  27. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Finished the faction grind for my beastlord, just need to get the gems now and MQ the pieces from whoever wants to sell them.

Got my first piece done, the chest. 7 to go.

DubRemix88 and Wellmine like this.
  28. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member

Welp, I spent about 8 hours in WL today fighting sentient armor, with a couple hours of help from a friend, and not a single crushed gem of the kind I need dropped: Coral, Topaz, Black Marble, or Flame Emerald. And the Allaclone says they drop them.

So either I'm unlucky as all getout, or the drop rate for these gems really is in the toilet.

29. Wellmine

Wellmine Active Member

I like to do Velks castle area or Sirens Grotto for gems. I find those drop rates are the best and most consistent.

30. Loadsamoney

Loadsamoney Member