Testing out the waters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kilazar, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Kilazar

Kilazar New Member

So I'm testing out the waters of the various 2002 era servers.

Does the client that this server use allow the mouse scroll to third person? And does it set the toon in the proper space on the screen when you enter third person and use right click mouse move?

In regards to character placement. On the client I am using for the other server, when you press f9 to enter 3rd person, the toon is positioned more with the toon head in center of screen. Basically ideal for third person. However the second you hold right click down to initiate look, the camera "center"s. Putting the toon body dead center in the screen, and limiting the view distance due to this. After you are done mouse viewing, you can use alt pgup/pgdwn to re adjust the cam position back. But that is again undone the second you hold right click and move the mouse.

I'm playing on a different 2002 era server, and these things do not function. It is due to the client they are using. The client does not seem to be based off of Titanium like p99.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

The client we are using is based around 2002 era. It doesn't support the mouse scroll, but F10 can give you option as 3rd person. P99 Titanium is a 2005 era client so it would have had more features and options.

Tesadar likes this.
  3. Kilazar

Kilazar New Member

Ahh ok thanks. I was hoping that while this is 2002 era, it was using a newer client. Like p99 is 99-01 era but using the 05 client. Especially when I saw that the install files included Titanium.

So I'm guessing the same char centering issue happens in third person as well when right click is held to mouse look?

4. Dranthor

Dranthor Active Member

Based on what you have described I would say yes. F9 twice to get to 3rd person, delete to "scroll out", and right click to tilt the view. If you page up or page down, I believe it is reset by right clicking again (I don't normally pg up but I believe I have done it and reset it in this way). I think both 2002 era mac servers use the same clients and are limited by the clients available for peqmac.

5. Lenas

Lenas I Feel Loved

There is no difference of clients between this server and the one you're talking about. P2002 is based on TAKP.

6. surron

surron People Like Me

Welcome to p99's classic EQ experience! Where we use a client that was built for the 10th expansion of EQ!