EverQuest® Macintosh Edition Update News 11/12/2003 thru 01/28/2005

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrontaur, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

EverQuest®
    Macintosh Edition
    Update News
    Server Status

Al'Kabor: UP
    EQMac Patch news
    01/28/2005
    Server Update
    01/20/2005 3:00 pm
    - Reverted some spells that were broken last spell update. They include Alter Plane Hate, Sacrifice, Illusion Scaled Wolf, and some others.
    - Added group exp modifiers. A bonus percentage of 20, 40, 60, 80, and 80 will be added for groups of 2 or more. The percentage bonus for a group of 6 is the same as a group of 5.
    - Added a general 20 percent bonus modifier for all exp gained.
    - Names and guild names above characters heads should look better.
    - The Story dwarf in PoK should give out AA's for completing flags.
    Server Update
    12/07/2004 3:00 pm
    - General update of Plane of Knowledge which will introduce new quests and fixes for existing quests.
    - Missing spells like Illusion Scaled Wolf are now on vendors.
    - Parchement quest NPC's have been updated to reflect reward changes that were put in place on the PC version.
    - Hollowshade has been updated which should correct issues related to the war script.
    Server Update
    12/06/2004 10:00 am
    - Plane of Tactics is now open to all those 60 and above.
    - Bor Wharhammer will now give out emblems for ornate armor for those above level 55. You no longer need to be tier 2 flagged.
    Client Update
    12/03/2004 12:00 pm
    - Chat channels have been fixed. Type /help chat in game for a list of commands.
    - Horse crash bug when zoning is fixed.
    - /track crash to desktop is fixed.
    - (Beta) Windowed Mode is enabled. To turn on windowed mode add the line "WindowedMode=TRUE" to the default section of your eqclient.ini.
    Client/Server Update
    10/21/2004 4:00 pm

- Items and Spells have been updated. Look for new item effects and stats along with various spell updates.
    Client Update
    08/25/2004 12:00 pm
    - New Miles Library Sound files have been updated. This should correct most sound related issues.
    Server Update
    08/06/2004 3:00 am
    - The Song: Wind of Marr has been added. Bards will now be able to scribe and memorize this song.
    EQMac Server Update
    08/02/2004 6:00 pm
    - The Tier 2 Plane of Powers zones are now open to all those who meet the level requirements.
    - Samhain and the Turmoil Toads will no longer attack the Broken Golem, leaving him for all of you Wizards to take care of.

~ The EQ Mac operations team.

Hollowshade Changes
    01/05/2004 5:38 pm
    We have performed some database changes to Hollowshade, these should fix the current bugs in the zone ~ The EQ Mac operations team.
    Server Downtime
    11/24/2003 10:40 pm
    Tuesday, November 25th at 3:00am Pacific Standard Time, the Al'Kabor server will be brought down for maintenance. The estimated server downtime will be 30 minutes ~ The EverQuest Operations Team
    Server Downtime
    11/19/2003 6:04 pm
    Thursday, November 20th at 2:00am Pacific Standard Time, the Al'Kabor server will be brought down for maintenance. The estimated server downtime will be 60 minutes ~ The EverQuest Operations Team
    Al'Kabor Maintenance - Nov. 20th
    11/19/2003 3:30 pm
    The Al'Kabor server will be brought down for maintenance on Thursday, November 20th at 2:00 AM Pacific Standard Time. Server downtime should be no more than 60 minutes. Thank you

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

So that's when the guy failed to implement a simple experience multiplier correctly and didn't even test it to make sure it worked

Videri-Tala and Elrontaur like this.
  3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

Am I nuts or did this not work on AK?

Elrontaur likes this.
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

You are definitely nuts, but you're also correct about Gram Dunnar. No free AAs for planar progression on AK.

Faults, Dane and Elrontaur like this.
  5. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

It's all lies and propaganda, I couldn't stay on a chat channel on AK for more than a minute before they all went cold.

6. Elrontaur

Elrontaur People Like Me

The rest as they say, is history.

Faults likes this.