Alliance channel question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by forgone, Aug 19, 2023.

1. forgone

forgone New Member

Really been enjoying TAKP lately. Been back for a month or so after couple years off.

One thing I noticed compared to playing here in 2021 is there seems to be slightly more auction usage on the Alliance channel. I like having access to server wide chat for help and questions, but am a bit distracted when items get listed. Is there a way to disable Item links or anyway to only see non-auctions on Alliance chat?

As an alternative are there any plans for a separate AllianceAuction channel that way folks could opt in to advertise their wares to folks who want to be advertised to while keeping the Alliance channel clear for general help?

If this was already addressed would love to get more info on it.

Thanks again

Radda likes this.
  2. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

This has been brought up a few times over the years. There’s no way to disable seeing item links though. Most people who are bothered by this sort of thing just tend to cultivate an ignore list of the most common offenders. Usually the list of people selling things in alliance, especially habitually, is less than 10 characters that can easily all get ignored.

DubRemix88, Break and Radda like this.
  3. forgone

forgone New Member

I had not thought of that. Great idea!

4. Radda

Radda People Like Me

yeah, we have a bazaar people, stop peddling your junk unless it's RGC spell or puppet strings...
    but in that case just send a tell to me.
    I'll pay more then Temerity

Break likes this.
  5. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Unlikely.

6. Kithani

Kithani Well-Known Member

Do people think the same about trying to buy stuff in alliance? For example I found a spell today that I haven't seen in the bazaar for 2-3 weeks by "auctioning" for it in alliance, not sure I would have been able to find it otherwise

7. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Imo it's generally less spammy and annoying than WTS are

Kithani and Break like this.
  8. Mukk

Mukk People Like Me

There are quite a few things I have acquired only because of auctioning WTB in Alliance, that were not available in the bazaar.

I don't have any issue with it, unless it's being repeated every 10-20 minutes. But, as mentioned, ignore works great for that.

Tuluvien and Radda like this.
  9. MrFloppyCat

MrFloppyCat New Member

Create a window just for alliance chat then you won't feel distracted, only a little sad with how infrequent people actually use alliance chat.

10. Mokli

Mokli I Feel Loved

And make sure its autojoined as your last channel, so you can just leave it when you feel the need to without hosing up your channel order