Gearing progression?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TimChen, Jun 9, 2023.

1. TimChen

TimChen Member

Mostly came over from p99 and gearing up on there is pretty straight forward:

1. twink/or solo self-found gear
    2. get to 55+ and get some velious class armor (HoT/kael/thurg armor etc). some small quests like lodi shield, ring war, eye patch, etc
    3. raid and get items that max your primary stats (if you're druid get +mana, flowing thought, wis)

What is it like on takp? What's the gear progression like? I keep seeing a lot of things about ornate and elemental. There are so many planes and lot of gear that I'm not sure what gear I should either bid on or work my torwards.

Any suggestions?

My trio is War/Bst/Dru. But I plan on mostly gearing my war and best. dru is mostly for utility

Thanks for reading!

(war is currently lv 48, bst is currently lv 48, dru is currently 49)
    Subwen/Seethy/Plantman

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    Hoodlum likes this.
  2. Cillipis

Cillipis Well-Known Member

Anyone with a warrior in their trio will probably tell you to estimate 60-80% of your time/money/attention gearing that warrior. The bulk of that remainder is probably getting your druid some FT and select focuses and spells.

I’m sorry but that beastlord may as well be a remedial shaman for the next year or two. Great class don’t get me wrong, but warriors are taxing.

To address the question, see if your Warrior’s Luclin diety armor is available in the Bazaar and gear with that until you can get raid stuff. If not just hack it together with odds and ends and focus on a good weapon/set. Get the druid ornate boots though - MP4 can help out. One man’s opinion but money spent on the Beastlord’s gear is sort of money wasted until that warrior is picking up raid gear.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  3. Nafse

Nafse Well-Known Member

Getting a horse for the druid is probably more value than any other item you can buy in terms of mana regen.

Sycamore likes this.
  4. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

It's very easy to get into an endgame raiding guild on this server. If you're just interested in gearing up quickly (setting aside the question of fun!), it's probably best just to get to max level ASAP. It's fine if your warrior's a bare-knuckle nudist when you get there; you can jump straight from empty slots to elemental armor.

5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This strategy, while probably true will make you almost completely useless on raids. Granted… basically any warrior who jumps into a guild on this server without having raided previously in Velious/Luclin is going to be pretty useless unless they farmed up around 500k+ to get full Farwater among a few other expensive but good bazaar pieces and even then, all that gear would let you offtank a trash mob in Elemental+ raids. You would just barely be able to hang on against the easiest PoP bosses and even then your healers would probably have to adjust their normal cadence to keep you alive.

I agree with the other posters, that trio means you should spend 80%+ of your time or DKP on your warrior. Getting some cheap FT and focus effects on Druid and rots on Beastlord. There is no other class on this server that scales as dramatically as a warrior does when your gear improves. An endgame Time warrior versus just an Elemental warrior is a pretty dramatic difference. A time geared warrior versus a bazaar geared one is a laughable difference.

At your level though there are some good items to target. PoP crafted jewelry brings 4 good slots. 2 Bloodmetal Earrings of Engagement and 2 Valorium Rings of Gallantry are great picks up for any melee class. Beyond that I’d just check bazaar for warrior usable under 500pp pieces of gear with good AC > HP. As someone else mentioned getting the blue diamond crafted cultural armor is another good buy but may be a bit more expensive, for warriors of Rallos Zek like ogres and humans it’s Fierce Heraldic if you want to look up the type of gear we’re talking about.

Radda, TimChen, Pithy and 1 other person like this.
  6. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

Dont waste your time with velious armor. It just isnt worth the time investment and there's a good chance you'll have trouble getting the gems you need. You'll be relying on people trying to clear out mules and bank space.

7. Cadsuane

Cadsuane People Like Me

That said... slowly and strategically working on factions tags and a lot of asking-around might result in a cheap but slow gearup path...
    Crafted Heraldic (as your warrior was properly created to follow RZ, Fierce Heraldic) is laying around all over if you ask and have some pp also.
    How bad are the prices on Plate Ornate nowadays?

2 weapons with an AC debuff, slow, snare, or Stun proc to start with, then upgrayyd to pure hate procs as you can afford/get. Wavecrasher and Lurid Dagger are 2 sleeper items that are great.

Back when people did exp groups in Umbral Plans, Moktor armor was a great low-level set that rotted nonstop.

Also, since your agro is based on "how fast am I hitting", don't undervalue Magic Resist as a major stat.

edit: also: Why do you have your better weapon in your offhand, instead of primary? Swap them.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  8. Delorne

Delorne People Like Me

I was incredibly surprised by the prices I saw on some stuff in the bazaar. I'm also surprised there isn't more variety in the bazaar but with so many alts, there's less stuff off the beaten path getting sold.

9. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

For comparison's sake you can look at Ornate armor as a droppable, bazaarable stand-in for the velious armor you're used to. No gems, but will cost some pp.

Piecing Ornate with some quested items is basically the pre-raid standard, and then you will improve or max specific stats through the following raid gear.

Easy to find your way into a raiding guild here. We are all flexible and understanding and don't expect newcomers to be very well geared

10. Braven

Braven Well-Known Member

Or you could spend 1pp on a greatstaff of thunder and have almost the same threat gen as a BoC/SoD

Sycamore, Cadsuane and Pithy like this.
  11. Break

Break People Like Me

I'll offer up a guess. It's possible they are the same stats at his level, or it at least was the last time he equipped it. I don't have a level 48 character hanging around to check.

Cadsuane likes this.
  12. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This is a pretty important point. 2hander aggro is pretty solid on this server. I think it wasn’t until BoC and SoD that you could replace 2handed epic for aggro generation? I’m pretty sure our first few AoW kills we’re done with 2h epic wielding warriors… and 5 charmed dogs and 10~ epic mage pets.

Break and Cadsuane like this.
  13. Cillipis

My take, for what it’s worth: skip ornate, with maybe the exception of the BP for the MR and AC click. The diety armor will keep you upright until you get raid gear and then at least you can resell it for horse money, or BL stuff. Even the ornate BP is basically like a cursed BP, which you might get cheap on raids these days.

following Rallos was a mistake though. Real warriors follow Tunare.

Neealana, TimChen and Foxboxx like this.
  14. TimChen

TimChen Member

couldnt really find much of the diety armor for sale. maybe I'm not typing it in right in the baz?

not sure on cost either. if anyone here makes them, i would like a quote :))

15. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Your RZ warrior's cultural armor is Fierce Heraldic. I think pieces typically run 2.5-5k, depending on the piece.

Agreed about picking up an ornate BP for the click.

16. Radda

Radda People Like Me

warrior path is for sure the hardcore way. well worth it if you can maintain a presence in the community.

17. TimChen

TimChen Member

got x2 bloodmetals and x2 valorium rings

got 2 pieces of heraldic armor but pretty hard to find the rest

thanks for the tips guys!

18. Cillipis

Looked at your profile. Get a wave crasher cheap if you can - it’s a good agro proc and good item to have in the bag long term.
    At 52, the hole will still be good exp. Go down to the jail camp and spend a level there. You will probably get imbued granite spaulders off a golem while killing along the way, which are good AC and resists for your warrior. You might also get idol of the under king to improve your Druid’s pre-63 spot heals.

Tag along to an AOW kill and try to loot a rotting Bow of War or whatever it’s called. 100hp and 25 Dex is nice. If a BP of Eradication is going to rot find the raid leader and bat your doe-y eyes, too!

You bought the right things looking at the profile. You’ll be fine. Good luck out there.

TimChen and Tuluvien like this.
  19. TimChen

TimChen Member

have honestly decided to drop the war right now. atm I gave a lot of war gear to my BST. her epic is almost done.

having trouble getting the pieces from the grey tho... the images are next and final kill. got the other farmable drops

me and my friend are gonna PL a chanter and replace it with my warrior. at least I have 55 warrior, I can come back to

I think I like this trio more: best, enc, dru

that being said any items I should look out for bst, enc, dru?

thanks!

20. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

For enchanter #1 items are items with the focus Affliction Haste. On most servers this only speeds up the cast of DoT spells but on our server it works on all detrimental spells with a duration, which includes charms.

1-44 the Affliction Haste 2 is fine, the robe from Sol B spider is a good choice here.
    46-60 Affliction Haste 3 is needed, the Circlet of Falinkan is the best option but requires both CoV faction and some drops from high 50w mobs in Kael and DN. The Vilefang drop from DN is difficult in the low 50s but if you can get a CoTH down there it makes it much easier, or simply buying an MQ.
    61-65 Affliction Haste 4 is needed. There are only 2 items in game with this focus and one is a raid drop that is about 5% drop rate on a rarely done raid event. So the only other option is the Ceramic Skull of Decay which you can almost always find available in the bazaar.

It can’t be overstated how valuable Affliction Haste is on an enchanter when charming and boxing. Having a recharm cast fast enough that you are able to skip entire rounds of the mob attacking you reducing interrupts, or landing a charm before a mob can close the distance to your enchanter etc.

Everything else I’d say stack your Beastlord in high AC/HP gear, get focuses like mana preservation for your Druid (Ornate Leather Boots are good option and cheap), horses for Druid and chanter, and eventually working on things with Flowing Thought.

21. Cillipis

Allure wands from Hate also used to be cheap and give you three insta-cast Allure clicks. Around 49-55 those will get some use in quick save situations if you can pick a few up. Never tried to recharge them on buy back (if you can?) because they were cheap and abundant years ago, but worth looking into.
    Green Silken Drape is the robe Darchon mentioned. Agreed. It’s great and if you level in the hole you can use it into your 50’s charming the backstabbing rogue elemental mobs; the capturers. It’s gets serious play for the 100p or whatever it costs.