Did Pulsing Goo exist on AK?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Synthetix, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Synthetix

Synthetix Well-Known Member

Did some research on this item, to me it seems like it was removed from Live between Jan - Jun 2003.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030610074158/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6653

Anyone from AK that killed many "an amorphous mass" ever recall looting one of these? There also seems to be some confusion surrounding this item, as there are records of 2 Pulsing Goo items, 1 with Regeneration and 1 with Resuscitate. (im not talking about Pliable Goo, thats the item that replaced both Pulsing Goo on Live.)

2. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

I never saw a rez goo on AK. There was at least one GM-awarded staff of forbidden rites that eventually got duped, but I never heard of a rez clicky of any kind actually dropping.

That's not to say it couldn't have existed. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, and all that. But considering how much raid content can be skipped by a monk or rogue dragging and clicky rezzing a cleric or mage (all of ST, for example), if I were a dev I'd want some very strong evidence that this existed on AK before I put it on TAKP.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Sketchy and Ravenwing like this.
  3. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I never saw a rez goo and I spent some time on the oozes in DN.

4. Synthetix

Do you remember if you saw Pulsing Goo or Pliable Goo? How many Oozes did you kill? Did you kill the correct Oozes, the ones near Neb? This item used to be ultra rare.

5. surron

surron People Like Me

fwiw the item is on AllAkabor which means someone submitted it no?

well if you search "an amorphous mass" on AllAkabor it shows 10 spawn points all with a 10 minute repop and showing that it drops this item... which clearly goes against what the allakazam comments show of it dropping from 1 spawn that takes hours to repop.

perhaps bijaz can tell us who submitted the pulsing goo item to AllAkabor or if it was just imported from something else.

6. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Allakabor was using PEQ database and it is not all that accurate.

7. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

I killed all the shit down there that i found. used to enter from the doors by the spiders - and clear my way in and through. I never looted a rez goo. I wanted a rez goo; I had plans for a rez goo. But I never saw it. I mean it could've existed on allakabor from a GM event. Zamiel had 2 lockets of escape. A destiny SK had a circlet of shadow (thats the prenerf). But these things never fell in droga. And I never got a goo to fall in DN.

8. Synthetix

Need someone that can prove if a Pliable Goo or a Pulsing Goo dropped. One them definetly existed.

But if Allakhazam posts are true, it was very long respawn on the one and only mob that used to drop either of these.

9. bijaz

bijaz Member

The staffs were obtained from either GM event handouts, or scamming SoE support for gear, never dropped.