Alla kabor help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Diro, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Diro

Diro Member

I would very much like to start using alla kabor. P99wiki isnt too bad for vanilla-velious but there are still a lot of things that are different plus i would like to look beyond velious.

When i try to register an account so i can view the info it says registration is closed. What gives?

2. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

I'm afraid Alla'Kabor closed for business when Al'Kabor shut down. It's a shame, because Zygor did a fantastic job with the character profiles, but Zyg hasn't been around since 2011 and I'm pretty sure Bijaz is done with EQ for good.

3. Neealana

Neealana People Like Me

Is someone maintaining it ?

4. Tollen

Tollen Member

no, if your lucky to have an account already you can still use it afaik.

the quest search tool alone would help a ton

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  5. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

WTS my allakabor login infos pst

Ransom and Seduce like this.
  6. Seduce

Seduce Member

haha still have my login info too :)

[​IMG]

Sturmm likes this.
  7. Hyacinth

Hyacinth Active Member

I still use it all the time, super handy for looking up mob/zone/faction/item info. I also enjoy trips down memory lane with the toon search feature =)

8. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

image.png

I miss that Bumbum :(

9. MikayahEQ

MikayahEQ Well-Known Member

So...here I go necroing another thread, but I've hit enough links here that ended up going to the login page that it brought me to Search, and that brought me here.

With a little interweb wizardry, I believe I have come across the contact information for the person who (at least) holds the registration for the Alla Kabor domain (really, it's not that hard).

Just wondering if any of you who might have know the person (or persons) responsible for Alla Kabor thought it would be a good (or bad) idea to attempt to reach out and request that Registrations be enabled again.

I don't want to mess anything up for the folks who have access and piss someone off and get the whole thing nuked, but it would be really awesome to have access to the quest, zone, spell guides that I keep reading so much about.

Is it worth a shot...or should I leave well enough alone?

10. Ravenwing

Ravenwing I Feel Loved

The guy in charge of Alla'Kabor is Bijaz. He's not going to be pissed of by your request and shut anything down, but I suspect he won't want to re-open registrations, either. That kind of thing requires oversight to weed out the spam bots, and closing them was his way of leaving the site up without having to keep too close an eye on it. Nor do I think he'd likely agree to hand the keys over to anyone else - Alla'Kabor was his and Zygor's pet project, and likely the only reason it's still online is that he's fond of it.

But it can't hurt to ask!

11. Bum

Bum I Feel Loved

Those guys need to play here

12. Faults

Faults I Feel Loved

There are many of our fallen kaborian brethren I wish we had in the field of battle today.

13. surron

surron People Like Me

ahh I didn't realize I was logged in when viewing that site... Pretty much anything you see there you can see on the TAKP allaclone which will be more accurate http://www.takproject.net/allaclone/ besides quest info... but then again allakhazam is probably better for that