Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrontaur, Sep 13, 2019.
Anyone have access to Dwin's contact info? Domain is down.
Pretty sure he has been emailed already.
have emailed dwin and sent him a PM on the forums
however, his contact email is using the @alkabor.com domain, which is same domain as the domain that's suspended, so not sure if it will reach him...
if someone has alternate contact details (discord, @gmail address, phone txt, etc), could you let him know
Yep, as expected, bounceback
anyone got alternate contact details? whois data shows private registration and no obvious contact, dang https://www.whois.com/whois/alkabor.com
Wasn't Dwin in Temerity? Any Tem folks have contact info for him?
I sent him a PM on Tem boards. I don't know if he checks them frequently
He hasn't been on the Tem boards since 2017
I sent a PM and Email via the allakabor.com forums also, fingers crossed that it doesn't have the same suspended domain set there...
The email on allakabor is from alkabor.com, so with the domain down he won't receive any notifications unless he actually logs into the site.
My new reference bookmark: http://www.allakabor.com/smf/index.php?action=search_spells
edit: realized that the Seer / POP progression parser was also on that site and therefor broken, unless someone got the logic from it: http://www.alkabor.com/flags.html
So are we basically screwed unless we get in contact with this guy? Or needing someone to volunteer that has sweet internet skills?
Someone might be able to use a local web archiver to pull it down from the way back machine or whatever its called, then host it elsewhere. Messed up and likely not kosher since no owner consent, but that is a massive amount of information down the tubes.
I haven't looked into it, but I'd presume that while a web-scraper copy might be nice, the backend code is what we would really benefit from. We aren't 'screwed' without it by any means, but, it would be really nice to have.
This is just a frontend to read our spell file that is located in our client. Perhaps somebody can do something similar here.
I have worked on something similar that was a stand alone app. Its easily doable. Just takes time to do the field translations.
Right. Would be nice to not have to reimplement.
I remember back in 2000 using a .exe that did the same thing, and pouring over the differences after each patch.
Sounds like Dwin got it straightened out.
Thanks for everyone who hunted this down and fixed it.
Separate names with a comma.