Allaclone item availability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mithryn, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Mithryn

Mithryn Member

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  2. Yinn Yang

Yinn Yang People Like Me

I notice that the posts about this item begin Dec 2003, that might explain why it wouldn't drop on this server (if in fact it doesn't). I know that AK was technically based on the data which existed around the summer of 2003, so anything that came after that wouldn't have been in the database. I know that just because the posts don't begin until then doesn't mean that's when it was patched in, but if it wasn't in before summer 2003, it wouldn't have made it into AK before it was locked.

3. Seknah

Seknah Member

That was a random drop from trash in Charasis. It was quite rare. I have only seen it once in my many hours applied to that zone. It was put in with the Charasis revamp, which I do not think Al'Kabor had, but correct me if I'm wrong.

4. surron

surron People Like Me

Items that result from a quest will not show as anything dropping it, so the absence of "this item is dropped by blah blah" or "this item is the result of a tradeskill blah blah" can mean it does not exist or it comes from a quest. If you confirm that it's not from a quest then you can assume it doesn't drop.

example Ivandry's Hoop
    http://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=10082

5. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

this is mostly true, during beta I noticed runed blade wasn't listed as dropping from anything in alla clone, but found evidence it dropped from knight of sathir in karnors during this era (and still drops on live) and rob went and fixed it. So sometimes it's worth posting about if you can find evidence supporting that it needs added.

surron likes this.