Fungi Drop Rate and Disarmed Magic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slayzz, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

Secondary can't be disarmed.

2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Seems Cavedude changed disarm to function on magic weapons after I wrote it to fail on magic weapons back in 2015.

Just because disarm worked on low level trash mobs, doesn't mean it worked on higher level stuff though, if it worked at all on magic weapons. I'd really like to see some proof that disarm should be making raid bosses double. This is a serious balance issue, obviously.

showstring likes this.
  3. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

Magic weapons fell into mobs inventory, non-magic weapons fell on the ground. You could always disarm anything from a mobs primary slot tho.

4. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This.

I dunno what to tell you about the secondary slot... but he goes from 4 hits a round to 2 hits a round, or at least this is what I've told myself. Guess I'll double check logs tonight.

5. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Actually this was an easy one to prove. Literally tens of thousands of disarm attempts in my logs, and only a couple dozen successes found, and only on mobs with non-magic weapons.

showstring likes this.
  6. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

While you were looking at those logs, did you happen to notice whether all disarmed NPCs were giving the 'ARGGHH...My Weapon!' message (as I believe they currently do on TAKP), or only "talking" NPCs (i.e. the NPCs that announce successful taunt attempts and the like)?

7. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

8. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

I vaguely remember, for magical, you didnt get a fail disarm message. Thats it. It had no message of success.

9. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

I remember some mobs you couldn't disarm, but I don't remember it was as black and white as magic v non-magic item. I didn't play beyond PoP so if there was a change later I was unaware of it. There are posts on Safehouse from 2004 that insist you can't disarm magic items, but that's the earliest I can find anything saying that.

10. Haynar

Haynar Administrator

Disarm had a low success rate. I remember it discussed as a CT strategy. Never experienced it. I was usually suprised when it actually worked.

I cannot confirm it working on magical weapons in era. I did test live, but not raid mobs.

In era i do remember was the sarnak berzerkers in OT. Non magical braids, that were no drop. They dropped to ground. Thats all I am 100% sure of. Non magical for sure dropped to ground. Even if no drop.

11. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

i didn't know the Fungi Tunic can be disarmed. o_O

gardnerjens likes this.
  12. Hove!

Hove! People Like Me

Monk AC.

Gnazzles, Bum and Liegezen like this.
  13. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Hah

Darchon #ravenwinged himself

gardnerjens likes this.
  14. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The only NPCs with that text in my logs are city guards and Sanctus Seru NPCs (which are city guards, I guess), so only 'talking' NPCs should do this

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I snipped a section of Frosst's log against the Statue of Rallos Zek wielding a swiftblade. It was never disarmed and Frosst used the skill at least 34 times. Mob is only level 59.

16 disarm fail texts vs. a glyphed covered serpent, never disarmed. (all these verified by looking at their swings before kill)
    15 disarm fail texts vs. Avatar of War, never disarmed.
    10 disarm fail texts vs. Hoshkar, never disarmed.
    23 disarm fail texts vs. Cekenar, never disarmed.

I can't find a single example of an NPC somehow being disarmed secretly without a message.

Also, in regards to success rate, I do see Frosst disarming people in duels fine (perhaps 1 in 5 chance or better) and green NPCs (same rate) and many slarghilug disarms. Lots of myconid disarms in showstring's logs too. I have 110 disarm success texts and 47.2k disarm fail texts total.

edit: Frosst also disarmed level 60 and 61 sseru guard NPCs, so it's not level limited apparently

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  16. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

The 60 / 61 Seru guards wield a magical weapon (Combine Gladius). So I don't think it is necessarily Magic items only.

17. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Magelo lists fine steel in their loot table along with the combine gladius

edit: not from the mob he disarmed, but:

[Wed Jul 24 17:40:39 2013] --You have looted a Combine Gladius.--
    [Wed Jul 24 17:40:43 2013] --You have looted a Combine Gladius.--
    [Wed Jul 24 17:40:47 2013] --You have looted a Fine Steel Scimitar.--

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  18. showstring

showstring I Feel Loved

I never remember disarming raid mobs magical weapons, and I also never remember the arrrgh my weapon from every mob disarmed.
    And I also remember it seldom working.

Here it seems a) you can disarm any weapons from any mob, b) works with 90% success rate, c) every mob says arrrgh my weapon

19. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

So the Arrgh thing should probably be limited the humanoids. I searched my logs and only saw player races giving that response.

The success rate might need reviewing.

It's also possible Disarm is limited to mobs your level or lower. Like Taunt was.

But it not working on Statue is peculiar.

20. Jugo!

Jugo! People Like Me

Random addendum: On AK, I used guards (they didn't fight back) in Nexus to level my disarm until they were eventually disarmed. Then I waited until the bi weekly reset to do it again. I'm 100% on this.
    However, I can't remember if their weapon dropped to the ground or just inventory (it was boring, okay!?)
    Heck, they're not killable on live, so no idea if their weapons are magical or not. But Torven should have my logs if any of the Nexus guards spoke or gave messages. (assuming I did disarm skillups on my second AK cpu)

21. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Currently you cannot disarm nexus guard or any NPC. So that's an AKurate adjustment that could be made for disarm.

22. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Nope, I was wrong. Had a 3-Orb of Tishan Nagafen yesterday and disarming him left him clawing and crushing. Guess I just wanted to tell myself Disarm was marginally useful.

23. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I changed the dual wield logic recently, so it may have worked before

24. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Just killed a Shadowhaven guard. They use a temporary no-drop non-magic weapon (Fordel Defenders Blade), which is probably the the same thing the Nexus guards use.