Dodge not increasing on Monk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lusiphur, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Lusiphur

Lusiphur Member

So, I have a level 13 Monk I have been playing for a few days. He's been tanking all that time and Dodge is still at zero. Is it broken?

2. necra

necra People Like Me

not sure what level monks get dodge, but once you get it you need to go to a trainer and put one point in it to get skill ups

3. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

Yeah the only abilities you don't need to train 1 point in are the ones you start with at lvl 1. Every ability you gain past level 1 has to have 1 point put into it at your guildmaster/trainer. I'm playing a rogue for fun, level 17, and his dodge went from 1-50 in less than 1 level soloing.

Saskoris likes this.
  4. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

This is a bit of a deep cut, but ...
    Level 1 monks start with the dodge skill (starting skill 0, just like everything else) and it indeed doesn't seem to ever increase.

This seems very unusual - as you say, non-level-gated skills that you start with can usually be leveled up without visiting a trainer - and I wonder if there's an error in the formula. Perhaps dodge always fails at 0 skill and therefore never improves, in the same way that only misses can trigger defense skill-ups?

Elroz likes this.
  5. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

The issue is that if the skill is at value 0, in some places it is incorrectly considered to not have the skill. Workaround as noted here is to train 1 point to get it past 0. It depends on the specific situation, but it's a systemic bug throughout this old code base. There are some rogue/monk skills that are affected by it, most others gain their skills at higher levels.