9-13-2023

Discussion in 'Changelog' started by robregen, Sep 13, 2023.

1. robregen

robregen Administrator Staff Member

Code:
    Torven

* Changed the level ranges players can group with each other and still get exp. The minimum range is now 4. At higher levels it is largely the same but at some levels may now be wider by one.
    * Quest exp is now capped at 25%.
    * Kill exp is now capped at 12.5%.
    * Untrained Bash will now always do 1 damage.
    * Bash will no longer raise if it is not trained.
    * Fixed a problem with underwater NPCs in some outdoor zones that was warping them far outside the geometry when aggroed.
    * Land walking NPCs will no longer keep warping to the water floor and back to the player when chasing a moving player underwater.
    * Unaggro land walking NPCs in water will no longer hug the water floor when swimming.
    * Fleeing NPCs will more reliably run along pathnodes or the navmesh instead of pick random nearby destinations.
    * Fleeing NPCs in dungeons were previously always trying to go to the zone-in area and now they will pick random destinations.

Database:
    Torven

* erudsxing: Added grids to some underwater NPCs. This will fix the flying sharks issue.
    * erudsxing: Reduced aggro radii on sharks and piranha.
    * nektulos: Created several missing guard NPC types, set weapon drop chances to 100%, adjusted guard statistics and fixed two bridge spawn points.
    * nektulos: Adjusted roamboxes in the northeast region to concentrate more NPCs near Neriak and to prevent too few level 1s being up.
    * steamfont: Watchmen respawn timers reduced.
    Elroz
    * Added missing "orc hatchetman" to gfaydark
    * Added missing "a faerie duchess" to gfaydark
    * Added missing "a faerie royal guard" to gfaydark
    * Added missing "Van Shatblack" to qcat who spawns in place of his popular brother "Vun Shatblack" occasionally
    * Added missing "Chou Whinstone" to qcat, also spawns in place of their more popular and famous brother " * Chan Whinstone" occasionally
    * Added missing "froglok ilis acolyte" to sebilis, uncommonly spawns as Gruplinort's PH
    * Added missing NPC's "Burgek", "Swiftfingers", "Guard Becker", and "Lylea" to highpass
    * Fixed Gnome and Troll Shaped Cookie Cutter recipes, they were using the wrong unfired cutters. You may now make Gnome and Troll shaped cookies.
    * Fixed level ranges on "lizardman mystic" in feerrott, high level version will spawn west of the river, lower level version will spawn east in the newbie areas.
    * Added 3 missing spawn points at lizardman camps in feerrott, west of the river.
    * Fixed Kite Shield and Round Shield smithing recipes - they were giving the 1ac-less version that is usually a mob drop/quest reward.
    * Added various agro/death/killedyou emotes and dialogue across all the lands - lots added in Firiona Vie, East Freeport, and West Freeport.
    * Fixed up FungusMan faction, everyone will start scowls (instead of the dubious we had), except dwarves and erudites are indifferent
    * Thurgadin mines mobs should all be KoS, and thurgadin guards should attack them now
    * Priests of Discord will no longer be rooted, will be more resistant, and will call you a fool when you attack them.
    * Added pathing to 2 leatherfoot scouts in Nektulos and increased their spawn timer
    * Paineel guards will no longer give faction hits when killed
    * Fixed up "a treant" loot table, should be a lot more accurate for all 4 karanas.
    * Fixed up the undead camp in south karana, Grimrot/ph is a 3h 20m spawn, with grimrot being 25% chance of spawning. Undead version spawns at night.
    * Ghanex Drah and Lord Grimrot PH's will attack and die to aviaks on their own, other skeletons do not do this.
    * Added 7 putrid skeletons in south karana that have their own unique emote set/spawn loc.
    * Added "a ghoul" to north karana undead camp
    * Added spawn diversity to some of the bears in qrg, most locations should have either a grizzly, brown bear, or bear cub (with a couple exceptions).
    Solar
    * added apostrophes back to some item names and lore

Script
    Elroz

* Added dialogue to all Crystal Caverns coldains

Linkamus, Lyrina, Mechaike and 5 others like this.
  2. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Love this continued attention to low level zones. Some of my most fond EQ memories take place in zones like Gfay and Nek.

3. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Forgot why I even clicked the comment box.

* Kill exp is now capped at 12.5%

Anyone know what the max hit was previously? This will likely be felt at places like PoFore Tables perhaps but not most PoP leveling.

4. Break

Break People Like Me

I guess you can no longer get to level 6 simply from completing the mask quest... Oh well.

5. jbry2

jbry2 Member

* Kill exp is now capped at 12.5%.

Does that apply to both aa and regular exp, or just one or the other?

Tuluvien likes this.
  6. Darchon

Darchon I Feel Loved

Should be just regular XP.

On AK it was possible to get 40%+ AA per kill due to OOR bug.

Tuluvien likes this.
  7. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

Lots of attention and testing from the Project Quarm crew in those zones. It's nice to get fresh eyes in places we don't often go on TAKP.

Manstache and Tuluvien like this.
  8. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

The max kill exp was 13%, now it's 12.5%. This does not affect AA exp.

Mechaike, Tuluvien and jbry2 like this.
  9. Tuluvien

Tuluvien I Feel Loved

Thanks!

10. Mechaike

Mechaike Well-Known Member

Hah yeah I wanna say I derped a toon or two many levels from fine cut diamond inlaid mask quest.

Echoing the appreciation for continued work on early zones! Great patch!

11. Walex

Walex I Feel Loved

We had several players get feared under the world during innoruuk today in plane of time. Seems like the pathing changes may have messed something up there

12. Barnd0g

Barnd0g People Like Me

Yep I am now seeing mobs that are at the 20% running state pathing through walls to areas I can't reach.

13. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

Here's the problem with trying to fix fear/fleeing: we have basically four different pathing 'domains' as it were, which are navmesh, the older path nodes system, areas that have neither and underwater which might use one or the other but still uses different logic. So fear might work well in some places and not others. I casted a couple hundred fears in several zones before pushing that, but I can't test every place in every zone. It might fail because the pathing files need to be fixed rather than a code error. Fear was so constrained that it just made mobs pace back and forth inside the room, removing the danger from fleeing NPCs and turning fear spells into a long stun which makes the spells OP. To try fix that I had to unconstrain fear pathing somewhat, and this brought back some old issues. I may have to separate low health fleeing from spell fear as a half measure.

So if fear is screwing up some place, the zone and location inside the zone is highly relevant information and should not be omitted. I would say that mobs fleeing into some inaccessible areas (like behind a zone line, or a ledge or whatever) is classic-like behavior if I recall, so not every case is cause for changes. That said I expected more work would be required on this problem. Specific regions of zones where it's bugging out and how it's bugging out need to be reported in a pathing bugs forum thread. Unfortunately this will probably never be flawless because that would require every single .nav and .path file to be audited and checked for flaws and then fixed which is far too much work for one person and some compromises will have to be made.

Obviously clients getting feared outside geometry is a priority and I'll work on that before any other issue.

Mechaike, Break and Mokli like this.
  14. Pithy

Pithy I Feel Loved

Could it help to use separate logic for feared PCs vs. NPCs?

15. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I found a couple of flaws in my last commit and fixed them. It will prevent a lot of cases of mobs ending up in bad places and the issue in potimeb.

showstring, Pithy, Walex and 6 others like this.
  16. Radda

Radda People Like Me

just gonna sneak in changing the price of Key of Swords from 1 plat to 210plat?
    or am i missing something?

17. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I also noticed that a lot of items are now selling to vendors for a lot less than they used to. (Ex. goblin heads and blood). What gives?

18. solar

solar Administrator Staff Member

I may have pushed that price stuff by mistake, I had intended not to, sorry.

RossGuy likes this.
  19. Elroz

Elroz I Feel Loved Staff Member

We had issues with buy/sell rates on PEQ imported item data, I believe solar ran a query to fix the items that didn't match up.

I do see this in AK logs though, so I don't think it's wrong :

[Thu Jun 21 10:43:35 2012] Key Master says 'Hello there, Jiru. How about a nice Key of Swords?'
    [Thu Jun 21 10:43:37 2012] You give 210 platinum to Key Master.

Manstache and Cadsuane like this.
  20. Elroz

ah sounds like he didn't mean to push it live! ignore me

21. benoeb

benoeb People Like Me

In trying to camp Queen Nhyalia in the Potameid Caves located in Jaggedpine Forest both my paladin and shaman kept getting feared through the cave walls when I encountered the temptress mobs there. I was able to sit / crouch my way through the geometry while getting beat on with my paladin, but the shaman ate a shit sandwich.

22. Torven

Torven I Feel Loved

I just tested some fears in the cave. I think my commit last night will probably fix that because I wasn't ending up outside the cave walls. Sorry for the trouble. I'm juggling a lot of things right now before you know what launches in two weeks and I'm not very familiar with the pathing stuff but spell fear was just way too OP to ignore.

Mechaike and benoeb like this.
  23. Manstache

Manstache Active Member

No Luclin cookies expansion. :(

Elroz likes this.
  24. Elroz

Looks like we only have 4 templates in our db, there's none for vah shir/sonic wolf/grimling/shissar

Manstache likes this.
  25. Indi

Indi Well-Known Member

26. RossGuy

RossGuy Well-Known Member

Also noticed some broken pathing in Howling Stones. Mobs seem to fall through the various floor traps and then path all the way around back to you which creates some rather large trains.

27. Rexas

Rexas Member

skyshrine before the patch was doable since they would run down the hallways but now everything will just warp through the walls and wipe you

28. Yaximus

Yaximus Member

I haven't spent enough time in Bothunder to know whether this is normal behaviour but I suspect not.

Entered BoT on my 65 enchanter, zone is empty. Head into Air wing invis to check named. I notice Elif is in the way so find a corner with no mobs and begin to fast. Somehow agro two mobs (air wing mobs for reference) I didn't see and die relatively quickly. Fine, probably just mobs i hadn't seen.

Bring in 65 SK and cleric into the zone. Zone still empty. Corpse Summon the enchanter corpse. Rez and med up. Head directly into fire wing, haven't gone into the other 3 wings at all since zoning in.
    Charm a fire elemental and start clearing the fire wing. Somehow my enchanter gets agro on 2 vind militis (presumably air wing).
    This part I'm not sure how it is possible. I haven't been in the air wing at all and there is no one in the zone.

Thought i'd mention it incase it's related to pathing issues in the patch.

29. Break

Break People Like Me

Something can happen when you are in the farthest southwest corner of water. You'll aggro the earth wing. This isn't a bug. It is a known mechanic based on range and walls in PoP being invisible to mobs and spells.

It looks like if you hug the wall on the northeast side of the lightning wing, you'll be close enough to aggro mobs from Air.

Manstache likes this.
  30. Yaximus

Yaximus Member

This makes sense, thanks.