Hello everyone. I started yesterday.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sneakyfeetz, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Sneakyfeetz

Sneakyfeetz Member

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself to the community of AK. I started EQ back in 99 and played through GoD. Was in a higher end raiding guild and was part of server first Dozekar kill. That is my only server first in any game. I would like to do have a server first again someday but its not a goal. Anyways im not sure what all is different on this server but I guess I will find out during my adventures. I have never boxed before. Not against it all. I just like to focus hard on one toon so I can be the best player that I can be. With that being said I would like to join a guild that raids. Does not need to be hardcore. But not against it either. I also would like to know which guilds are recruiting and would be interested in me. I like all classes, so I would like to know what guilds need the most. Because that makes it fun to me. I want to be an asset and I want to help. I live in CST time zone and can play every weekday from 6pm cst to 12am cst. Weekends are hit and miss because I drive 6 hours to go spend the weekend with my wife and kids. I would like a guild family as I don't have my family living with me right now. Plus it will keep me out of the bars every night lol. Thanks AK Project for giving me something to look forward too everyday after work!

Ransom and Radda like this.
  2. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

Welcome! You should check out the guild recruitment area, and then as you group with folks see who you mesh with. There are about 4-6 raiding guilds here now and all of them have their own schedule, vibe and goals.

Sneakyfeetz likes this.
  3. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

Welcome to the server. Since how group xp works, each member actually gets more xp with four in a group than three, single boxing may not be all that difficult. Most groups don't mind adding that fourth.

Nephilim fits that bill. We are a casual raiding/leveling guild always doing epics and working our way onto rotations. We plan specific events, but also see who's online and what needs to be done daily as well. Send a tell to Advocatus, Hooch, Shortok, or Pkewanay.

Other options may be Destiny, Austerity, or Imperium (forgive me if I left any out). But I can't comment on their specific policies though. Worth a chat with an officer though.

Sneakyfeetz likes this.
  4. Linkamus

Linkamus People Like Me

Welcome to the server! Personally, I wouldn't choose a class based on demand. Play whatever you think will enjoy the most.

Sneakyfeetz, Ransom and Mokli like this.
  5. Hendo

Hendo Member

Welcome!!!

Sneakyfeetz likes this.
  6. Ransom

Ransom Well-Known Member

If you're looking for a class to single box... I might suggest a puller type. To join 3 boxing groups, typically their favorite addition is someone to pull so they can concentrate on manning their boxes.

Monk, Bard, Ranger, Enchanter, SK, Necro. But really any class can do the trick with pacify, or having a group member pacify to break a camp. The only classes I don't love to pull with are pet classes until you get /pet hold. But that's just a personal annoyance.

I think active bards and unboxed enchanters are a very rare commodity on this server.

Sneakyfeetz likes this.
  7. Sneakyfeetz

Sneakyfeetz Member

Thank you everyone for the welcome. I will head home this evening and make my Bard. I have always wanted to play one to max level.

Draeko and Mokli like this.
  8. Draeko

Draeko Active Member

Sneakyfeetz likes this.
  9. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Main a single bard and we WILL keep you out of the bars all night !

Ransom and Sneakyfeetz like this.
  10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Or it will make you want to be in the bars every night.

Could go either way. It is a bard afterall.

Sneakyfeetz and Ransom like this.
  11. Sneakyfeetz

Sneakyfeetz Member

LOL! Already love this server. Bard is made. the Grind starts NOW!

Ransom, Bum and Elroz like this.
  12. Randorik

Randorik New Member

Welcome Sneak! I'm pretty new to the server myself, also playing a bard. /tell Lorthok if you have any questions.

Sneakyfeetz likes this.
  13. Frankmac

Frankmac Member

New to the Server not new to the game though, last time I played however was when whatever pc expansion introduced Guild Hall I had a level 30 Druid. It has been some years now I have matured and so has my computer needs hence playing on an Imac so excited to see an Eq client for mac that isn't in bootcamp or any virtual box for that matter. I have tried all the so called free to play Mac mmo's and none have been the same as Original Everquest so really looking forward to getting started as never played on a Mac will be a total Noob lol. Hope to meet some if not all of you in game though.

Mokli, Neealana, Bum and 3 others like this.